Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnotoad

Feb 7, 2023

________________________________________________________​

Pearson Pavish's Application for Ethics Committee Member

________________________________________________________​

1707092693032.png

____________________________________________________________________________________​

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9994809

Discord name: Hypnotoad#9561

For how long have you played on CG SCP: Over a year now

In what country are you located?: Australia

Time zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) - GMT +10

Character name(s): Pearson Pavish

Civilian name: Pearson Pavish

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): The SCP USA Server

Do you have a mic?: Yes, I do possess a Microphone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Research Department
Security Department
Medical Department
Executive Researcher ( CL4 )​
Officer ( CL3 )​
Doctor / Psychiatrist ( CL3 )​
Internal Affairs Department
External Affairs Department
Mobile Task Force / Choas Insurgency
Ambassador ( CL4 )​
Agent / Operative ( CL3 )​
No MTF/CI Roles as of current.​
Ethics Committee
Staff (Out of Character)
Assistant ( CL4 )​
Moderator (Held)​

Notes:
Medical Department : ( Medical License and Psychiatrist Training )
Internal Affairs Department : ( Passed Evaluation and training )
External Affairs Department : ( Passed Evaluation and training )
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

No, I have not received any kind of disciplinary actions such as kicks, bans and or warnings.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am applying for the standard Ethics Committee Member position.

I have been an ethics main for an incredibly long time now, im coming up to 9 + months within the Ethics Committee Assistant role, during this time I have not only learned invaluable experience from many many ECM’s that have come and gone, but furthermore have been mentored by the very best, such as Chairman Sergio Valdez or Chairman Dalton to only name two out of many.

To continue, throughout the many months that I have been with the team, I have taken up responsibilities and generated work that I believe shows that I have what it takes not only to improve the Ethics committee but the whole site on a holistic level, I am an active contributor to roleplay, always willing to do more to ensure that everyone no matter what position or clearance card, has an enjoyable and notable experience with us on the server.

My application was a long shot, but the committee decided to give me an opportunity to prove myself, and ever since, I have done just that—whether it be by working with SA/Department Leaders and forming a productive and active ECA team. I hope to continue doing the same, but with the same objective as all other Ethics Committee Members. When I was accepted for the Ethics Committee Assistant position, I was just an IA Agent who did his job and tried to assist wherever possible. With my background, I'm confident I'll have a strong base from which to tackle any challenges that may come up and truly contribute ideas and changes that will have a lasting impact on the Civil Networks Community.

Even though this application in the same way is a long shot, I hope that you will all give me the same chance I have been given before to prove that I can really bring unique skills and talents to the table, that will in the end, provide you all with a better and more enjoyable experience on the server.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

As I have already mentioned, I have been an assistant for a year now, during this time I have seen ECM’s come and go all with their own unique personalities, skills and views. During that time I have contributed all that I have to the Committee and provided assistance and guidance whenever necessary. In some ways I would say that for a long time now I have been functioning as a Mini - Ethics Committee member, this is seen through some of my work as follows:

Ethics Committee Assistant Program:

From the beginning the ECA program has had a special place in my heart, if I was to say I was proud of anything, I would name the ECA program. During my time as an ECA I have re-written the assistant documents and protocols, I created the Coordinator role and took active leadership within the Committee providing roleplay opportunities through the creation of programs such as the Excelsior-23 Initiative which was a joint sub-division between the Medical and Research Departments that built relations with Medical, Research and the Committee at the same time. Furthermore I along with Coral created the modern system of ECA functionality, having ECA’s assigned to specific ECM’s as well as specific departments that they oversaw and provided reports on what was being seen. Even now I have been handed over the reigns to provide Full Oversight over the ECA Program, including the running of ECA Coordinators and creation of Ethics Orders to provide roleplay and development opportunities.

Site-Wide Awards and Honors System:

Another one of my notable achievements is the creation of the Site Wide Awards and Honors system that has been taken on by the Ethics Committee, Overseer Council and Site Administration as a standardized awards system. This was created in collaboration with the command team at the time such as Chairman Dalton and the now Site Advisor Randal. This system allows for personnel across all areas of the site, be that combative or service personnel to be recognised for their achievements and work towards the site and their departments, this is another one of my initiatives that has been successfully rolled out to the site at large.

General other pieces of miscellaneous work:

Some of my less notable work includes the active contribution to the revised D-Class work permit prgram, the creation of the Ethics Committee Tribunal Summons, the work in progress site advisory boards for better coordination with all personnel across all areas, and even just my work through general duties within the ambassador team or Ethics Committee Assistants.

To conclude, these are only a few things that I have contributed over the time that I have been with the committee and on the site as a whole, I believe that through these pieces of work and continued dedication that you will find that I am best suited for this position, however I must say that I am not a quitter, if I am denied, I will take the constructive feedback from Members of the Ethics Committee and site as a whole, and continue to try and improve upon such feedback.

I hope you all agree with what has been said and thank you.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

When it comes to the duties of Site Administration within Roleplay and on-site, that entails an extensive range of items, these being such things as:

The Ethics Committee holds several crucial responsibilities within roleplay. They are responsible for approving research tests with Ethics oversight, ensuring the safety of D-Class individuals, and preventing unnecessary harm. Oversight of Foundation tasks, upholding Ethics in department policies, and monitoring site staff adherence to the Code of Ethics are also integral duties. The Committee issues orders to Omega 1, investigates ethical issues, and modifies the Code of Ethics to align with evolving standards. Overall, their primary goal is to ensure ethical conduct in all activities, ranging from basic researcher-D-Class interactions to high procedures such as in relation to SCP-008. They also supervise Site-Administration, manage assistants and Omega-1, and act as the primary authority in Site-Command alongside the 05 Council, responsible for handling extreme anomalies and ensuring the continued existence of humanity.

Other more general duties include:

• Conducting Tribunals for CL4 when necessary.​
  • Issuing Orders to Omega-1 and Assistants.​
  • Collaborating with Department Leaders and Site Administration for effective communication.​
  • Initiating the detonation of the Nuclear Warhead in case of SCP Containment Breaches becoming out of control.​
  • Oversight of the Department of Internal Affairs.​
  • Ensuring the smooth and proper functioning of the site.​
  • Crafting distinctive RP experiences for on-site personnel.​
  • Implementing alterations to the Code of Ethics.​
  • Granting approval for Advanced Armory use during breaches as needed.​
  • Handling interactions with Groups of Interest, whether facilitating GOC tests or allowing MC&D entry to the site.​
  • Distributing instructions to Omega-1 and Ethics Assistants.​
  • Assisting in external relations with GOI.​
  • Sanctioning the D class work program in lieu of Assistants and Site Administration.​
  • Evaluating departments and conducting personnel interviews.​
  • Addressing and resolving complaints from personnel.​
  • Authorizing testing in cases requiring Ethics, such as SCP-008 or Termination Attempts.​
  • Approval of Cross tests and other Research Department experiments, etc.​

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

The Ethics Committee are tasked with a couple of duties outside of roleplay, these include,

Director of Internal Affairs

Discussed amongst other Committee members and application verdict decided by Ethics Committee Vote.

Ethics Committee Assistants

Discussed amongst other Committee members and application verdict decided by Ethics Committee Vote.

Ethics Committee Members

Assists in providing the Chairman feedback on ECM applications.

The committee also assists individuals in the SCP-RP discord if any issues or questions come up amongst other miscellaneous duties.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Pearson Pavish's Personnel File

Last Accessed: 01/04/23 11:22 Hours
Clearance Level: 4

09/08/14
Personnel File #1
Pearson Pavish was first noticed by Foundation Staff when beginning his work as a lecturer of advanced Medical Science at the National University of Australia, working there for 4 years his work was admirable and possibly helpful to the foundation's interests in further studying SCP's unique properties and effects, on 09/06/14 Pearson Pavish was subject to continued security screening and inducted into the Scientific Department as a Junior Researcher under the watchful guidance of research Leadership as an associate in Medical Sciences

27/05/15
Personnel File #1.3
After his continued work within the scientific department Pearson Pavish was elevated to the position of Researcher on the 23/01/15 and quickly then after promoted to Senior Researcher, his research specifically on the SCP subject 1025 is the primary reason for his elevation to a Senior Researcher position and further clearance access as a new Clearance Level 3 personnel, he was entrusted with the testing of other higher-level SCPs to further his career.

02/11/17
Personnel File #2.1
Pearson Pavish has continued to study and evaluate the effects of SCP-1025 as well as along the way a couple of other SCP Subjects, at this time Pearson has taken up some medical duties within the medical department, previously earning his medical license (Mentioned in previous personnel logs). Pavish's decision to begin leading into other departments other than the science department was the quote on quote "I feel as if some of the work done by other colleagues of mine in the research department are not for the progression of science but for their own obsessions". This has been taken into account by the ethics committee for further review as well as Pearson's continued presence within two departments.

03/02/20
Personnel File #2.7
Pavish for a year now has been within the Department of Internal Affairs, his motives were from what we know from previous experiences and things that he has witnessed in his previous departments, Pearson has taken on an Agent Position reviewing and applying the Code of Ethics on site, taking a special interest in the scientific department and their protocols in relation to testing D-Class personnel on SCP subjects, Pearson continues to monitor the department with a watchful gaze, motives could be more than meets the eyes, he should be put under review by department leadership.

14/01/22
Personnel File #4
Pearson Pavish has continued to uphold his duties within the Department of Internal Affairs, he continues to watch over scientific testing and maintains order within the facility with just application of both the Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct, continued service within multiple foundations departments has lead to a respectable reputation within the department.

23/04/22
Personnel File #4.4
Through Pearson Pavish's continued and consistent efforts towards the stability of the foundation when it comes to the legal codex, he was contacted by the Ethics Committee for a position within the Assistant Staff in the Committee, with this offer Pearson Pavish accepted the offer from the committee and took up a role enforcing ethical standards further on-site.

18/09/22
Personnel File #4.8
Pearson Paavish has continued his service within the Ethics Committee as an Assistant, enforcing ethical standards on site, however, Pearson Pavish has expressed further interest in going back to his roots within the Research Department, expressing interest in becoming an Executive Researcher while also an Ethics Assistant, his inquiry has been forwarded to the Research Directorate.

09/01/23
Personnel File #5.1
Pearson Pavish's application to the Research Department Directorate was unfortunately denied but nonetheless, he has taken up arms within the Ethics Committee as an assistant and doubled his efforts, networking and building relationships not only with other Clearance Level 4 Personnel on site but in general

21/01/23
Personnel File #5.3
Pearson Pavish's consistent work effort and contributions to the Ethics Committee have been noticed not only by its members but the Chairman himself, after some discussion the committee has decided to appoint him as the Assistant Coordinator, training new in-coming assistants, handling issues and inquiries from assistants as well as assigning them to specific Ethics members for duties, hopefully, this position will provide him with fundamental skills needed later on.

02/08/23
Personnel File #7.9
It has been almost a year now, Pearson Pavish has continued his work alongside the Committee diligently and consistently, some things to note is the completion of the site honors system and appointment to fully oversee the Ethics Committee Assistant program, Pearson now looks to the future and hopes to do more, be more within the site, only time will tell.

[PENDING FURTHER ADDITIONS]

Closing Access to Pearson Pavish's Personnel Files.

Note: Thank you for reading my application and see you around!

Richter "Blade"

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 1, 2022
+Support
-ECA for over a year.
-Consistently assisting with whatever is given to him as a task.
-Actively engages in RP across all departments, including within the ECA's to ensure they all get something to do (Best Coordinator)
-Its a miracle hes not ECM yet.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From the Ethics Committee of Site-65
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EC_Tribunal.png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Pearson's Ethics Committee Member Application.
Thank you for showing your interest in the position of Ethics Committee Member, the Committee agrees that you are suited to advance to the next stage of the Ethics Committee application process. Please feel free to reach out to any Ethics Committee Members to schedule your interview.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 152653.png

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
From the Ethics Committee of Site-65
EC_Tribunal.png
The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Pearson's Ethics Committee Member
Application.
Thank you for showing your interest in the position of
Ethics Committee Member, the Committee agrees that you're suited to become an Ethics Committee Member, please get in contact with me for further information.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 152653.png

• Love
Reactions: KaptianCore
Status
Not open for further replies.