Not open for further replies.

John "Survivor" Maverick

Jan 14, 2023

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:183807020

Discord Name:

The Divine Terror

For how long have you played on CG SCP:

I first started playing on the server around 11-12 months ago. Currently I have spent just over 61 days on the server.
Screenshot (840).png

In what country are you located?
USA

Character Name(s):
John "Survivor" Maverick

Civilian Name:
Strauss

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
USA

Do you have a mic?
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that hold or have held:
Holding: E-11 COM, DEA Sr. Agent
Held: CI Beta, A-1 PVT, Gensec Captain

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?
No, I have been very cautions with my actions to make sure they follow server rules. I've even asked staff members about rule clarifications to help improve E-11's state of being.

What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):
I am applying for O5-4. I am applying for this position because I believe that vast experience as a CL4 combative leader will provide great insight to the rest of the council. I also believe that my extensive time on the server will also bring great knowledge to the council. I want to help make good change to the entire site and I want to help improve our relations with other GOIs. Namely the GOC and MC&D. I believe that with me being an O5, I will greatly help The Foundation achieve these goals.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:
I believe that I am the best candidate for O5 Council because I have shown my great loyalty to The Foundation and our cause. I have been known to have strong resolve and integrity. If I happen to run into a situation that I don't know how to solve I am never afraid to ask for help. My leadership skills a fairly good, I am able to keep my composure in even the most stressful of situations. Nearly no kind of insult or remark can phase me. If it does, it's only slightly, and likely due to me extreme disapproval of the behavior a person(s) is showing. I will do my best as an O5 to carry out The Foundation's interests and further them. I am willing to do whatever it takes to do so. So long as it complies with server rules of course.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:
In RP the O5 council does the following:
1) Manage GOI Relations

2) Lead MTF Alpha-1 "Red Right Hand"
3) Ensure personnel and site safety during any crisis. Such as authorizing AA during a C5.

4) Manage SA and DEA.
5) Push for RP to be done across the site.
6) Approve SCP tests that call for SC approval.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
The O5 Council's responsibilities outside of RP are:
1) Manage Site Director Applications
2) Manage DEA Director Applications
3) Manage Overseer Assistant Applications
4) Appointing the A-1 Commander
5) Voting on other Overseer Applications
6) Keep Site Documentation up to date
7) Plan new RP events, such a discovering a new SCP

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Lore:

Darkness, what once was. Light, what came to be and persists due to a strong will. Darkness again, what will be once again; should one fail. Maverick jolted awake; the nightmares had been getting worse. He climbed out of his bunk, covered in cold sweat. For some reason, memories of his past experiences had come to haunt him. They came to him in a nightmarishly twisted form of PTSD taking hold of him in his sleep where nobody could save him. The melatonin pills weren't helping it either. Regardless, Maverick knew not to let things get to him while he was at work.

Maverick slipped his uniform on and headed to his desk. Three new emails. One for his pill replenishment, one for the daily newsletter, and the last one. The last one was different compared to any email he had received before. It was simply titled: "Read before you leave." Maverick, his curiosity pecking at him, opened the email to discover nothing. Maverick sighed but took a closer look to notice that the message's contents were still loading. He got up and made himself a cup of coffee while he waited.

After adding the cream and some milk, he heard a ding come from the computer. The email had finished loading. Maverick sat down and saw an image had been displayed on screen. It was a sports cap from his grandfather. Before he could process what he had seen, another image appeared on screen. Azalea flowers. The same kind of flowers he had placed on his grandfather's casket, just before it entered the earth. Another image appeared on screen. This one was the most confusing to John. It showed a suburb swallowed by flame as shadowed figures towered over the houses that still stood. John didn't understand. His mind raced with thoughts, "What does this mean?" "Where did they get these pictures?" "Why does my head hurt so much?" A sense of vertigo overcame John and he fell back and out of his chair.

When his head hit the floor, everything stopped. It didn't hurt, he couldn't remember what he'd seen, and he was alert. John got back up and looked at the computer. Nothing. No email, no pictures, there was nothing. John looked down at his coffee, shrugged, and poured it out at the sink. He was wide awake now; he didn't need the coffee anymore. John walked over to his locker, grabbed his guns and other tools, and left the barracks. On the catwalk John noticed some researchers and security personnel walking to SCP chambers for testing. John wondered to himself what the day would bring as he walked down to the checkpoint.

Once John made it to the checkpoint it was business as usual. Let people in who had good intentions and send the bad people out or to a cell. After a while of melancholy at the checkpoint, John was agitated and wanted something else to do. So, he patrolled HCZ with two of his fellow officers. After a few laps around HCZ John dismissed the officers and sat down on one of the benches in front of the CCTV room. John stripped the gas mask covering his face off and buried his face in his hands.

He doesn't understand why. He doesn't understand why he feels the way he does now. John breaks into a silent cry as memories of the past fill his mind once more. Soon fate shall test him again. John calms down and places the gas mask back onto his face. He gets up from the bench and walks to the CCTV room. He scans his card and enters.

Inside the CCTV room, John pulls up a chair and observers the many operations ongoing within HCZ. All tests are on schedule, and reactor maintenance is underway as scheduled. John switches the cameras over and over, looking for anything to be wrong. Alas there is nothing. Until John sees someone where they shouldn't be. A lone security officer.

The security officer was inside of the non-specialized containment sector of HCZ. John scooped up his radio and dispatched a team of his finest solider to the area. On the cameras, John tracked their movement and the officer's actions. The security officer saw the camera and started tampering with the power box on the wall. Just as John's men reached the room, everything went dark.

John fiddled with his radio in the dark until he heard it crackle, on the other end he could hear his men yelling at the officer. He could hear one of his unit's yells: "What did you do!? What have you done?!" Suddenly, screams came from the radio. The room rumbled as roars echoed throughout the facility. John couldn't believe it.

Three of his best men had just died, and the cause? All containment boxes being fried due to the power surge the security officer must have caused. It was then that John realized that the officer must have been a chaos insurgency spy who had been planning on sacrificing himself to destroy the facility. John left the CCTV room in a hurry. He didn't bother with the keypads; he just forced the doors open.

Once outside, John called for all combative personnel to form a class v firing line at the HCZ checkpoint. John then called to his men to regroup at the bulkhead door for orders. Once everyone was there, John instructed his men to equip the Kal-tec goggles he was passing out. The Kal-tech goggles were specially designed for providing total vision in dark environments and blocking out any cognito hazards.

Once everyone had their Kal-techs on, John and his soldiers moved deeper into HCZ to combat the containment breach. As the E-11 passed by SCP-087's containment chamber a low rumbling could be heard. Suddenly, SCP-682 burst out of the ground, jaw agape. SCP-682 began thrashing around, eating or otherwise maiming anyone he saw. Luckily, John had been thrown behind SCP-682 when he emerged from the ground. John jumped to his feet, clicked the safety off his MSBS, and began shooting.

Chunks of decaying matter began flying off of SCP-682's body as he ate. SCP-682 began whipping his tail around in a fury to hit John. John ducked and dodged but SCP-682's tail then mutated and grew into a tentacle-like appendage. John tried to step back but SCP-682 wrapped his tails around John and dropped him into the hole he came from.

Falling. John fell in the abyss for just a short while. Then, he landed in a vat of some kind of liquid. It burned. It burned more than the flames of SCP-457, more than the pain of having his leg broken, and more than the pain of losing his grandfather.

John scrambled out of the acid screaming. His whole body was burned all over. Deep, painful wounds that would not heal easily. John's adrenaline kicked in even harder in a desperate bid to keep him moving. John looked around the dark room for the rest of his gear. Yet, they had fallen into the acid just like him. John still knew where he was, SCP-682's containment chamber. John stumbled around in the dark until he found the door. He forced it open and went outside.

Once outside of the chamber John began his stagger to the armory located just nearby. As he approached the door it finally dawned on him that the heavy gates at the lower checkpoints were likely too heavy for him to open. Despite the possibly futile chance he has at escaping, John went into the armory and to his dismay, the only thing left inside was an MP5 and a single pair of standard NVGs.

John wanted something more powerful but knew he had to work with the cards he had been dealt. He made his way out of the armory and to the lower checkpoint closest to the exit of HCZ. Luckily, the gate at the checkpoint was broken open by an SCP. Sometimes John isn't sure to be thankful or hatful for an SCP's destructive capability. Here, he was thankful for it.

John made his way up the checkpoint's stairs and into upper HCZ. He took a right and found himself at the primary exit to HCZ. It was a sad sight now. What once was a bright, yet solitary checkpoint was now dark and littered with the bodies of other personnel. John scavenged what he could from the bodies. A better gun, more magazines, a new radio, and a level 3 keycard. He would've taken some of the Kal-techs some of the bodies had. However, they were all damaged and John didn't want to place his trust into faulty gear. Not now anyway. After checking if he had everything he needed, John slid open the elevator shaft's doors and began climbing up the ladder.

Once at the top, John took a seat on the benches just past the checkpoint to give himself a short rest. He took the radio off his vest and tried calling for help. Nobody responded. John tried time and time again to no avail. John reapplied the radio to his vest and stood. He decided to head towards the breach shelter to see if anyone else had survived.

As John walked, he realized something was wrong. Why hasn't he seen any of the SCPs? Sure, he's heard their roars through the walls and the chaos of retaliation echoing through the halls but, why hasn't anything found him yet? Nonetheless, John kept moving and at last he was at the breach shelter. John forced the door leading to it open. The blast door was broken off its hinges. John climbed over part of the door and landed inside the shelter.

Nothing. Nothing was there. The only thing still inside the shelter were the things bolted down, and the blood of whoever died inside. Judging off the amount of blood there was, John estimated about twenty or so people had died. John's mind began racing, trying to make sense of how whatever got in, got in. John had been so distracted by the carnage that he didn't hear the crying in the corner of the room.

SCP-096. He killed everyone who was inside this shelter. John didn't know how someone saw his face and got in here, but it didn't matter. John looked around for something to cover SCP-096's face and found a large med kit on one of the supply shelves. John grabbed the med kit and ripped it open. He dumped the contents onto the floor and slid the med kit over SCP-096's head. John zipped it closed around SCP-096's head and turned back towards the medical supplies he had dumped onto the floor.

John examined what had been inside the med kit. Bandages, gauze, medical tape, painkillers, and an adrenaline shot. John sat down and tended to his wounds. John took some of the painkillers and placed it and the adrenaline shot into a pouch on his vest.

John stood again feeling a little better. As John climbed out of the breach shelter, he looked back at SCP-096 who was still crying in the corner. For a fleeting moment, John saw himself in that corner. He shrugged off the mild sorrow he had and kept moving.

Outside the breach shelter once more John began thinking about his next course of action when his radio cracked to life. "If anyone can hear me, then this is your site director speaking. I am wounded, and I'm stuck inside my office. I've stopped the bleeding, but my leg hurts far too much to get out of here on my own. Please. If anyone can hear me. Help me."

John attempted to respond but the microphone in his radio was broken. Regardless, he made his way to the site director's office. At the officer John found why the director was stuck inside. Three SCP-049-2 instances were attempting to break down the door. The sight of the SCPs unsettled John. Not because of what they were doing or the fact he found more SCPs, it was the fact that SCP-049-2 instances are usually never far from their master.

Fear usually sharpened John's aim and it was still the case. One well-placed shot killed all three of the instances. John pushed their bodies aside and kicked in the door. The site director jumped due to John's startling entrance. John kneeled down and offered the site director some of the painkillers he had and gave him the adrenaline shot to help him move with John. The site director thanked John for coming to rescue him, but John waved the thanks away saying that it was his duty to help him and that no thanks were needed.

John took the site director's arm and helped lift him up. John helped the site director down the hallway until one of the doors behind them swung open and hit the wall with a loud thud. It was SCP-049. John looked back and saw SCP-049 begin his approach. John and the site director ran as best as they could away from SCP-049. They eventually reached the entrance zone of the facility. SCP-049 was being oddly persistent in his slow pursuit but backed off once John and the site director crossed the tesla gate and the entrance zone checkpoint.

Despite the majority of the site losing power the tesla gates ran off a separate generator as did the security turrets. SCP-049 spoke. "You may have evaded me yet again, but I assure you that you are only doing more harm to yourself by not letting me administer the cure to you. I shall leave you for now but know this, I will not be so forgiving the next time we meet." With that, SCP-049 walked away.

John looked to the site director and then to his leg. It was bleeding again. John opened the checkpoint door and dragged the site director in. He sat him down in the breakroom just beyond the checkpoint. John started asking the site director questions about what he was doing when the breach started and what he plans on doing when everything was over. The site director responded in an aggravated tone but understandably so as he was in pain. John rummaged around the breakroom and found another med kit attached to the wall. John tore it open and grabbed some more bandages to wrap around the site director's leg.

John unwrapped the site director's leg and applied new bandages to it in a tighter formation. The bleeding stopped. The site director thanked John for his help. After some more questions between the two they decided to recontinue their journey to the surface.

John and the site director made it to the lobby with no incident until they noticed SCP-173 in the corner of the room. The site director began to panic but John assured him that they would be fine so long as at least one of them kept their eyes on SCP-173. They made sure to announce when they were about to blink as they made their way to the elevator to the garage.

Ever since the site-wide breach that occurred when John was a security captain, the elevators to the surface were put onto a separate generator so injured personnel could still get out. John placed the site director in the corner of the elevator and pushed the button to go to the surface. The doors closed and the elevator began moving up. John stood in the other corner of the elevator, looking down at the site director. John had realized that he didn't fully recognize the site director, yet he recognized his voice.

*Ding* The elevator doors open. John helps the site director up and walks him out and into the garage. There John sees many of his soldiers and some other personnel in the evacuation area of the garage. He sees Nu-7 soldiers gearing up and preparing to ride out in their armored vehicles.

One of the Nu-7 notices John and the site director and runs over to them. It's a Nu-7 captain. He examines the two and guides them to the evacuation area. There, the site director and John part ways as they speak with other personnel. John talks to his soldiers and when he turns around the site director is gone. The painkillers and adrenaline wear off. Pain and nausea overcome John and he collapses.

A few days later....

John wakes up in his bunk. It's not cold anymore. He gets up and puts his uniform on. He heads to his desk and checks his email. One new message. John opens it up and waits for it to load. Normally, he'd get coffee while he waited but he's not tired, so why bother? The email finishes loading. It's a request for John to meet with site command on floor three. John's eyes widened. Usually being called to floor three is either for disciplinary action or recognition for honorable actions. John reads the rest of the email, grabs his gear, and heads out.

John arrives at floor three. He goes to sit on one of the chairs in the reception area when he hears his name called. He stops and walks over to the reception window. An ISD member is standing there and asks John to hand over all of his weapons, his radio, and headcam. John hands over all of them and the ISD instructs John to follow him.

John follows the ISD through the halls of floor three until they reach a door at the end of the hall. A sign above the door reads: "Site Command Meeting Room." The ISD opens the door and instructs John to enter the room. Inside John sees three people in black suits. One of which looks familiar to him. The people in suits tell John to sit in a chair and he does.

The suited man in the middle asks John the question: "What do you believe to be the reason you were called here?"
"I believe it would be due to my actions during the latest breach. During which I rescued the site director." John replied. The man gave a slight laugh and cleared his throat before saying: "You got most of that right. You see, while you were indeed called here for your actions during that breach, you did not save the site director."

John's face contorted into a look of confusion. John asked: "Well, who did I save then?" "You saved one of us." replied the man. John's confusion toned down. He gestured towards the person sitting to the left of him and all of the site command members nodded. "You see John, the breach was staged. That morning we sent you a memetic agent to amplify your original self. This was all a test to measure your dedication to the foundation. It seems that you've nearly forgotten your old self entirely. Now, we have a proposition for you. If you would like to, you can join the O5 council and become one of us. Otherwise, you'll be amnesticized and forget everything we've said. Whichever choice you make, we will deactivate the memetic agent affecting you. So, what will it be?"
John's face changed to one of shock. He said: "I would be honored to join you." "Good choice" said O5-1. And so, John sails towards new horizons known now as O5-4 "The Immortal".​

> Greetings User!
> Processing Clearence Level . . .
> Clearence Level 5 detected!
> Loading Personnel File . . .

> Done!

SC.jpg

> Greetings User! Welcome to the personnel file of: Site Inspector █████ Jackson.
> Which section of the personnel file would you like to read?
> Options: [General_Information] - [Personnel_Background] - [Foundation_Background]
> Selected: [General_Information]
> Loading . . .
> Done!

[General_Information]
Given Name: █████ Jackson
Active Codename: N/A
Sex: Male
Height: 185.42 cm (6' 1')
Race: █████
Nationality: ████████
Distinguishable Traits: Brown Hair, Brown Iris, Minor Limp with Right Leg
Birthplace: ██████████, █████████
Date of Birth: ██/██/1984
Positions held: ██████ ███████, █-██ █████████
Positions Holding: Site Inspector

> Loading . . .
> You have finished reading: [General_Information]
> Which section of the personnel file would you like to read next?
> Options: [General_Information] - [Personnel_Background] - [Foundation_Background]

> Selected: [Personnel_Background]
> Loading . . .
> Error!
> [Personnel_Background]cannot be reached. Reason: [DATA EXPUNGED]
> Would you like to retry?
> Y/N
> Selected: N
> Would you like to view another section of the personnel file?
> Selected: [Foundation_Background]
> Loading . . .
> Done!

[Foundation_Background]
Site Inspector █████ Jackson climbed the ranks of ███ █-██ and was eventually offered a position as a Site Inspector due to his hard work and dedication to The Foundation. Jackson's long time in █-██ granted him great insight into how many of the SCPs at Site-65 worked. Today, Jackson's insight continues to provide new alleys of opportunity for The Foundation. When Jackson isn't busy with his duties as a Site Inspector, he can be found in his office reading files on the SCPiNET. Jackson loves to read about the test that the research department conducts on a day-to-day basis. Jackson says that reading the files is a good way to pass the time and catch up on the many SCPs that we keep in containment. When Jackson isn't doing either of those, he likes to walk around the site and ask people things about their work. Regardless of the specific questions asked, the purpose of doing so is to build a good profile on Site-65's personnel and its operations. Jackson tends to deflect or avoid personal questions during these conversations. When asked, Jackson gets fidgety and tries to move to another topic, possibly hinting at a disturbed past. Despite Jackson's lack of personal contribution to conversations, he still gets along well with the other personnel around him. Together with other members of Site Command, or just general Foundation personnel, Jackson helps solve many of The Foundation's issues one step at a time.

> Loading . . .
> You have read all available sections of the personnel file.
> Would you like to log out of the SCPiNET?
> Y/N
> Selected: Y
> Logging out . . . .
> Have a safe day and remember to: Secure. Contain. Protect.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
-Support

I just believe there are better candidates and more experienced people.

Last edited:

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+/- support

- Cool Lore
- E-11 is still Papers Please (cool game)
- relatively inexperience compared to other candidates

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022

-Support

-Shit talks ethics which would make this individual unfit for a foundation command position where you need to actively collaborate with the ethics committee
-Better applicants

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
-Support

I think you should attempt a position in Site Admin first instead of immediatly attempting to jump to O5

P.S: Dope lore

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
-support not the greatest of the commanders on this server tbh

"Comet"/Shoobinshurt

Jul 11, 2022
+Support
-Good Application
-Active
-One of the top E-11 COMs
-Good applicant

Holding
E-11 CSG
UNGOC CPL
096 WL
22415 WL

Held
CI-B
funny peter.jpg

Last edited:

Second

-support

Usually, when an MTF Commander ascends to SA or SC, they leave their regiment in a better spot to what it was in before they got Commander. I can not say the same about E-11. You have been a commander for a month and I have yet to see any noticeable improvements in the regiment, with some issues that have persisted since even Hotson was Commander. You need to put more effort into your MTF before you can go for SA/SC positions. Not saying you're a bad guy, but your regiment isn't in the best spot.

• Wow
Reactions: Mars

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
A message from the office of: O5-1 "████████"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
740234792304.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings

Your App has been
Denied for the position Overseer, you will now receive amnestication.
Have a good day.
You may reapply in 2 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.