Volt's Ban Appeal [SCP-RP USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
Your in-game name: "Volt" (A-1) / "Alpa" (DEA)

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:90671239

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Alpa_/

Date of ban: 5/10/2023

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Racism/homophobia against community members.

Who banned you: Cloak

Ban length?: 26 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will avoid taking out my frustrations with the community by saying offensive and derogatory language towards members and groups within the community.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: I have a single warning for FailRP due to the fact I ate cyanide a split second after being gagged which I think was supposed to get removed by Jules.

Why should you be unbanned: I would like to begin by apologising towards all the members of the community and groups in which I said slurs towards, although the comments I made were in a private discord where no one I was making negative comments towards could see what I was saying I understand that this does not excuse my actions to any degree and what I said was still unacceptable. While I was saying the things I said I did not truly understand the impact and meaning behind the words I used to describe members of the community that I was annoyed by, I simply assumed it was okay due to the fact no one in the discord server ever brought up any concerns with the things I was saying. Although I was intending on saying them in a non-malicious way, I of course understand the things I were saying were not okay and since then I have reflected on my actions and no longer use homophobic language.

To my knowledge, the part of the ban referring to Racism against community members came from a single distasteful joke I made in which I compared Australians to people of Jewish ethnicity during WWII, this was also not in a malicious way and was said due to an incredibly disrespectful and distasteful joke someone else made in which they compared Australians to people of Jewish ethnicity, I, not seeing any blatant issue with it at the time made the joke myself and essentially said we need more Australians within the discord while referring to them as something other than Australians, if needed I can repeat it privately if context is needed for whoever reviews this ban appeal, however I would rather not repeat it on the forums. Similarly to the homophobic comments I did not see any direct issue with it at the time as no I am Australian myself and no other Australians voiced their concern with the joke I believed it to be okay, not considering the antisemitic roots of the joke, however after reflecting on my actions I have realised how offensive the joke was and I am deeply apologetic for what I said.

While I understand an apology and an explanation behind the actions I took alone does not completely exonerate me for my actions, I believe I should be given a second chance as none of the jokes I said came from a place of direct homophobia or racism, but rather ignorance as I at the time did not realise the true meanings and origins of the words and phrases I was using, since then I have completely ceased using jokes and phrases with homophobic or racist undertones as well as matured as a person.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Over the 6 months I was playing consistently I only recieved a single warning which was intended to be removed, needless to say I had a continuous streak of not breaking rules so I do not believe it will be too much of a challenge. This of course came to an end when I started to take out my frustrations with the server in a private discord. Since then, I have learnt to control what I say and now understand that my words, although unintentionally, may be hurtful and I have ceased using hurtful or discriminatory language.

Why do you want to rejoin the server?

I wish to rejoin the server as I believe I have matured to the point where I will no longer cause any issues relating to my previous offences. I also miss the community as well as the gameplay itself and would love to become a part of the community again and make my way back up within a regiment, doing as much as I can to benefit the regiment in the long-run. I truly enjoyed my time on the server while I was in A-1 and believe I impacted the regiment in a positive way and I would like to do that again, whether I climb the ranks in A-1 again, benefiting the regiment in any way I can or doing the same in any other department or regiment.

Last edited:

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Hi Volt,

As Cloak is no longer with the Executive Team, the Network Leadership team will review your ban and provide an outcome for you shortly.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

The Network Leadership team has reviewed your ban, and considering your prior history, and your history since the ban, we have decided to give you an opportunity to return to the community.

Please take the time to read the rules and ensure you have familiarize yourself with them before rejoining the Server.

Canoon​

Status
Not open for further replies.