Welding Olsen / James Overscott is leaving (at last)

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
Heyo!
I'm leaving. Finally. Been looking forward to this for a while. Don't find the game all that enjoyable anymore.

I started playing on CC 2.0, then 3.0, then 4.0, then this one guy told be I could get FREE VPOINTS [!!!] if I trained people on the MRP server by joining the MRP Trainee Programme.
And I thought to myself:
FREE VPOINTS [!!!] ? I would love me some FREE VPOINTS [!!!]

So I went to MRP. Joined 17thAR my beloved. Played that, got COL eventually. Went to NHC as they needed people, became the leader of NATO, then left after a couple months (I think, can't remember all that well). Simple as that.

Anyways, went to SCP-RP after, went the research route since I suck at combat (and I didn't find medical all that interesting either. This also begs the question of how I got the highest rank on MRP considering I went negative almost every war, but let's ignore that for now). Eventually got DoR, but was removed recently for entirely valid reasons. Been burnt out for a while, so I'm taking this chance to get the hell out while I still can.

So yeah! I would make a big list of people I enjoyed playing with, but I'm quite bad at remembering names, so I'll instead just name the groups I guess.

The MRP people, when I was there. As mentioned, I was in 17thAR, but interacted with a lot of people regardless. Also, Highlands is so much better than Afghan and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. I always heard people complain about it, and they were all fucking wrong. Anyways, I was already very burnt out by the time I was LTGEN, so I'm fairly certain I didn't make that much of a change on NATO, but I had the role regardless. Heard it's going much better now, even Hersh is back (as GRM, which they re-added after I left, kinda salty about that but okay).

As for on SCP-RP, I primarily played Research, but also dabbled in O-1 and IA. I can't say I have a lot of things to my name, but one achievement I can think of off the top of my head would be getting a fucking stupid crosstest approved (the guy who approved it knows who he is). Unfortunately, I didn't get to organize it with a GM quick enough before they realized their mistake, so I didn't get a chance to do it. 1984.

That's it. Maybe you'll see me every now and then, but I doubt it. Bye bye!

- NHC GEN (that was the highest rank at that time I'll have everyone know) Welding Olsen
- DoR James Overscott

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
o7 bless the times we managed to do a 008 test without a C1/5 interrupting us

Corz "Crusader"

Sep 25, 2022
<Denied>
You are currently not deemed fit yet for the role of Leaving
Feel free to apply again in 2 weeks

[o7]