[USA] Ottoman's Lvl 2 Demotion Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2023
Name: Jonquavius 'Ottoman'
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:569500739
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: Yes, I messaged my Commander Samantha Smalls right after the incident happened.
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: Nu-7 Commander Samantha Smalls
Rank demoted from: Major
Who demoted you?: Major Talon under Samantha's orders.
Date of demotion?: 9/14/2024
What is the case against you?: There was some jokes going around that our REGCOM did not like pertaining to certain members of our regiment.
Is this true?: Yes
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Once on Omega-1 I got demoted from CPL to LCPL for general inactivity (Low Vtime)
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: None
What is your side of the story?: In an external communication outside of Teamspeak and Discord not related to the server a few members of the Nu-7 CO team were making jokes that have been said in the regiment before that most people know, then a random person not related to Nu-7 in any way who nobody had any prior knowledge about who they were or how they were affiliated to CN in any way to our knowledge. They made an allegation about our Commander that also involved myself that concerned members of Regimental Command. Without any time to say my side of the story, another CO that was present in those external comms was pulled to our CO office with another member of Regimental Command. Without saying anything, the Regcom member told the other CO that I was to be demoted to Captain by the order of our Commander, and he was to handle it since that member of Regcom could not get onto the server. Without a second thought I was demoted with no one having any chance to say their side of the story.

Last edited:
Appeal Denied

Hi Ottoman,

Thanks for taking the time to make a roleplay demotion appeal.

Site Administration has reviewed your case, and found no evidence of corruption or bias in the decision resulting in your demotion by the Nu7 Commanders. They are within their right to punish for public defamation of the regiment, especially when it comes from a Commanding Officer who is held to a higher standard.

As this was a Level 2 appeal, you may escalate to a Level 3 appeal if you feel there was bias in my decision-making.​

Status
Not open for further replies.