Discord name: Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson#7675
For how long have you played on CN SCP: 2 years
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central
Character name(s): Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson, Tomato
Civilian name: Tomato
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Executive Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Kicked from Executive Researcher once due to disrespect

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
Research is my home. I main Research, only playing other classes when absolutely no research can be done. I pour as much as I can into documents (currently at 70 pages on one) and have shown my love of writing excellent documents (17 out of 17 so far). I love this department and all who play on it and I want to help Research grow. In a server that has a heavy emphasis on Combat, I want to help research be a shining light to those who actually want to role play. Too much of the server is strictly shooting and killing class D. If you want to shoot class D (or for that matter, other players) there are a million different servers to join. If you want to RP, you join Research on CN SCP-RP.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I have been on the server for almost 2 years, and for a good quantity of that I was executive (roughly 18/20 months) . My document history shows nothing but excellent works (as I have said before, 17 out of 17) so I understand fully the document side of Research. As for the other side, interaction with fellow research and SCP's and guards, I show the upmost respect to those higher up than me and show guidance and care to those newer on the server. I also know when it is acceptable to bend the rules and have fun, but also know when to be firm and not back down. I am a RP focused individual, but I understand we are here to have a good time. I want to give everyone the fun I have playing as a Researcher. That being said I understand that Research as a whole exists to be a safe area for role play and being deputy I would foster and grow that safe space for others to join and laugh and be apart of something greater than just shooting others with a gun. Research should be a place for expressive thought and creative writing and having fun (within rules).

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The DOR is, first and foremost, responsible for the research department. Making sure tests go well and managing resources and researchers while also making sure everyone runs a tight ship and stays in line. The Director of Research is also responsible for communication with higher ups and admins about any issues within the research department and for dealing with researchers who cause issues. However, first and foremost should be the well being and happiness of the research department. I will also be enforcing the chain of command rulings and hopefully enforcing stricter test guidelines. Not to an extent that fun cannot be had but to an extent where testing has meaning and purpose. I will educate researchers on the ways of proper testing to weed out any low effort documents that are not worthy of being read in the first place. While every document has value, not every test has good intentions. Also, communication with The Ethics and site administration is a top priority. Should those areas falter it should be on me and the DOR to improve them. The DOR's job should

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what story lines they would be involved in:

The character of Robert 'Tomato' Peterson is known for his unusual yet always charming testing. SCP-682 and Tomato have grown to respect each others work over the time they have tested together and despite their differences (Tomato being a human and SCP-682 being an evil lizard) they have yet to come to any real blows in the foundation. This, coupled with Tomato's unusual style of testing that asks "what gets results", has resulted in many strange and wacky tests. In addition to work I have already done on site, I will be focusing my efforts on SCP-682 and its termination. I have already devoted a large chunk of my time on the server as the official researcher on SCP-682, and being DOR I will assign others to assist in my efforts to study the monster. Recently, I have attempted termination using the demon core (nuclear radiation) with limited success. I also have attempted various other forms of termination through means including slicing, dicing, chemical reactions and brute force. My goal is the ultimate destruction of the lizard. In addition to this work, I will also be continuing the Site-65 Podcast (a podcast hosted from our very own Site-65).

Thank you for your consideration!
-Robert "Tomato" Peterson

+ Massive Support

In my opinion, Tomato has been one of the greatest things Research has seen, he has been here for two years and has provided us with creative tests that are creative and have in-depth detain of the SCP and how the test affected said SCP. Hes taken part of many important discussions thought his time in research and has been nothing but helpful to the department as I spectated him in research for the past two years. I believe he should be selected to be a director of research.

Estere 'Orca'

Nov 15, 2023
-/+ Neutral
Though you have clearly demonstrated your passion for the research department and overall have some wonderful research ideas, I have seen some things that concern me. I don’t mean to offend you in any way, but from the times I’ve worked with you, you seemed to have gotten overwhelmed and upset quite easily which is a concerning trait.
You’ve never done anything to personally upset me and overall I’ve had lovely interactions with you, but what I’ve seen during tests comes off concerning, especially since a position of Director is a lot of work and can be overwhelming in itself.
If you do get the position I don’t think you’d do bad, as I stated you have shown clear passion towards this department, but I just wonder if you’re ready for the challenges you will face within this position.
Nonetheless best of luck!

Chii

Aug 20, 2023
-Support
Genuinely I like you as a person, I just sometimes find your approach to certain situations to be far too abrasive which is an improper trait for a leader of a group. On the bright side you do genuinely seem to have a passion for the Research Department and the role play held within, but I just personally haven't seen what I would like to see from someone who leads a bunch of other people. I dislike giving minus supports because it feels aggressive and mean, though I think a position like this should deserve the stiffest of criticism and personally I believe there are better candidates even if you have been here longer.

Robert "Tomato" Peterson

Jul 28, 2022
-Support
Genuinely I like you as a person, I just sometimes find your approach to certain situations to be far too abrasive which is an improper trait for a leader of a group. On the bright side you do genuinely seem to have a passion for the Research Department and the role play held within, but I just personally haven't seen what I would like to see from someone who leads a bunch of other people. I dislike giving minus supports because it feels aggressive and mean, though I think a position like this should deserve the stiffest of criticism and personally I believe there are better candidates even if you have been here longer.
Thats perfectly fair. I don't want to get this position because i have been here the longest. If there is someone who has been here less but is better for the position it should go to them

Reactions: Chii

Ranger0314

Nov 24, 2023
+ Support
-Very good at there job
- They even held a personal event where 049 and 682 were cake was very fun

Apr 20, 2023
To: rpeterson@scpf.int
Subject: Application Status

SARXUlk.png

| Application Denied |

Greetings Robert,

This is a message composed by the Site Inspectorate to inform you that your application for the position of Director of Research has not been chosen to continue at this time. You are encouraged to submit future applications given the proclivity.

You may contact myself (thegypysbard) should you require further details.
Rv9n17x.png

• Sad
Reactions: Dennid
Status
Not open for further replies.