Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Thompson

Sep 26, 2022
Australia
General Info
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:452638034
Discord name: ldwyer1#4422
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have been a part of the server for about 6 months, and have about a month in playtime
In what country are you located?: Australia
Time zone: AEST
Character name(s): Liam Thompson
Civilian name: Garrick Ormonde
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Exec. Researcher (Held) | Ethics Committee Assistant (Held) | MTF Nu-7 CPT (Held) | MTF E-11 CPL (Held) | CI-Beta (Held) | MTF Nu-7 CSG (Holding) | UNGOC LT (Holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One FearRP warning from when I first started, I didn't realise their intentions, I had a much more powerful weapon already out and decided to just shoot back.
Application Info
Why are you applying for Medical Consultant?
I am applying for a medical consultant position because I enjoy the medical department, and would like to become a lead of the department to assist in making sure the department runs smoothly, helps support the foundation and continues to be an enjoyable department offering fun medical RP. After recently joining the department as a combat medic, I have seen how enjoyable the department and medical RP is, have invested a lot more time into the department, and would love to help run the amazing department as a consultant. As consultant I would love to bring new people into the department, and train them to become fully licensed doctors, as well as teaching members of the department how to conduct medical procedures including regular checkups, repairing fractured/broken bones, psychology evals, surgery operations and more.
What makes you suitable for Medical Consultant?:
I believe I would make a suitable medical consultant because of my great experience within the medical department and around the facility, as well as my experience with other CL.4 jobs like Exec. Researcher where I wrote documents and conducted research studies, managed members of the research department and mentored new members on how the department and foundation runs. I have been with the medical department for a while now, and have learnt how the department operates as well as any department rules, making me feel confident I would be able to help manage the department as a consultant, and help new members navigate and work within the department as well as ensuring they follow department/facility rules. During my time in the department I have also learnt how to conduct and document many medical procedures ranging from simple procedures like check ups, to more complicated procedures including surgeries, and would love to share this knowledge with other members to hopefully create more medical RP happening within the department.
Please explain an in-game medical procedure of your choice:
Repairing Fractured Bones
1. Locate an X-ray bed and ask the patient to get on the X-ray bed
2. Review the scan provided by the X-ray bed, the bones highlighted in red are fractured
3. Locate a medical cabinet, and use the !medic menu to spawn an empty beaker and drug jar, as well as calcium for the fractured bone
4. Place the calcium into the empty beaker, and bump the beaker and drug jar together to make medicine for the fractured bone
5. Hand the medicine to the patient and ask them to drink it
6. Lay them back down on the X-ray bed, and make sure the fracture has been repaired
7. if unsuccessful, restart the procedure, and double check you are choosing the right calcium for the fractured bone
Now you have successfully repaired a fractured bone!

What are the responsibilities of the Medical Consultant in RP?:
Medical Consultant's have multiple important RP responsibilities that make sure the medical department runs effectively and continues to be enjoyable, these responsibilities include:
- Treating patients and conducting medical procedures
- Mentoring new members of the department, teaching them how the department operates, foundation/department rules, how to conduct and document medical procedures and administer medical treatment
- Handing out medical licenses
- Watch over the department to make sure it runs smoothly, fix any issues and manage department personnel
- Guide members around the department, give advice to department personnel regarding medical procedures
Please give some lore about your Medical Consultant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Liam Thompson was a combat medic with a long and distinguished career serving in various branches of the military. However, after his retirement, Liam was approached by the SCP Foundation, an organisation dedicated to containing and studying anomalous objects, creatures, and phenomena. Liam was initially hesitant to join the Foundation, but his sense of duty and commitment to protecting humanity led him to accept the offer. As a combat medic, Liam's skills were put to the test in the dangerous and unpredictable world of the Foundation.

Liam's primary role was to provide medical care for Foundation personnel in the field. This included performing first aid, triage, and emergency surgery on injured agents. He was also responsible for conducting psychological evaluations to ensure that agents were mentally fit for duty. Despite the dangers he faced, Liam remained calm and composed in the field, earning the respect of his fellow agents. He was known for his expertise in combat medical, and his ability to adapt to new situations and environments.

In addition to his field work, Liam was also responsible for conducting regular check-ups and medical evaluations of Foundation personnel. He was skilled in a wide range of medical procedures, from minor treatments to complex surgeries. Over the years, Liam became one of the most respected and trusted combat medics in the Foundation. He worked tirelessly to protect the lives of his fellow agents, often putting himself in harm's way to do so.

Despite the many challenges he faced, Liam remained dedicated to his mission, earning the admiration of his colleagues and the Foundation's leadership. He was a true hero, whose commitment to protecting humanity from the dangers of the anomalous world will never be forgotten. Liam's expertise in combat medical made him a valuable asset to the Foundation, and he quickly rose through the ranks to become one of their top medical consultants.

Last edited:

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Good Evening Liam,

Thank you for taking the time to create an application for the position of Medical Consultant.

After discussion, Your application for medical consultant has been Accepted. Feel free to contact me in game and we will proceed with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Derek White

Status
Not open for further replies.