[USA] O5-7 "The Prodigy" - Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulsewalker

May 24, 2022
Louisiana
[ AUTHOR'S NOTE: A lot of this application is from my former former O5 application. At the request of many people, I have put this application up to try and help where I can. Not only for the people who asked, but for the people who didn't. Thank you for reading. ]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48067717
Discord Name: Pulsewalker#7790
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Estimated to be around 1 month.
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central [CST]
Character name(s): "The Prodigy"
Civilian name: Insurgent 0-02 "Profit"
What server are you applying for?: USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held.​

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?​

I have received no kicks, bans or warnings in my stay on the server.

What O5 role are you applying for, and why?​

I am going to be applying for the O5-7 role.

While I have no desire to take up a specific number, I merely have a desire to evolve a trio of aspects about my personal character: my desire to improve upon myself by allowing myself to take up more responsibility in this amazing place, my desire to make the Foundation a better place by improving my ability to offer assistance to the Foundation Leadership I have already stayed in close contact with and to show that I can truly bring 110% of my effort to this Foundation when put in a position to assist as many people as possible.

As with all my former applications, this is not a grab for power or simply wanting a large title to laud over people. I have a desire to assist and the capabilities to be able to bring that assistance at a constant and consistent rate. All my way up the food chain, I have done nothing but tried my best to help out all the Departments. Even when I was contained to the Research Department, I spent a lot of my time assisting in helping leadership within Internal Affairs, Intelligence and even Site Administration with their various jobs by lending a helping hand when I wasn't busy with my own set of duties.

The only reason I hadn't gone for this position sooner is because I promised myself that I would go up the proper chain. From on the ground floor to CL4 as Executive, then from CL4 to Leadership as Director of Research (Deputy, of course). Then from Leadership to Assistant status through my time with the Overseers. Now that I've been given the time to observe them, speak with Internal Security, gain a better understanding as to just how I can help everyone in this position and had the time to speak with everyone across the Foundation, I am confident.

I'm not just the man you want. I'm the man for the job, and I hope that the remainder of this application can prove that to you.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?​

When it comes to the role of Overseer, I believe I am the best candidate due to three core points. I will go over in more detail. It will be divided into four portions for the sake of readability: my Work Ethic, my Educative Passion, my Adherence to Conduct and my Self-Motivated Communicative Efforts.

Work Ethic

When it comes to my work ethic, I believe I am firmly unmatched in the Foundation. When I am set forward on a goal, whether it is set up by one of my peers or of my own volition, I set forth toward it with unwavering determination. I've been noted by Site Administration to be, and I quote, "scary good" at what I do. What I do is create new things, emulate the successes of my peers and seek to gain skills that will push me to the very top. I am adaptive to these situations and aim to competitively rise to every occasion where I can be of some assistance.

I have written over 20,000 words worth of research in my time with the Department, which can be better seen here:
These research studies were not requested of me, but rather, I sought out the knowledge for the sake of the Research Department's reputation.

On top of this, I have worked through efforts to create automated reporting of compliments, complaints and Health Scoring for the departments as a whole. Working closely with the Site Administration team has borne fruit which manifested in a Department Review nearly stacking up to 10,000 words on its own, serving to be so thorough and detailed that Site Administration was able to treat it as an unbiased analysis on the department from top to bottom.

These reviews can be provided upon request for further review, though due to redacted info, they will not be released within this application.

Educative Passion​

A passion for education over punishment has been my motto since becoming an Executive Researcher and later as the Director of Research. I had taken note of peers simply giving out punishments like candy for the sake of silencing those who have gone slightly off the beaten path, but that sort of approach alienates more people than it helps, in my personal opinion. While punishment can help some come to reality, what most crave is challenge or direction. No, above all, they crave education and are far more receptive to it than people realize.

I have created three professional lectures that are often used to help educate the Research Department, appropriately named as the Researching 101 course:
By putting my best foot forward and mandating these educative lectures, I have found that a lot of our lower ranked Researchers are actually very receptive to this approach. While some may complain at first due to it feeling like school, once the actual lecture begins, these very same people are doing their best to ask as many questions as possible on policies they either were confused about before or simply didn't know up until then. I've noted an improvement in our staff's ability to create Excellent documentation and general morale across the Research Department's non-Executive staff with this.

My passion for education can carry over to the Council by allowing me to delegate this information to others. By learning from the superiors of each Department, seeing where weak points are through the reporting process that we have and eventually enabling me with the methods to be able to help them, I can better educate both the superiors of the Department and those on the ground floor on how to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. I hope that my passion for education from my Research days will carry over to my time with the Council.

Adherence to Conduct​

While this will be the shortest section to this description, do not be fooled: my dedication to the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics is unmatched. Whenever I take the time to frame an experiment, I do so with test briefing requirements and chamber containment controls in mind at all times. Due to the nature of my experimentation, it is often MTF that is taking control of when the door opens and closes for me. Through this, I can focus on my experiment at all times.

Every facet of my research exemplifies what I care about the most: keeping the subject alive and well. In the case of my SCP-682 experiment, I went through the effort of drawing up diagrams for the sake of informing my Class D subjects on the best ways to stay alive while they are interacting with SCP-682. Even at the sacrifice of some results, I adhere to my ethical mind and make sure there are as close to zero fatalities as we can get without sacrificing actual staff members to get there.

As part of the Overseers, I hope to be able to impart some of this knowledge to both my peers and to the Departments I will help with reporting. Through this, the entirety of our site should become more ethical and ultimately a much more fun place to roleplay and interact within. An ethical site is a fun site!

Self-Motivated Communicative Efforts​

Finally, we move on to the efforts to communicate with people. While portraying myself as an imposing figure you should only go to every once in a while is all well and good for some people, I prefer to take a very personal approach to things. This has shone through in my efforts as an Overseer Assistant. From the get-go, I worked to gain communication channels with the Research Department, Internal Affairs, Intelligence and Site Administration. These channels were formed primarily through Discord to serve as a better way to communicate issues and concerns that may be had across departments without needing to be on at all times.

I believe this has had a positive uptick in how the Departments are being run with the confidence that they have a connection to someone who can assist in funneling both the positive things in their departments and the negative issues that require some attention. The Research Department especially has benefitted from the help that I've provided in keeping peace there with my new position, according to some of the Executive staff in that neck of the woods.

These communication channels would not close upon joining the Council. In fact, I would argue that they would become that much more crucial. Being part of such an important group would enable me to keep my ear close to the ground through communication with department leadership across the board and be able to address concerns all without even touching the game. A closely knit Foundation is the goal that I want to go for, and I believe the first step is constant and consistent communication dedicated to the betterment of the Foundation.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?​

As part of the O5 Council, I will be responsible for a vast array of things that can easily change the trajectory of the Foundation at any time. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • Delivering orders to the A-1 unit whenever on-site to be able to protect not only themselves, but the better interests of the Foundation as a whole.
  • Creating and reviewing major policy changes for the Foundation, aiming for the betterment of the Departments.
  • Reading over weekly / bi-weekly audits of the Departments to review how the Departments are changing on the frequency of the audits, such as if their solutions are working, if morale is high, if leadership is doing their job properly, etc.
  • Overseeing the day-to-day operations within the Foundation, whether that is through a disguise to gain an 'unbiased' view of the Foundation or through patrols that allow them to watch over how the people on the ground do their job.
  • Review applications for a multitude of positions that represent leadership within the Foundation and ensuring only the best of the best are allowed to lead their Foundations to greener pastures.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP?​

Outside of roleplay, I will personally be striving to solidify the communication channels I've participated in on Discord to be able to give our Foundation Leadership a concrete way to get in contact with people higher up the food chain than them.

On top of this, the O5 Council is responsible for reviewing the applications for the following positions:
  • Director of Research
  • Director of Internal Affairs
  • Director of Intelligence
  • Director of Medicine
  • Chief of Security
  • Site Advisor
  • Site Director
  • Overseer Assistant
I will personally strive to be just as approachable outside of roleplay as I aim to be within and help to make the Foundation a better place.

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in.​

Please refer to the [LORE THREAD] The Story of "The Prodigy" thread to see all my entries into my personal storyline. I will also be updating this later down the road with more stories!

Reactions: Leaf Ericson

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ MAJOR SUPPORT
- O5-1/O5-6 previous experience
-Exemplary job as O5-1
-Long time member
-Mature

Prodigy was the O5-1 for the majority of my tenure in Alpha-1 so far. Through that, I only saw amazing work from him. While I've been on the server for around 4 months now, I've only seen 3 Chief Overseers, and Prodigy has done a near flawless job out of the three. And from my point? He's exactly what we need right now.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Are you intending to take up this position after your current Discord ban expires?

Also, given the way I have seen you speak towards our staff team on multiple occasions (recent example - your Discord ban appeal - you spoke to Foxatron as if he was beneath you), are you going to be able to work constructively with them?

Reactions: Caboose

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
I did ask two questions, it's not clear to me what 'sure' is a response to. That response tells me all I needed to know though, thank you.

Reactions: Caboose

Orbe

Aug 17, 2022
+ MAJOR SUPPORT
- One of the best -1 I have seen.
- Great leader
- Mature

Pulsewalker

May 24, 2022
Louisiana
Discord_ULGaau4fx0.png

If you have grown from talking down to your members, then I have no problem working with you. Otherwise, if you, Winkie and Foxatron are still treating people the same way you were last month, then stay out of the roleplay.

Man Manson

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2021
Hey there,

I understand that you may be frustrated with the situations that have happened in the past. But your Overseer application is not the place to vent these frustrations or attempt to levy a public outcry against what you felt was wrong. While I do feel that you were an amazing overseer and chief overseer during your tenure, what is happening here is happening out of spite and goes way beyond what anyone should be doing in an application of this level.

Please avoid doing this in future applications if you ever decide to reapply for the applications. Because of the above stuff that has occured, this application is getting denied. Please talk to me if you wish to reapply for Overseer in the future.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Hi Pulsewalker,

This is not a post I wanted to make, but I am going to follow up on the above denial by O5-1. I made the posts earlier in this thread asking you some simple questions to gauge your response and see if you have moved past your previous poor behaviour. Unfortunately, you've made it readily apparent you are not, and the Executive Team (myself and Ventz) have decided you are to be blacklisted from senior positions with immediate effect. We do not like to directly intervene like this, but we think your potential return, at this moment in time, represents a serious risk to server health.

Toxicity & Arrogance

Your responses over various topics in Discord and on the forums to SL, NL, and the Executive Team, have been consistently toxic. I have no doubt that you are a talented roleplayer. However, your talent does not match up to the level of arrogance which you have consistently displayed. It is rare that we meet someone who actively seems to view staff as beneath them, but this is the impression you give off.

Myself and Ventz were reading your Discord ban appeal slack-jawed at the tone which you used towards Foxatron. We were even more shocked that you actually had your ban reduced after speaking to the ban officer in that way. If myself or Ventz had been dealing with that ban appeal, and you used sentences like "You will not receive a message from me on TS nor Discord. I have no reason to speak with you. You can remove my Discord ban.", not only would we have left your permanent Discord ban in effect, you would have received a forum ban as well.

Addressing your comment of "stay out of the roleplay" - it is not just 'roleplay', all positions in Foundation Command are leadership positions that I created when launching SCP-RP UK & USA. They have a key role in the healthy operation of the server and are subject to oversight just like anyone else. In the future (pending ongoing discussions), roleplay leaders will even be wrapped into the leadership hierarchy so they have joint authority on decision-making with SL. However, I don't think you would ever fit into this - it is clear to me that your arrogance makes you believe you are not subject to any kind of hierarchy except the one you believe best suits you.

Your comments in Discord throughout your time as O5-1 also raised eyebrows from myself and Ventz at times. I appreciate you had a talent building rapport with the playerbase, but you would also feed into their anger about SL and encourage them to vent in inappropriate ways in Discord. The screenshot you posted is a good example of that, although you have cropped it as to not show the whole conversation. My DMs are personally always open for people to raise issues, but if I see someone, especially a senior position holder attacking staff in inappropriate ways in DIscord, I will always intervene.

Mis-use of permissions

I'd like to address your ping in #foundation-announcements as well. It was myself who asked SL to message you asking you to remove your ping, and then to delete the message when you did not remove it. Winkie was carrying out my own request.

The reason is simple - people aren't allowed to ping their resignations. Not even Super Admins or Network Leadership who leave ping their resignations, because generally, nobody believes they are important enough that the whole server needs to know about their departure. Clearly, however, you are not one of these people. Even though the ping can't be removed, I instructed Winkie to ask you to remove it so people don't follow your example in the future. You took offence to this for various invalid reasons (such as Winkie being a UK Super Admin, which is irrelevant, as UK/US SL both have equal authority on the forums & Discord) and refused to remove it, so it was fairly removed by SL, at which point you lashed out with silly comments like "refusing to bend the knee" and earned yourself a well-deserved Discord ban.

This is a minor point in the grand scheme of things, but another strange thing you have done is kicking myself and Ventz from an external Discord (something which arguably violates the external Discord guidelines) and then banning Winkie with a made-up reason about him having a compromised account. These actions were clearly done out of childishness, and strangely enough were pointless as we quickly returned to the Discord because it wasn't your Discord to remove us from in the first place.

fMu6GLe.png

A word that was used in your discord ban appeal by Foxatron and yourself is petulance. I feel this word is fitting, but not to describe SL's actions, rather it is fitting to describe your own actions as petulant. This might be a hobby for most, but for myself and Ventz it is also a job, and we have better things to do when running this community than to engage with someone who seems to want to create a power struggle between themselves and every member of staff.

Conclusion

It wouldn't be right to say you have never raised a valid point. You have on multiple occasions raised valid points for improvement about the SL or staff teams, and when these are brought to our attention we make changes to try to address them. Ultimately, myself and Ventz are concerned with making the community as healthy as possible. CN is a huge machine with many moving cogs, and although it takes time, we have no issue with redoing procedures, removing badly behaving SL or putting a limit on their reach when necessary - I have done this many times over the past five years and will continue to do so. However, just because you have complaints about SL, it doesn't give you a free pass to act however you like.

It feels as if you have come to believe you are immune to any repercussions for your actions. Whether this is because you have been allowed to get away with it, or because you genuinely believe you know better than everyone else is not known to me. Maybe it's both. However, we will not allow you to return as a senior position holder as long as you continue to show these character traits.

If you wish to appeal this blacklist, you can DM myself or Ventz, but please keep in mind if you talk to myself or Ventz like you have spoken to some SL, the conversation will quickly come to an end.

Thank you for your time.
Cloak & Ventz

Status
Not open for further replies.