[USA] Pynput's (Deputy) Director of Research Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2021
Texas
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85604913
Discord name: CRD716 #3078
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Started a few months ago (Hit 7d playtime achievement recently)
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: CST
Character name(s): Samuel "Pynput" Rodriguez
Civilian name: Scott "Pynput" Wozniak
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher (Current)
CI-A (Current)
MTF E-11 SPC (Previous)
Also hold Heavy Weapons, Medical, and RRT licenses.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One warning for micspam, as my soundboard was set up wrong.

Why are you applying for (Deputy) Director of Research?
Director Ithresh personally requested that I apply for the position of (Deputy) Director, and I believe it is a good fit for me. I believe that with increased authority, I will be able to help manage the US ScD more effectively and carefully. It will also help with handling issues when Ithresh is not online. The department is now stabilizing thanks to the changes Ithresh has made, but neither he nor anyone else can always be online to handle issues that arise. I also feel that I have enough executive experience, and want to climb the ranks. Often times, when joining a meeting with Ithresh I am told by A1 not to enter, and having the DoR whitelist prevents Ithresh from having to explain the reasoning behind why I'm there.
What makes you suitable for (Deputy) Director of Research?:
I have a good amount of experience as an executive and a high amount of experience in training new researchers. I believe I possess the needed qualities of a proper senior member of ScD. I am well regarded by other executives as well as other researchers. I have the leadership experience needed to manage and improve a large group, as well as the game experience to know how things work and what tends to happen.
What are the responsibilities of the (Deputy) Director of Research in RP?:
Managing and directing the staff in research, punishments for violating research policy, instructing new researchers, and generally being the head of site research. Creation of instructional material, holding meetings, and as a deputy, being the acting director when Ithresh is not available. Also important is the responsibility of resolving disputes and situations where one document does not agree with another. Following and supervising high-level tests is another small, but important job a director should carry out.
Please give some lore about your (Deputy) Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Rodriguez, a Brazilian who moved to America at a young age, was picked up by DARPA after it was discovered he was illegally manufacturing weapons in his home, becoming affluent in the process. He then worked there for five years before the foundation became aware that he was experimenting with an energy weapon that used an anomalous object as a power source, now referred to internally as ■■■■■■■■■■. This led to him being offered a position within the R&D team, where he had an unfortunate accident with a "recontainment" device, causing the loss of his arm. This led to him switching to the regular ScD, where he is today. He then took a liking to psychology, specifically amnestics and memetics, becoming the Head of Psychology. After his performance was noted, he was offered the role of deputy director of research.

Last edited:

Tazza

Apr 30, 2022
Australia
=Neutral=
I would love to see you as a director i think you'd make an amazing one its just that
the application is short and the lore is a short. but overall i think you'd make a great deputy director

Frank Mason

May 3, 2022
+Support
Good Rp
Great Person
One of the best researchers iv seen

- I beat him in the hacking competition, so he deserves this
Hope you get it!

Richard

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 1, 2022
Application Accepted