Denied weapon attachment update

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bug

May 22, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

this suggestion is where new weapon attachments are added in SCPRP and MRP

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I don't think so because this suggestion has not been talked about recently

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

weapon customizability, better combat gameplay

Possible Negatives of the suggestion: balancing

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

it should be accepted because it can improve combat gameplay and new weapon attachments can impact gameplay

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
i mean yeah, they gave examples which i somehow missed before, but imo what i said after that in my post is still applicable - how they could change the guns (like stat-wise, if applicable), why they're necessary for the server

i also don't see NV scopes ever being accepted as the NV system as it currently is, is an armoury item which itself is CL3+ and therefore a somewhat restricted gameplay feature (except when people let other people into the armoury area to grab them), but if the availability of night vision goes up, then it makes having lights off more meaningless and is effectively a nerf to SCPs/GOIs

anyway, that's one example of something that was mentioned which purpose was immediately apparent, but i otherwise agree with CT on this one.
The NVG scopes could work like weapon/hacking upgrades and be a one-time use thing, maybe something you can get from AA or CMissions? Could still be possible that way.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
The NVG scopes could work like weapon/hacking upgrades and be a one-time use thing, maybe something you can get from AA or CMissions? Could still be possible that way.
i mean there is probably a good way to implement NV scopes, assuming they're possible, but i personally don't think that through the default attachment vendor is balanced as i said before

AA... kinda feels like overkill? as I said before, current NV is from armoury, NV scope from AA, i mean there is also the cooldown on NVGs to take into account so maybe AA is balanced, but something doesn't sit right with me about that

i like the idea of a CMissions source though, surface needs love

Status
Not open for further replies.