Jul 27, 2024
Steam ID
STEAM_0:1:893291924

Discord Name
stephenpreisler

How long have you played?
Monthly Time: 11 days and 14 hours
Weekly Time: 2 days and 18 hours
You may have noticed from the bottom graph that there's been a decreasing trend in my playtime lately. There is a valid reason for this however, school has started for me. I'm going to have less time to play, but I'm going to be active, nevertheless.

1724021243850.png

Country
United States

Timezone
CDT/CST

Character Name(s)
Stephen Preisler (Inactive)
Steven Preisler (Active)

Civilian Name(s)
Steven Preisler

What server are you applying for?
SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?
Yes, I do!

List all the whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you've held
None

Have you received any warnings?
When I was new to the server, I received about three warnings, mostly for just FailRP. I haven't had a warn for quite some time.

Why are you applying to be an Executive Researcher?
There's an assortment of reasons as to why I want to be an Executive Researcher. It mostly boils down to wanting to share my experience through my journey in the Department of Research to Junior Researchers and others. I've been playing Research for a while, throughout the course of this I've learned plenty about documentation, chemistry, sampling procedures, and effective testing techniques.

Another reason why I'm applying is that I have a personal interest in everything research related. I want to take my knowledge (mostly chemistry) to the next level. As a Senior Researcher and being a member of the Chemical Research Board, I know plenty about chemistry but there are just some things that I'm not allowed to know about.

I've proposed and conducted many interesting and innovative tests to the Department of Research. I've created methods to instantly determine someone's blood type without being dependent on a microscope and I've successfully eliminated P.T.S.D. using Class E amnestics. I've also tested the effects of new chemicals and reported my findings. I feel my creative mind may bring a lot of interesting and useful tests to our department.

What makes you suitable to be an Executive Researcher?
I've conducted many successful experiments that have useful implications for roleplay. For example, recently I submitted a document that explained a procedure to rapidly test and identify what blood type someone is without a microscope. There are many roleplay scenarios that this procedure could be implemented in; from mass blood testing for personnel to emergency medical scenes, this experiment was beneficial to us all. This also shows my dedication and commitment to maintaining a proper roleplay environment in our department by performing these experiments.

Beyond this, I've educated many Researchers and Jr. Researchers about how to properly perform by the book tests, ensuring they remain compliant with Foundation policy. As a former I.A. Agent, I almost instantly know if something against Foundation policy, ethics, or conduct. Furthermore, I've terminated illegal and improper tests as an Agent. As a Sr. Researcher, every single one of my tests have been proper, authenticated, and compliant with our regulations. I uphold our department policies and our Code of Ethics during every single one of my experiments.

I also have a fantastic work ethic. I always show up, do the work, and get things done. From the Chemical Research Board or LRT, I'm someone who's efficient, proper, and hard working. I've spent parts of many nights synthesizing chemicals or packaging them.

I'm also very well rounded across many departments and jobs. I've played regularly on Gensec, Internal Affairs, Medical, and even Class D.

1724025164977.png

How many excellent-graded documents have you made? What makes a document excellent?
I've made around one or two excellent documents. There's plenty of factors that can contribute to a document being good, but here's three of the most important areas of an excellent document.

Has the document been formatted correctly with proper grammar and spelling?
What knowledge have you gained from this experiment, and did you communicate it well on the document?
Did you put effort into this experiment?

Formatting is essential. We're mandated to follow our departments standardized document format. If you're not going to follow it, your document isn't going to get signed or get an excellent grade. All documents must have the following: information about the anomalous entity (if it applies), Hypothesis, Methodology, Findings, Conclusion, and Authorization (if it applies). If you're going for an excellent grade, you should always include what equipment was used and personnel attended the experiment if applicable. It also never hurts to add photographs to your document as they are extremely useful for documentation purposes. You should also focus on making your document easy to read, breaking up long paragraphs and minimizing filler is ideal. Research documents should be descriptive, easy to understand, and easy to read.

Communicating what you've learnt from an experiment is perhaps one of the most important parts of writing a document. You could have an excellent experiment, just not an excellent document. You should always be descriptive and "to the point" in your documentation. You should always include essential details like parts of your methodology in your documentation. You may also want to include additional details such as SCP behavior, the environment and how it could affect the experiment, and other useful information about your experiment. Once again, pictures are an amazing way to communicate inside of your document.

Effort is the foundation for any excellent document. You must make your document presentable and professional. Nothing sends a bad impression of our department than a document filled with blatant grammar or spelling issues. Secondly, make your document professional. Using proper terminology for things helps people understand what you're talking about.

The most important part about an excellent document is making it a good resource for people to learn about the anomalous entity you tested on. The entire reason we're documenting these experiments is to that others can learn what we have without having to do it themselves. It saves us all time, effort, and Class D personnel if you make a useful document.

What responsibilities does an Executive Researcher have in RP?
An Executive Researcher is expected to advise, review, and sign off on experiments done by Sr. Researchers and lower. Executive Researchers are vital to ensuring that the tests they're signing comply with Foundation and department policies. Furthermore, Executive Researchers should enforce formatting standardization and other minimum requirements for documentation when reviewing an experiment.

Executive Researchers should also provide advice and guidance for the Research personnel below them. They should be a useful resource to anybody wishing to conduct an experiment properly.

Executive Researchers may also assist Research personnel below them obtain approval for documents from a higher power, such as the Ethics Committee. They also can supervise and audit any particularly dangerous or difficult experiments conducted by those below them.

Executive Researchers are also tasked with disciplining misconduct that was against the Foundation or department policies. They are to administer fair job bans that shall not exceed 3 days unless approved by higher powers such as Site Administration.

Generally, Executive Researchers are expected to be a helping hand in the department whenever applicable and uphold the policies of our department.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in

Steven Preisler always had a second fascination with chemistry, especially anomalous chemistry. He'd soon resign from Internal Affairs and join the Department of Research as a Sr. Researcher thanks to a lot of his prerequisite knowledge and preexisting Level 3 Clearance. He'd study chemistry and perform various tests relating to a wide variety of topics involving chemistry, such as pharmaceuticals, medical treatments, and amnestics.

Eventually, he'd reach the known limit of the Department of Research, becoming a Biohazard Researcher after about a year of being on board. He'd fill out an Executive Researcher application form he'd find in a filing cabinet related to various interdepartmental jobs. He'd place it in the other bin and awaited a response from his superiors.

Last edited:

absbb8

Aug 15, 2024
+ Support or rep he lowkey mad chill, he did alot of tests with me when i was a officer and d class hes a good researcher

RatGod

Apr 5, 2024
Incoming Message...
Message Received!

To: StephenPreisler@Foundation .org
Subject: Application moving onto next phase: Interview

Dear Stepehn Preisler,
thank you for your application into the position of Executive Researcher. I am happy to inform you that your application has been approved for the next stage of the promotion process! Please reach out to me (ratgod101 on the discord) or Friedhart (g4rp1ays) to schedule your interview. We are excited to speak with you, and hopefully welcome you into Research Leadership if the interview goes well.

Sincerely, Barry 'Blue' Uriah | BarryUriah11011@Foundation .org

Status
Not open for further replies.