[USA] "Renegade" - Overseer Assistant Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulsewalker

May 24, 2022
Louisiana
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48067717
Discord Name: Pulsewalker#7790
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 545 hours in-game.
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central [CST]
Character name(s): Joseph "Renegade" Johansen
Civilian name: Insurgent 0-02 "Profit"
What server are you applying for?: USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held.​

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?​

I have received one ban in my tenure. Upon leaving the server over a year ago, I received a Discord ban of one month. The details of this ban can be seen here in the related appeal.

What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?​

When it comes to the Overseer Assistant role, I believe I am the best candidate due to three core points. I will go over in more detail. It will be divided into three portions for the sake of readability: my Work Ethic, my Educative Passion and my Adherence to Conduct.

Work Ethic

When it comes to my work ethic, I believe I am firmly unmatched in the department. When I am set forward on a goal, whether it is set up by one of my peers or of my own volition, I set forth toward it with unwavering determination. I've been noted by Site Administration to be, and I quote, "scary good" at what I do. What I do is create new things, emulate the successes of my peers and seek to gain skills that will push me to the very top. I am adaptive to these situations and aim to competitively rise to every occasion where I can be of some assistance.

I have written over 30,000 words worth of research in my time with the Department, which can be better seen here:
These research studies were not requested of me, but rather, I sought out the knowledge for the sake of my department's reputation. I can bring this passion for work into the Overseer Council in many different ways. With slight direction, a task list or simply showing me the ropes and letting me roam free with the responsibilities I have been given as an Assistant, I will work with everything I have to become the ultimate Assistant and prove I am worthy of the 05 Council.

Educative Passion​

A passion for education over punishment has been my motto since becoming an Executive Researcher. I had taken note of peers simply giving out punishments like candy for the sake of silencing those who have gone slightly off the beaten path, but that sort of approach alienates more people than it helps, in my personal opinion. While punishment can help some come to reality, what most crave is challenge or direction. No, above all, they crave education and are far more receptive to it than people realize.

I have created three professional lectures that are often used to help educate the Research Department, appropriately named as the Researching 101 course:
By putting my best foot forward and mandating these educative lectures, I have found that a lot of our lower ranked Researchers are actually very receptive to this approach. While some may complain at first due to it feeling like school, once the actual lecture begins, these very same people are doing their best to ask as many questions as possible on policies they either were confused about before or simply didn't know up until then. I've noted an improvement in our staff's ability to create Excellent documentation and general morale across the Research Department's non-Executive staff with this.

My passion for education can carry over to the Overseers by allowing me to cast a much wider net. By collecting reports from various departments, I can work with the Directors of each of these departments and do my very best to assist them in every way possible in keeping their workers on the straight and narrow through education rather than punishment. It is my hope that others will adopt this very policy.

Adherence to Conduct​

While this will be the shortest section to this description, do not be fooled: my dedication to the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics is unmatched. Whenever I take the time to frame an experiment, I do so with test briefing requirements and chamber containment controls in mind at all times. Due to the nature of my experimentation, it is often MTF that is taking control of when the door opens and closes for me. Through this, I can focus on my experiment at all times.

Every facet of my research exemplifies what I care about the most: keeping the subject alive and well. In the case of my SCP-682 experiment, I went through the effort of drawing up diagrams for the sake of informing my Class D subjects on the best ways to stay alive while they are interacting with SCP-682. Even at the sacrifice of some results, I adhere to my ethical mind and make sure there are as close to zero fatalities as we can get without sacrificing actual staff members to get there.

As part of the Overseers, I hope to be able to impart some of this knowledge to both my peers and to the Departments I will help with reporting. Through this, the entirety of our site should become more ethical and ultimately a much more fun place to roleplay and interact within. An ethical site is a fun site!

What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?​

When it comes to being an assistant to the Ethics Committee, I should be doing the following things whenever I am on site:
  • Whenever an active member O5 Council is on site, the Assistant should do everything in their power to carry out their will. This can range from speaking with other departments, monitoring activity in certain areas and doing things directly for the O5 members so that they can do their jobs to the best of their ability. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Delivering orders to the A-1 unit and ensuring that they are fulfilling all of their duties as deemed necessary by the Council.
    • Creating reports on the departments throughout the site and ensuring that everything is running both properly and efficiently.
    • When deemed necessary, carrying out the various tasks of the 05 Council in their absence for the sake of ensuring site health as a whole.
I have also written evaluations of departments in the past as an Assistant in my previous tenure in order to ensure the highest quality was upheld by our employees. Here are the evaluations I have previously written as the previous Director of Research and as an Overseer Assistant.
Alongside these duties, if the job description changes or if there are new duties to uphold by the time I personally take up the mantle of Assistant, I will ensure that I do everything within my ability to complete these tasks with efficiency, accuracy and an eye for detail.

Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in.​

Please refer to the [LORE THREAD] The Story of "The Prodigy" thread to see all my entries into my personal storyline. I will be building upon this with the new stories of Joseph "Renegade" Johansen in the near future when notable events happen in my wake.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ SUPPORT
HE LIKE FORMER OVERSEER YOU KNOW MAN?
HE LIKE BEST -1 YOU KNOW??

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
A message from the office of: O5-2 "████████"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1690857270785.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, Renegade.

In regards to your application for OVERSEER ASSISTANT, after Council Vote; your application has been accepted Congratulations.

Please contact O5-2 at his email address for your next steps. (thorn#6299)

Welcome.​

Status
Not open for further replies.