[USA] Marvin Garden's Petition to Site Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:95461162
Discord name: Breadicism
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Joined May 29th, 2023. Nearly 1,300 hours of in-game time on the server. I got the 1 year badge in the start of July
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: PST
Character name(s): Marvin Garden
Civilian name: St. Charles Baltic
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes I do.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Site Manager (Holding)
Site Advisor (Held)
Director of Medicine (Held)
Consultant (Held)
E-11 PVT (Held)
IA Agent (Holding)
SCP-096 (Holding)
SCP-22514 (Holding)
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One expired warn for FailRP(A) when I first joined the server, and I have had none since.
-
Why are you applying for Site Director?:
I am applying for Site Director because I am confident in my ability to effectively lead and manage Site-65 operations. I have been a member of Site Administration for nearly 6 months now. That time has given me the experience needed in management to perform what the position requires, as well as the insight required to approach any situation. I know what it means to be a responsible and unbiased leader. I want to encourage and guide Site Administration, and further develop on-site departments. Now is the time for me to play a greater role within the Foundation structure.

There are a couple of goals I want to accomplish as Site Director:

• First, develop the relationship between Site Managers and the Advisors they oversee; I feel that we could be doing more to give proper feedback to our Site Admin members. I feel it is an unexplored avenue for internal RP.
  • Second, encourage more interdepartmental relations to create a more unified site; I think there is a certain convenience in staying within a person’s department and familiarity, but creativity is better expressed when as many people can be involved as possible.
  • Third, increase communication and forum turnaround; Site Administration can be slow at times to respond to and solve issues, and I want to speed that up.
  • Fourth, better facilitation of RP storylines and enhancements; Ether through introduction by myself, or facilitating others to expand their characters, I want to encourage more storyline creation and RP above base game interactions.

My experience, leadership skills, and responsibility make me an ideal candidate for Site Director.

-
What makes you suitable for Site Director over Site Advisor?:
I have skills that are better suited to the position of Director than an Advisor. I believe my biggest strength is communication. Those who know me are certain that I will approach any situation with the utmost professionalism, and provide not only specific feedback but also helpful solutions. I also firmly believe in using the appropriate channels, directing personnel to the person best suited to solve their issues.
I also take pride in my ability to be approachable, which is a valuable thing to have as a Site Director. My track record for replying to complaints, issues, proposals, and projects, shows I can effectively and consistently keep Site-65 operational, and without bias.
I am also the longest serving member of the current Site-65 Site Administration, having been in my position for 6 months and 1 week to date.
My experience in Site Admin has given me the tools needed to become an excellent Site Director, as well as watching Lunaro, Pyro, and Skyfire operate during their tenure having guided me.
Finally, I am also a Gamemaster, which allows me to not only create RP as Site Director, but full fledged storylines, which I plan on taking advantage of.

-
What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:
Site Administration is responsible for ensuring the overall stability of the whole of Site-65. This involves a lot of different jobs, duties, and coordination.

In no particular order:

• Approval of inter-departmental projects, proposals, and subdivisions that would grant special permissions.
  • Reviewing Site-65 departments to ensure that they are efficient, and that leadership personnel are fit for continued operations.
  • Management of breach response, Advanced Armory authorization, airlock KOSs, and mass terminations if necessary.
  • Handling complaints regarding senior staff and personnel in an unbiased manner.
  • Guiding on-site events, and creating roleplay that involves and develops personal characters.
  • Creating policies in the best interest of the site, thoroughly reviewed by all active SA members.
  • Voting on candidates for Site Administration
  • Voting on candidates for Medical Director, DEA Director, Security Chief, and MTF Commanders.
  • If necessary, stepping in to manage a department given a failure of leadership.
  • Facilitating effective and clear communication between departments, ensuring relevant personnel are kept within the loop.
  • Finally, active engagement with personnel in order to foster a positive environment, and having a visible presence on site.
-
I would also like to address something. During a previous application I withdrew due to health concerns. While this has not been entirely resolved, I am no longer concerned it will affect my ability to act as an active and full Site Director.
-
Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Personnel Files - SCIPNet

Name: Marvin Garden
DoB: October 21st, 1978 (45 years old)
Previous Occupations: Site Advisor, Director of Medicine, Consultant, Sr. Doctor
Assignment: Site-65 - Pinewood - Saskatchewan - Canada

Patron: █████ ██ ██████, Former ██████ █████████ ██████

<:> BEGIN AUDIO TRANSCRIPT <:>
------------------------------------
"...Hello? Is this thing on...? Right. Hello again. My name is Site Manager Marvin Garden, currently serving as the Site-65 Site Manager during the current administration. The folks over at RAISA asked me to remake my introductory video to my life and qualifications for the folks who need to know. I could have sworn I had done this before, but I suppose it was outdated. And while my journey has been a long one, I will do my best to be quic-"

*A pager device ping can be heard*

*Sigh...*
"Give me a moment, someone's just released information about the █████ ███████ in D-Block again... I swear these techies..."
"How they keep getting CL5 cards is beyond me..." *Voice trails off*

<:> AUDIO TRANSCRIPT PAUSED <:>

<!> Commencing Mass Amnestication - Dispensing Class-A <!>
|--|---------|
|------|-----|
|---------|--|

Amnestication Complete - Closing Ventilation Systems​

To: site65-gsd@scipNET.info
Sent: 8:47 AM, June 15, 2024
Subject: Ethical Concerns

Hello GENSEC,

I would like to issue a reminder that you must issue a verbal warning to a D-class before termination.
From what I have seen recently, I believe this to be an issue. Site Administration will be keeping a watchful eye for the next few weeks.

As always, if you hear something that sounds like it would be classified, call a member of IA or Site Admin to confirm.

- Site Manager Marvin Garden

<:> AUDIO TRANSCRIPT RESUMED <:>

*Papers shuffling and filing cabinets opening and closing, a tiny voice on a telephone*

"Alright, calm down, hold on a minute I'll be right there. Just need to finish some paperwork."

*Click*

"Sorry about that. Let's start from the beginning."

"I grew up in rural Nebraska, a small town by the name of Chance. Nothing interesting ever happened there, and I grew up quite peacefully with my sister Marvina, my mother Maureen, and my stoic father, Melvin. The Garden family was your average suburban family."

"However, when I was 14, I took my Middle School biology class with an inspiring teacher, Ms. Young. She showed the intricacies of biology, as far as a middle school level goes, which essentially cemented my path in the field. When I turned 18, I applied to a small liberal arts college, earned my Bachelors in the Biological Sciences, and moved on to a path that would let me also make money, Medical School. At the age of 26, earned my medical doctorate, quite an achievement after many years of work. Naturally I did a lot of boring doctor stuff, blah blah blah, anyway, I got a lot of experience at a hospital, etc..."

"Following my fellowship, I moved into a small practice near Lake Michigan, helping various peoples with their injuries. And suffice to say, my life would have likely continued down that path. But of course, life never runs smoothly. No, not with anomalies running free."

"It all changed one morning. I woke up, went about my usual routine, which was nearly mind numbing by that point, and headed in to work. However, that morning had a surprise for me. A rather strange patient walked in. Or rather, “shattered” in. In all my years of study, I had never seen anything remotely similar. A man whose entire skeleton was completely fused together. The real shock was when he started to move, breaking nearly every joint in his body just to put a foot forward...

*10 Seconds of Silence*

"Everything from this point is rather vague. I seem to remember a sort of SWAT team, I assume some kind of Mobile Task Force, sweeping in to cover the area."

"The man, still before me, asked me to kill him. I cannot imagine the pain he must have been in, but I knew no way to help him, especially when my practice was being surrounded by armed forces. From there, my memories end. Next thing I know, I've woken in an interrogation room, with a man in front of me. We conversed for a while, he was surprisingly knowledgeable about the sciences, even more than myself. Hours went by, and still we talked. He must have seen something in me, since I was offered a job at the SCP Foundation.

"Naturally, considering my line of work, I was placed in the Department of Medicine, and with my experience I was positioned immediately as a Senior Doctor. The rest is history. I cured countless personnel with my own concocted cures, diagnosing D-class who suddenly develop Lung Cancer, and providing psychological evaluation to the tired and weary personnel of Site-65. Eventually, my efforts were recognized by the department, and I was promoted to the leadership role of Medical Consultant. Naturally, I continued to do my very best. After many licenses, and many hours of labor, and many many first aid kits, an opportunity made itself available to me. So I took the chance and submitted my letter of intent for Director of Medicine. And I really had a great time in that position. However, I wanted more. Eventually, I submitted my petition for Site Administration, which was successful!"

"And now, here I am today. Managing one of the largest Sites across the Foundation. I would be lying if I said it was easy, after all we do lie about so much here at the Foundation. But I wish to join a higher cause. To stop corruption in its tracks, which is all too common in human society.

"I lost my hands to those green bastards, though I found a way to get them back..."

"I personally treated ██-█ before his... breakdown..."

"I have managed many, many breaches, raids, and issues. Even SCP-008 of all things..."

"And have faced interdimensional threats beyond belief"

"Honestly, people really do underestimate the amount of redactable shit Site Admin ends up involved in..."

"However, I think it might be time for another change. I am getting tired of the same old tune."

"I need to learn the words of a new song."

"Skyfire, your leadership has shown me what it means to be a Site Director, I can only hope that I will fulfill the position with what it deserves."

"Right then, let's go see about getting that D-Class a work permit, shall we?"

*A door creaks open, and quietly shuts.*
----------------------------------
<:> END AUDIO TRANSCRIPT <:>

Level 5 Clearance ID Accepted
Information Level Updated - Opening Section GOI-5917

GOI-5917
--------------------
Monitoring of Site Manager Marvin Garden indicates a connection with GOI-5917.
How contact was established is unknown.
What their contact consisted of is unknown.
However, recent medical records indicate that Dr. Garden has recovered their lost limbs from a previous incursion with GOI-CI.
How this was accomplished requires further study.

Marvin Meeting V2(3).jpg

Estere 'Orca'

Nov 15, 2023
Huge +support
Active, friendly, creative/good rp, fantastic manager, overall an amazing person for this position I have faith he will do brilliant as site director

Status
Not open for further replies.