When Ci update

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Only if CI RP
okay im going to actually answer your question how would CI RP?

tell me

The entire ci gameloop is raiding do you think CI command will have a functioning regiment if CI never raids and exclusively sits on surface all day there is quite literally no way for CI to rp if you do find a good way that CI could engage in some RP with the foundation bring it the COM/LTCOM

remember CIs enemys are literally the foundation your not exactly gonna be chatting

Broda

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2022
okay im going to actually answer your question how would CI RP?

tell me

The entire ci gameloop is raiding do you think CI command will have a functioning regiment if CI never raids and exclusively sits on surface all day there is quite literally no way for CI to rp if you do find a good way that CI could engage in some RP with the foundation bring it the COM/LTCOM

remember CIs enemys are literally the foundation your not exactly gonna be chatting

Very easy

Whilst your gameplay loop is espionage and disruption for the Foundation, there is little to no effort made in roleplaying out anything by UK CI. You have such untapped espionage rp potential being wasted and should press upon it.

And one final note, Your COM is a GM who should be actively creating events and rp for the faction, which is a major responsibility given to them from SSL.

Sad to say but US CI look a hundred times better for RP than the UK.

More than willing to do events for CI but the minging and RDM at the base needs to stop.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Very easy

Whilst your gameplay loop is espionage and disruption for the Foundation, there is little to no effort made in roleplaying out anything by UK CI. You have such untapped espionage rp potential being wasted and should press upon it.

And one final note, Your COM is a GM who should be actively creating events and rp for the faction, which is a major responsibility given to them from SSL.

More than willing to do events for CI but the minging and RDM at the base needs to stop.
im going to answer each question you have yes our gameplay loop is mainly espionage and attacking foundation personal i do agree there is defintely chances for actually good rp from these actions however the difference between USA CI and UK is massive

USA CI had entirely different command teams infact if you notice most O5/ECMS on USA are former ci and vice versa this means that previous CI COs on the usa are way more easily working with the foundation than any of our Cos

UK ci on the otherhand all our delcoms and about 90% of the active CI in the reg are pure ci mains with almost no foundation positions usually they are dclass mains this culture was brought upon by OLD ci command and has stayed in CI there are very few current Ci mains that had former foundation positions

So most ci mains on UK as a consequence have no idea the harm they are inflicting upon foundation RP such as breaching 3 scps and taking 008 and bum rushing to dblock as far as they are concerned foundation right after its done can go back to normal just like CI can usually

also on the note our Com is a GM and should be creating more RP for the regiment sure that is true but the com is 1 Man while USA CI currently has 1 Senior gamemaster as a LTCOM 1 Trial game master as a DELCOM Super admin as a DELCOM and a member of Server Leadership as its commander

now does this seem a little different from UK CI also to mention all these delcoms and coms with SL positions and SGM positions are all generally former O5/s and gsd captains leading them to have tons of foundation experience along with a fuckton of RP experience and knowledge of the server having 2 Server leadership in your Co team along with 2 gamemasters with high amounts of previous rp experience

Shocker really helps with creating RP UK CI only has 2 Gms which is richard mann and the commander who is a TGM and the Gamemaster of ci our only one is only and a Pure CI main with no foundation positions in the slightest meaning he will have very limited info on how foundation works

Only the com has foundation proper experience along with GM powers as he was a former chief of security however the UK ci reg currently has over 100+ members you cant expect 1 TGM to be able to give a proper rp experience to all

as for the minging and rdm in base Cis entire playerbase is usually filled with people who are good friends with eachother and have extensive warnings history so when they are bored and waiting a 45 minute cooldown they usually do goofy stuff such as running around base and hanging people and rdming eachother however most of this is usually agreed upon by all parties involved both CI are agreeing to it

and most of these CI dont have any serious rp experience and this server is usually there first one

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
you didn't answer the question of "how would CI RP" and just said "you guys take no effort RPing!"

Only the com has foundation proper experience along with GM powers as he was a former chief of security however the UK ci reg currently has over 100+ members you cant expect 1 TGM to be able to give a proper rp experience to all
bro forgot about me 😭

as for CI RP, i'm sure you realise as part of high command that Foundation and CI have never have/had good relations, letalone a common enemy. I've asked for CI-F crosstrainings or events IC, but they will never work in practice or in lore because F and CI are never supposed to help each other.
You can't expect CI to act like GOC and bow down to F high command since they are literally defectors who hated the foundation enough to join an enemy militia. You have to remember (and i'm sure you already know as a GM) that all of CI are pretty much brainwashed under the influence of the Engineer, and obey his every command.
I'm not even going to discuss the countless clips showing how every single MTF regiment in different scenarios always end up bumrushing into a booby-trapped room with like 4 high value targets, or the incessant metagaming from certain MTF regiments recently during raids and deepcovers.

Maybe an update for CI that adds new and unique content will encourage RP between the two factions, but in reality i don't think friendly relations with F will ever happen because it just doesn't make sense for mortal enemies to become friends again

Reactions: Darren

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
I think we can all agree surface needs new content as even Nu-7 are dying out along with DEA. There is nothing substantial to do up there.
i can most certainly agree myself an idea i myself have thought of is Cultists

IE cults that worship scps that attack GOC maybe raid ci base or if properly rped work against all 3 factions on the surface and when a surface anomaly is on the surface they actively work to keep the anomaly free and to wreck havoc as ci and goc wold want to capture the SCP these cultists would attack the CI/F/GOC trying to rc and make attempts to keep the anomaly wild and free

in this sort of sense although extremely rarely there would be on occassions where CI/F work together to attack the cultists IE for example lets say this group has captured an 008 vial and is trying to release it into the wild it might open up the opportunity for the foundaiton and ci to work together

but as of now there is no situation outside of events where foundation will work with ci and vise versa

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
a common enemy of all three factions would be very cool, but four server factions seems like too much and players would be spread too thin- look at the situation in GOC how there's nobody on it for 90% of the week

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
a common enemy of all three factions would be very cool, but four server factions seems like too much and players would be spread too thin- look at the situation in GOC how there's nobody on it for 90% of the week
the reason why gocs numbers are spread so thin is because the requirements to join are outrageous Level 100 plus a very good application most players that join UNGOC already have foundation high positions they main and focus on and have UNGOC as a secondary with CI

its low level only total 30 with combat 10 and the tryout is very easy leading to alot more people playing CI i imagine if this new GOI had lower requirements it could actually be active

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
its low level only total 30 with combat 10 and the tryout is very easy leading to alot more people playing CI i imagine if this new GOI had lower requirements it could actually be active
i guess that's why they're switching to tryouts instead of forum apps

BoltSive

Jun 12, 2022
World Trade Center, New York
Very easy

Bare in mind, US CI is made up of GMs and SL meaning that RP is a standard and, from what i have heard, US CI does worse RP than us