Artist Team
Aug 23, 2022
In-game name: Jason Schlatt
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:173998973
For how long have you played on our servers?: Since August 2022
What country are you from?: USA
Time Zone: EST
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones: This is my first application for Developer

Have you received any bans?: Yes

How confident are you with Blender/Maya/3DSMax (or any other software that applies) (Rate yourself 1-10 using one rating guide): I'm not very good at sculpting in Blender, But I can make pretty good bones for models. If needed, I could learn how to sculpt in Blender. I've never heard of Maya or 3DSMax. (I use SFM for all of the stuff I make ) I'd rate myself a 2/10

Do you have previous experience as an Artist for GMod?: No

Why do you want to be a Artist? What can you help us with?: I would like to make Promo Art and other stuff for the server. Things like posters to put around the map, or teaser images to build some hype for future updates.

Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? Have you made & edited any models before? If so attach some images showcasing your model or edit: I play on the Civil Networks SCP-RP Server (Both US and UK, but more on US). I don't have any experience with making maps for GMod, so I don't believe I would be able to help with anything like that. I have not created any models, nor edited any models.

List any ideas of new models or edits for CN that you would like to work on: I could do something cool with the Announcement Images for the new GENSEC models. 2 Images, 1 of them all in a room, maybe 2 of them sitting on a bench having a conversation. The others could be getting ready for their duties as GENSEC Staff, like getting weapons and ammo loaded up and ready for work. (I could make an example of what I mean with the current E-11 models if asked)

How confident are you with QC? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): 1/10 Never used QC but I can learn it if needed.

Do you have any experience with Crowbar?: I have used Crowbar to get models for PAC3, Not really anything else besides that.

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?: Anywhere from 4 - 18 Hours a week

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?: I want to become a developer to get better with different types of software, and to make my SFM skills better. I could learn animation later on for trailers and such things like that.

I've attached my personal favorite things I've made in SFM to this post.
(I'm not the best at making these application things, sorry if it's a bit short)
CN22415thingy-min.jpgchaosNL-min.jpgcommandere11-min.jpg
-Side note, I made all of these images in under an hour.
-Another Side note, I've been asked to show more stuff I did so here are some links (The forums are being stinky and not letting me put them here on their own, that's why I have to use links)

These 3 were made for the announcement Image for SCP-22415

I personally don't like how this one turned out, The model didn't have the bones I needed for what I had in mind so I had to change it up.
https://i.imgur.com/QNqtKqq.jpeg

Last edited:

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
+/- Support

I would like to see some more work that goes beyond just SFM, such as graphics work to complete posters rather than having to offload a SFM artwork to have graphics work done seperately.

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
+/- Support

I like the poses and positions of the subjects in these images and the shadows you have created feels natural and look great.

However to myself the lighting in your images looks quite shallow and bright in certain areas. With time I am sure that could be fixed and I can switch this to a + Support!

Have a good day!

Zystro

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
Aug 23, 2022
+/- Support

I like the poses and positions of the subjects in these images and the shadows you have created feels natural and look great.

However to myself the lighting in your images looks quite shallow and bright in certain areas. With time I am sure that could be fixed and I can switch this to a + Support!

Have a good day!
I can see that. When I work on stuff I usually work as quick as I can, that is why the lighting can look a bit meh. When I take my time on something, it usually comes out looking better, lighting, poses, camera angles. thx for the feedback!!

Status
Not open for further replies.