[USA] Tobias "Teddy" Schmid Consultant Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4b1t

Dec 19, 2023
Germany
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:140273805

Discord name: h4b1t

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I joined November 2023 and I have around 300 hours

In what country are you located?: Germany

Time zone: CET

Character name(s): Tobias "Teddy" Schmid

Civilian name: Toby Schmidt

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: none

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: none

Why are you applying for Medical Consultant?

I love the potential of being a consultant as it opens up a wider field of opportunites to engage in roleplay as well as helping people. Not just that, but I also love to teach people on how to become a doctor as it brings me great joy to be there for people and make them feel welcomed in Medbay as they start their medical journey.​

What makes you suitable for Medical Consultant?:

I have a very good grasp of all the procedures, be it performing ECT or treating patients with various illnesses, having all the medicine at hand if needed in emergency. Even as a Senior Doctor I enjoyed helping trainees or doctors with making medicine and providing guidance if they didn't know how to make a certain cure or how to go about with a patient.​

Please explain an in-game medical procedure of your choice:

When a patient comes into Medbay, describing their symptoms such as a flickering vision or enlarged and inflamed limbs I will lead them to the Wellness Center, where I gently ask them to lay down so I can determine what illness they have. Illnesses can vary from a Chest infection, Sinus infection, Bacterial infection, the Common Cold or Influenza which can be treated with the the according medicine in a dosis of 50 ml in a vial. If far away from Medbay, one could also use their infection test kit to determine what illness the patient has.​
It is also possible to hear the sounds of certain illnesses, such as sneezing or coughing as these two symptoms hint at either the Common Cold or Influenza. These illnesses should be dealt with quickly as they spread fast and can be very exhausting and stressful for medical staff to deal with.​

What are the responsibilities of the Medical Consultant in RP?:

A consultants responsibility is to guide, train and lead doctors and trainees, giving them helpful advice when it comes to medical procedures. As well as assisting and advising fellow foundation staff with medical consultation.​

Please give some lore about your Medical Consultant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Ever since Tobias was a young, he enjoyed helping people due to his empathetic nature. He has always wanted to become a doctor, but due to growing up in poverty he didn't have the income or support to afford medical school. He resorted to doing odd jobs while he figured out his finances, working all day as he worked 3 jobs at a time he still found time to volunteer to assist at the hospitals nearby. One day while drinking at the local bar, he was approached by a mysterious man, who listened to his life story, lending him an ear to his problems. The man offered him an opportunity to fulfil his dreams of becoming a doctor and Tobias couldn't refuse. Before he knew it, he found himself in an unknown space surrounded by strange people in lab coats and others with guns. He was confused, but he was starting to understand that this is the place he would finally fit in, and where his dreams would come true.​

Marvin Garden

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 1, 2023
To: @tschmidscp.info
Subject: Consultant Application Decision

Department of Medicine

Greetings Sr. Doctor Tobias "Teddy" Schmid

The department thanks you for your time and interest in applying for the position of Medical Consultant.

After discussion with my team, I am pleased to inform you that this application has been
Accepted. You will now undergo a standard trial period of Two Weeks.

Please contact me via email (
Discord) to set up your training and interview.

- Director of Medicine Marvin Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.