[USA] Thorns Site Advisor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:548298653

Discord name: MegaWeeb

For how long have you played on CG SCP: 739 hours in game started playing in December 2022

In what country are you located?: US

Time zone: Central

Character name(s): John “Thorn" Thornley

Civilian name: Serp

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:

yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

holding Exec researcher, Overseer assistant, and held MTF E-11, and Trial Game Master

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • I received a fail rp and fear rp for breaking into the foundation as a chef and running from MTF
  • And an RDM for shooting a technician
  • They are all expired
Why are you applying for Site Advisor?

I have only worked in the Site administrational part of the server pretty much since I've been on it I tried doing MTF for a little while but just didn't seem to enjoy it I found my own passion in the more administrative side that`s why I went with OA is because it allowed me to be more involved with things that happen on-site whether it's just me doing simple interviews or simply watching site to make sure things are running accordingly its a great thing to do with all this in consideration on top of the time I have spent on OA I believe I would make a good Site advisor.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:

I have a good amount of experience with leadership positions. I have been an Exec Researcher for a while, and I am very active as an Overseer Assistant. I have experience with OA on how proper documentation is supposed to look like, the amount of time that must be spent working on objectives in the background (a.k.a doing paperwork), and having meetings with different departments. I also know that it takes a lot of time to be a SA, and I am fully willing to put in that time. I may not be perfect at first which comes with any new position you face but I am fully willing to learn to become the best site advisor I can.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:

Their job is to deal with the bigger matters of the Foundation while still making sure to take care of the little things. As a SA, you should be interacting with members from different departments to ensure there are no underlying problems or bigger issues that are not being communicated to SA. You work with other department directors to ensure the betterment of their respective departments, whether it's approving a new policy or providing advice on improving understanding and acceptance of their policies. Another part of being an SA is dealing with issues that can threaten the site itself. This includes making decisions such as allowing a certain rank and above or all MTF to use AA during a breach or coordinating efforts to handle a CI raid by collaborating with multiple departments to ensure effective resolution while keeping non-combative departments safe. Overall, being an SA is a significant responsibility that must be held with the utmost respect. It requires making smart decisions, working well with other departments, and ensuring everything is done for the betterment of the Foundation.
the main points are
- managing your assigned departments and working with the department directors to improve the department
- Helping your department implement new policies
- attending meetings in your assigned department
- Communicating with your assigned department to see if there are any underlying problems that need to be dealt with

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Executive Researcher Jonathan Thornley had always been fascinated by the anomalous. Ever since he was a young boy, he had been captivated by stories of strange creatures and unexplained phenomena. As he grew older, he became determined to learn as much as he could about these anomalies and to use his knowledge to help contain them and protect the world from their dangerous effects. Over the years, Thornley had built up an impressive resume within the Foundation, gaining a reputation as one of the most skilled and knowledgeable researchers in the field of anomalous biology and containment procedures. He had been involved in the containment of numerous dangerous entities and had earned the respect and admiration of his colleagues for his courage and expertise. However, Thornley had never encountered an entity quite like SCP-2285. When the breach occurred, Thornley and his team were called upon to re-contain the entity before it could cause any more damage. As they approached SCP-2285's containment cell, Thornley could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that this was going to be a difficult and dangerous mission. Despite his fear, Thornley was able to keep a level head and use his knowledge of SCP-2285's abilities to help guide his team through the encounter. However, as he was backing away from the creature, he tripped and fell onto a pile of wooden debris. In that moment of panic, Thornley reached out to steady himself, and inadvertently made contact with the wooden material. The effects of SCP-2285's anomalous properties were almost immediate. Thornley could feel his skin turning soft and pliable, like the very wood he had touched. At first, he thought he was imagining things, but as the transformation continued, he knew that something was very wrong. After the breach was contained and Thornley received medical attention, it became clear that the anomalous properties of SCP-2285 had somehow transferred to him through his contact with the wooden debris. His colleagues were shocked and saddened by his transformation, but Thornley refused to let it stop him from continuing his work as an Executive Researcher at the Foundation. Despite his incredible adaptability and determination, Thornley struggled with the physical and psychological effects of his encounter with SCP-2285. He found it increasingly difficult to interact with his colleagues, who had trouble relating to his new form. As time went on, Thornley became more withdrawn and isolated, focusing solely on his work and the entities he was studying. Today, Executive Researcher Thornley serves as a constant reminder of the dangers of working with anomalous entities and the unpredictable consequences that can arise from even a brief encounter. Though his colleagues still admire him for his courage and dedication, they cannot help but feel a sense of sadness and loss for the man he once was. Nevertheless, Thornley remains determined to use his unique abilities to help contain the anomalous and protect the world from its dangers. One day, while attending a conference on anomalous phenomena, Jonathan was approached by a member of the SCP Foundation's O5 Council. The council member had been impressed by Jonathan's work and offered him a job researching a new lead into some information about SCPs. Jonathan jumped at the opportunity, eager to delve deeper into the world of anomalous phenomena and to work with the SCP Foundation. He threw himself into his work, spending long hours poring over documents, interviewing witnesses, and conducting experiments. As he continued his research, Jonathan became increasingly fascinated by the SCPs themselves and the complex system of containment and classification that the Foundation had developed to deal with them. He was particularly intrigued by the role of the Overseers, the highest-ranking members of the Foundation who were responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization's operations. Driven by his curiosity and his desire to learn more, Jonathan began working closely with the Overseers, providing them with valuable insights and research that helped to inform their decisions. Over time, he developed a deep understanding of the SCP Foundation and its inner workings, and he gradually worked his way into becoming an Overseer Assistant. As an Overseer Assistant, Jonathan was responsible for providing support to the Overseers in managing and facilitating the Foundation's operations. He used his knowledge and expertise to help ensure that the Foundation ran smoothly and that all SCPs were properly contained and classified. He also continued to conduct his own research, always looking for new insights and information that could help the Foundation to better understand and manage the anomalous phenomena in its care. Despite the many dangers and challenges of his work, Jonathan loved his job as an Executive Researcher and Overseer Assistant. He felt that he was part of something truly important and meaningful, and he was proud to be working with some of the most brilliant and dedicated researchers in the world. For Jonathan, there was no greater thrill than the thrill of discovery, and he was always eager to uncover new secrets and unlock new mysteries in the world of the SCP Foundation. As time went on, Jonathan's reputation within the Foundation continued to grow. His colleagues respected him for his dedication, knowledge, and willingness to take risks in pursuit of new information. It was not long before he was offered the position of Director of Research, a prestigious and important role that would put him in charge of overseeing all of the Foundation's research efforts. Jonathan was thrilled at the opportunity to take on this new challenge. He knew that the job would be difficult and demanding, but he was confident in his abilities and eager to make a difference. As Director of Research, Jonathan was responsible for managing a team of researchers and overseeing all aspects of the Foundation's research programs. He worked closely with the other members of the Foundation's leadership team to ensure that all research was conducted in a safe, responsible, and ethical manner, and he was constantly seeking new ways to improve the Foundation's knowledge and understanding of anomalous phenomena. Under Jonathan's leadership, the Foundation's research programs flourished. His team of researchers made groundbreaking discoveries and developed new containment procedures that helped to keep the world safe from dangerous anomalies. Jonathan's own research continued to be a driving force within the Foundation, and his insights and discoveries helped to shape the way that the Foundation approached the study and containment of SCPs. Despite the many challenges he faced as Director of Research, Jonathan never lost sight of the importance of his work. He knew that the dangers of the anomalous world were real and ever-present, and he was determined to use his knowledge and expertise to help protect the world from their effects. As Director of Research, he was able to do just that, and his contributions to the Foundation will be remembered and celebrated for many years to come. Jonathan Thornley had spent countless years as an overseer assistant, diligently supporting and collaborating with the site command on various challenging projects. His unwavering commitment and remarkable problem-solving skills had not gone unnoticed. It was evident to everyone within the organization that Jonathan was a valuable asset. Recognizing his exceptional abilities and deep understanding of anomalous phenomena, the Foundation offered Jonathan a new role as a Site Advisor. This promotion came as a result of his extensive experience and his proven track record of successfully handling complex containment operations. Jonathan eagerly accepted the opportunity, excited to take on new responsibilities and contribute to the Foundation in a greater capacity. As a Site Advisor, Jonathan's expertise was sought after by sites across the Foundation's vast network. He traveled extensively, visiting different facilities and collaborating with site personnel on containment procedures, anomaly research, and threat assessments. His presence brought a sense of confidence and assurance to the teams he worked with, and his valuable insights helped to optimize containment protocols and enhance overall security measures. Jonathan's exceptional problem-solving skills and deep knowledge of anomalous entities made him a valuable resource during critical situations. Whenever a particularly challenging anomaly surfaced or a breach occurred, site directors would often request Jonathan's presence to provide guidance and strategic input. His ability to assess risks, devise effective containment strategies, and make informed decisions in high-pressure situations proved invaluable to site operations. Furthermore, Jonathan actively mentored and trained new overseer assistants, passing on his expertise and ensuring that the next generation of Foundation personnel were well-prepared to handle the complexities of their roles. His guidance and mentorship had a profound impact on the development and success of many promising individuals within the organization. Over time, Jonathan's contributions as a Site Advisor garnered widespread recognition, not only within the Foundation but also among the global community of anomalous research and containment organizations. He was invited to speak at conferences and seminars, sharing his insights and experiences with fellow researchers, scientists, and government officials. His presentations and lectures became highly anticipated events, further solidifying his reputation as a leading authority in the field. Jonathan Thornley's journey from overseer assistant to Site Advisor was a testament to his unwavering dedication, remarkable skills, and passion for understanding and containing the anomalous. His impact on the Foundation's operations and the wider world of anomaly research continues to be felt, as his contributions shape the way anomalous phenomena are approached and managed. Through his work as a Site Advisor, Jonathan Thornley leaves an enduring legacy, reminding others that dedication and expertise can truly make a difference in protecting the world from the unknown.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Support

Works really hard on his roles in the facility, an amazing game master, his work as OA and Executive is something I'm impressed by! Would be an amazing asset to the SA team!

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support

Thorn would be a great fit for this role! He has extensive documentation history, and would be able to manage the roles and responsibilities of SA.

Good luck Thorn!

Leaf Ericson

Aug 17, 2022
As an avid writer myself and someone that is well versed in the use of AI the nature and patterns of the lore and the fact that its in one large block raises multiple red flags to me, hopefully my suspicions are wrong but this seems to be AI generated.

1686866579629.png

putinnator

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 1, 2022
+Support
Shouldn't matter if he just wrote lore with chatgpt. the rest of the questions are good and he does good work

Maxwell “OrangePeel”

Nov 28, 2022
-Support

- Applications show someone's dedication to the position if you won't take the time to write lore for SA, Then how can you be trusted to do things you don't want to do or be active?

- Please write your lore.

Styria

Jan 18, 2023
Clearance Level: 4
To: @Thorn
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Thorn . Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be accepted. A member of Site Administration will be in contact with you shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.