Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapper

May 30, 2023
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): Mapperguy
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: Since April 2023
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: CST
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): Ethics Member James "Mapper" A
Chaos name (include your rank): N/A
Civilian name: Samuel Smitherins
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:170131538
Discord ID (name#0000): mapperguy
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP USA
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
- SCP-096: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/usa-james-mapper-as-scp-096-application.16021/
- Executive Researcher: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/usa-james-mapper-as-executive-researcher-application.16168/
https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...er-as-executive-researcher-application.16666/
- Ethics Assistant: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/usa-james-mapper-as-ethics-committee-assistant-application.17091/
-Director of Research: https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...eputy-director-of-research-application.17338/
- Ethics Assistant PAC Request : https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/usa-mappers-assistant-pac-request.17397/
- Site Advisor: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/usa-james-mapper-as-site-advisor-application.17722/
- Ethics Committee Member: https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...as-ethics-committee-member-application.18954/
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- I have 2 total warnings for FailRP from when I was new to the server. My first warning was for accidentally doing the 079 glitch my first time switching to the SCP, and not understanding whether I was allowed to noclip around or not. My second warning was for dissolving an escaped D-class as a Thaumatologist. At the time of these warnings, I did not understand what I had done wrong, but after learning from the rules and future experience, I now fully understand and take responsibility for my previous actions.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
-I do, I was one of the most renowned GMs on one of the largest CWRP servers out there. I was very active as a GM hosting events almost daily, and I put a ton of effort into nearly every event I planned, even going as far as to create different branches of the event depending on choices made by the players, while also being prepared to improvise on the spot in nearly any possible scenario.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
- Yes, on both this server and others. I believe no further explanation is needed as I do this nearly everyday on SCP-RP

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
- Approximately 4

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
- I'd like to become a GM on the SCPRP USA server for multiple reasons. Firstly, I very much so enjoy the RP that occurs daily on our server, and I wish to spread and intensify my vision of this RP as events instead of small interactions with untapped potential. Second, I have stated in nearly every single application I have made that roleplay is my passion, I am constantly thinking up new ideas for events with little reception from others, and I seek to bring my RP ideas to light through the GM team. And finally, I have seen in more recent times how there has been a decrease of events, mostly in terms of including smaller groups. I want to include everyone on the server in either individual events or large scale multi-mission events consistently and with great effort.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I have been planning events with GMs ever since I was a senior researcher, partnering alongside them, helping with planning, and even being renowned for my flexible RP capabilities and being chosen by multiple GMs to play event roles. Along with this, I know how to use most of the GM tools already, I am very familiar with commands and building, which I am prepared to apply to this server. And importantly, I am known as a very creative person, with extremely flexible improvisation skills, and RP potential. I write everyday, and I have even been creating RP for others as SC consistently.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):

SCP-2662 "Cthulhu": SCP-2662 "Cthulhu" is a cognitohazordous entity known as the actual deity foretold in many stories. Though, in his current state, his containment is completely voluntary, as he just wishes to live a "normal life." To translate 2662 into an event, I would have this SCP be temporarily transferred to Site-65 as his file is incomplete, and 2662 has been assigned to Site-65 strictly for research and interview purpose, to discover the reason he is a cognitohazard. 2662 would be provided with a furnished containment chamber in a location decided by E-11, and will be open to interviews and studies by researchers in the beginning parts of the event. As this RP is developing, the research team would slowly start to discover why 2662 is cognitohazardous. His abilities subconsciously affect random humans around his confinement, and would start to affect the various staff of Site-65. With this, I would select players from the server who could be involved in these effects. Firstly, they would need to roll to resist the urge to succumb to 2662, if failed, then they would be forced to become "undying" loyalists of Cthulhu, wishing to breach him from containment, even though he does not wish to. Those affected by the cognitohazard would group up, and plan a raid on 2662's chamber. It would cause a surprise, create some interesting RP and combat balance, and allow an opportunity for unique RP for affected persons, and give the chance of combating 2662 through discovering his mystery before disaster ensues.

SCP-1879 "Indoor Salesman": SCP-1879 "Indoor Salesman" appears as a human male dressed in formal attire, with the goal of convincing an individual to complete "the deal of a lifetime" in various manners. The effects of 1879 would include him knocking on various doors in the facility until a person answers. The said person would be offered a deal. Locations/doors could range from any location in the server, allowing many groups to participate. Here are some scenario examples: 1879 knocks on the inside of the closet by PW bathrooms. An MTF NCO answers the door. 1879 offers him a weapon of great power, in return for his ability to run. If the deal is accepted following intense persuasion, the MTF would have their speed lowered severely, but gain a powerful weapon. 1879 knocks on the door of CI base. The first member to answer would be offered a vehicle of "mass" destruction in return for an item of high sentimental value. If accepted, CI would receive a tank. These events would go on until eventually a group would use reality anchors to prevent him from teleporting upon the closing of a door, and he would be captured and detained.

SCP-847 "The Mannequin": SCP-847 is a low intelligence, but sentient, mannequin with highly interesting behavior. 847 would start off in pinewood, with surface humes gradually increasing as her anomalous activity became more active. And as SOP would approach the scp with guns ready, they would learn that she doesnt particularly seem hostile. So, they would take her back to the site for investigation. Depending on how the RP goes, the site would discover that 847 as a male enters her vicinity, seeks to impress and seduce them, of course non vocally. But, if any female enters, she will immediately grow jealous and go on a rampage to hunt and kill that female as she disturbs her male target. Experiments with class d would ensure, and the choices of the players would determine the fate of 847.

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

SCP-1765 "The Sisters": SCP-1765 is a small group of sibling highly powerful reality benders. At first, they approach the site appearing as mere civilians, but as the 3 sisters begin to interact with SOP, they would begin to realize their anomalous activity. Before they can act though, the sisters would vanish into the site to begin their various methods of "experimenting" on Site-65. The sisters would start at a smaller scale, spreading out and appearing to various low rank persons, tormenting and interfering with their everyday duties. And as time would go by, their influence on the site would grow, and lead to an eventual near Site takeover as they attempt to reshape site 65 to fit their vision. Each group in the server would have their own role in this event, listed below in the example missions.

List an example mission for each of the following: Relating to the above large scale event ^^^^^^

O-1: As one of the sisters begins to intrude upon the ethics committee to really get under the skin of the highest ranking individuals, O1 would be tasked with defending the committee, and attempting to maintain order over the site as chaos slowly begins to ensue among personnel and their very own ethics members. Though, if they ECM succumbs, they will be forced to act for the greater good of the site and make a difficult decision.

A-1: During the various confusing events occurring in the site, A1 would act as one of the first lines of defense for the integrity of the site. A1 would more specifically be tasked with cracking down on the activities as they first start popping up, going undercover and trying to discover the weaknesses of the mysterious sisters before they end up taking over the site and possibly their very own overseers.

Nu-7: Nu-7 would act as the very first line of defense for the population of Site-65, going out of their way to protect personnel and root out the location of the sisters as they make their way around the site and even influence their very own members in ways they could not have imagined. In short, they will be directly combating the threats to slow the growth of power of the sisters as they take hold of Site-65

E-11: E-11 would start off acting behind the scenes , as they work with research to discover the weakness of the sisters. They will be needed as the brains here, being instructed to carefully individualize the sisters even possibly negotiating with them or manipulating one of them themselves. In summary, they will finalize the possible victory of the foundation here, with their cohesiveness being an important factor as to whether the sisters fail or succeed.

CI: As C.I. would begin to notice what the sisters have been doing to the surrounding site, they think at first to take advantage and tackle the foundation head on. Though, one of the sisters has gotten a bit bored of torturing the site, and has decided to have a little "chat" with the makers of chaos themselves. This could involve negotiation, a boss fight for C.I., or even a temporary cease fire between G.O.I.s to contain this massive threat that only causes harm and gaining destruction.

UNGOC: GOC would first assist pinewood in preventing civilian harm with one of the sisters, directly combating her. Though as she turns her attention to site-65, GOC would be called as a desperate attempt to sway the victory of the foundation into possibility as Site-65 truly suffers greatly at the hands of the mysterious reality benders inside.

Foundation Staff: Finally, the common staff of Site-65 would be forced into defending themselves from chaos and psychological torture of all kinds. They would be the primary victims, being interacted with the most early in the event as the 3 sisters place their roots into the foundation and force the staff to step up and communicate with the vital forces needed to put down this massive threat that has showed no mercy towards the souls of any they come across.

Khadium

Jul 28, 2022
+Support
————————
Ran multiple events beside Mapper, including a crosstest series involving 914 that went extremely well. Definitely has the experience and I think he’s a quality fit. Can’t wait to see what ideas he comes up with going forward!
:]

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+support
great candidate a lot of the times i see him doing the job of a GM or SR mod while events are going on like being the person to go from different channels in ts just to make sure both sides are ready if its a CI and foundation type event for example us CI interfering with a scps transport and stealing it to coordinate the event perfectly with just alone his in game roles and feel with his level of creativity he would be a good fit for the team and fun to do/help with events.

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
Application Accepted

Hi @Mapper

On behalf of the Game Master Team, I would like to thank you for making an application for the position of Trial Game Master. This is to let you know that you have been accepted to conduct the next step of the application process.
Please contact an Event Team supervisor (Myself, Ryota, Starling) for your next step.

Kind Regards,
Event Team Supervisor Stee Ven

Status
Not open for further replies.