[USA] "Locust" Oren's Overseer Assistant Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoAltra

Jun 12, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:596613212
Discord name: NeoAltra#3331
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have been here for 7 months, and have 48.31 days of playtime.
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: MST
Character name(s): "Locust" Oren
Civilian name: Don't currently have one.
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes, but it has issues in the server currently. It is apparently really quiet, but is fine in TS.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Nu-7, E-11 LCPL, A1 PVT, CI BCOM, GOC 1SGT, Executive Researcher, Site Advisor, Deputy Director of IA, and B1 SPC.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 1 warning in May, from my first week. I was warned for RDM and Failrp for breaching as 860-2, and killing two people. I had been told I could, which ended up being false.
-
What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?: I have been on the server for 7 months now and seen all the changes it has gone through in my time here. I have held multiple CL4 positions and have a friendly relationship with most Senior staff on the server. I'm also very creative and understand how to keep track of the chaotic mess this server can be.
-
What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?: OA's oversee the Site in the absence of O5 and help to keep them up to date on events and the various Departments. We receive
-
Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
A simple life. That was what was destined for Mire Oren from the very day he was born, or at least, that was what his peers would say. Born on a farm in the outskirts of a nameless town within Missouri, Mire was considered a hard worker from the get go. By the time he was able to work alongside his siblings at the mere age of 8, he was already considered at the top of his field in caring for the agriculture around the farm. He did his best for his family by all means necessary, caring for them above all else. However, as the years passed, it was clear that an impending fate had different plans for the young man. Four years went by with ease, Mire constantly bringing up the curve and working his very best on the farm. It was only interrupted by the shrill cry of his mother from their humble home. mire brought his gaze up from the crops he was tending to, bringing his sights onto the home. His eyes widened at the sight. A swarm of locusts had completely invaded his home. This in itself was not a terrifying prospect. Insects were often the bane of their existence, but it was minor more than anything. It wasn't until one of his siblings came out, screaming as they clutched at their arm. It had been gnawed off down to the bone, blood pouring onto the porch of their house. Mire knew something was wrong. His first instinct was to run in, never shying away from the danger he was going to put himself in. Yet he froze. God, why did he freeze?

[10:58 AM]
The screams of his family members filled the air in a disgusting, immoral rhapsody that served only to dig into his cerebellum and make a home for life in his head. His short, short life, he believed. Mire fell to his knees as the corpses of his family lay on the porch. No more will to fight, no more will to combat the locust. The insects made a beeline for him, but instead of consuming him alongside the rest of his family.. something else happened. The locusts were being controlled. A voice called out to him. "I leave you here as a monument to my strength... To tell the world just what I am and how strong I can be." The insects disappeared, leaving Mire as the lone survivor in their wake. A blessing? A curse? Mercy? A living hell. After a few hours passed, the Foundation arrived with their task force in order to make investigations on the creature's path. There, they found a lone boy curled up in the fetal position, losing himself between unconsciousness and sobbing to try and cope with the trauma he had been put through. A lone researcher brought him up, and through this experience, the researcher opted to adopt the poor with the idea of building him up in his image.
[11 Years Later]
After years of therapy and counseling, Mire was a full-fledged member of the Research Department at Site-[REDACTED]. He and Dr. Lorie, the Research Director of the Site at that time and the man who took him in, were performing a test on SCP-098, a Surgeon Crab. Mire was studying its cognitive functions, with some help from the Medical Department. This would have taken up most of his day, considering the SCP's unnaturally strong shell, but something strange happened. Mire began to see locusts pouring through the vents. Dr. Lorie noticed them at the same time and called it out in comms. The group ran out of the testing room and began to head for the Breach Shelter. Mire began to shake, and his PTSD began to settle in. Mire fell to the ground, with the locusts getting ever closer. The Medical staff continued to run, but Dr. Lorie stopped and ran over to Mire. The locusts kept coming, but all of a sudden, they all just stopped. A figure stepped in to view from behind the wall of the bugs, and it spoke in that same gravelly, deep voice from that fateful day, "My, how you've grown. I see you managed to pick up the pieces of your mind that I left shattered on the soil that day." Dr. Lorie yelled at the man, "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM US!" As soon as the last word left his mouth, a swarm of locusts flew at Lorie, beginning to feast on him, tearing his body to shreds the same they did to Mire's family. Lorie's screams filled the hallway, and stopping just as soon as they began. The figure laughed and spoke again, "That man was a poor excuse for a scientist, he never seemed to realize what he could do with that brilliant brain of his. But you, young grub, have so much potential." Mire looked up, fully realizing what was unfolding here. He asked the figure, "Who are you, and why did you come here?" The figure responded, "I am the remnants of a man left behind, abandoned and betrayed by the very organization you work for. I now have the power to take back what was mine, and you can too..." And with that final sentence, he retreated into the shadows of the dimming lights, the power seeming to drain from them. Mire screamed for him to come back and explain, but there was no response, and not a single trace he was there except for the skeleton of Dr. Lorie and a single dead locust.

[2 Years Later]
Mire had left the ruins of Site-[REDACTED], which had been destroyed by that man with the locusts. He had overcome his fear of those damn bugs, even taking their name as a moniker. He had been transferred to Site-56, where he was now a Senior Researcher. He had even set up a small station for himself to track locust populations and swarm movements across the US, trying to pinpoint where that man was. But he never found anything out of the ordinary, in his tracking and the news. He couldn't just focus on trying to find the man, if he did he wouldn't be here anymore. He had other projects in the works, like Project Insomnia. He realized he needed to move up to get access to new resources and a higher clearance for more information. Perhaps then he could see if the Foundation was hiding anything about that man from him, and why they had removed all the files about Dr. Lorie from their database. But in the meantime, he wanted to help the Research Department move forward, working in Dr. Lorie's image, even wearing his glasses as a reminder of his path forward and his past.
[1 Year Later]
Oren had been an Executive for a year now, and had made great strides in the Research Department, making his own division and even coming up with new changes for the Research Department that have improved it. On a particularly uneventful day, he was walking around and chatting with the other Researchers, checking in on them and seeing if they needed assistance. After exiting their bunks, he ran into two A1 waiting outside the door.
"Come with us sir."
Oren walked with them, ending up in Entrance Zone Medical Center, what most people called Green Room. He was told to sit down and wait, and that he did. He ended up waiting for about 5 minutes before 2 more A1 entered with a Site Inspector. Oren became nervous, fidgeting with his hands and sweat beginning to appear on his forehead. The Site Inspector walked forward, and took a seat facing Oren. He began to speak, his voice deep and low.
"Do you know why you are here right now?"
"No sir. I was brought here after-"
"There's no need to explain, I'm aware of what you were up to. You're here because you've been selected for our Assistant Program. I'd like you to join it."
"Oh. That's... certainly unexpected sir. May I ask why I was selected for this over my coworkers? Some of the other Executives are probably a better fit to be an Assistant to the Council."
"Well, you've all done amazing work in the Research Department, and all of you are certainly capable of being our Assistants. But we chose you. That's good. Now then, You have 24 hours to decide."
"I don't need the time to decide sir. I'll take the position. I'd like to do all I can to help the Foundation. After all, I wouldn't be alive if not for this organization."
"You start tomorrow..."

Dictator Raiden

Jul 19, 2022
logo.png

From the Office of the ██████████████
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Accepted

Thank you for taking the time to apply for ████████ Assistant. The ███████ is in agreement that you are suited for the position. Please get in contact with us for further details.​

Status
Not open for further replies.