Denied D-Class Riot System Rework

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reworking of the D-Class Riot System

Currently a lot of roleplay leaders are frustrated with the current state of the riot system recently added. The system seems to be heavily weighted in favour of D-Class and as such ruin the experience of the few people who choose to mainly play GENSEC. Before the riot system, D-Class could already regularly and easily access decent weapons and kill for higher tier weapons and cards. They were able to door fault doors, hold the outer D-Block area for an hour, and generally be a nuisance during breaches or raids. While this was annoying to combat, these were exceptional cases that felt special both as D-Class or as GENSEC. However, with some of the recent changes, the power has shifted completely into the D-Class's hands. Easy access to assault rifles, PDWs, magnums, and keycards at a massively reduced scrap while GENSEC's only benefit is they spawn with a sub-par SMG is frankly absurd.

Reworking the Riot System to claw back some of the scrap reductions, weapon additions, etc would help immensely with allowing GENSEC to have a more fair fight would massively improve their experience on the server.

I'm not great at giving exact values for suggestions but some examples would be:
Remove CL2 scrap cost reduction (Change from 200 > 500 during riots). They already can kill people more easily for cards, you don't need to make it easier for them to get out. Let them kill people and earn their freedom.
Remove sticky grenades from the shop or make them more expensive. Cadets would be the only ones to be one-shot by sticky grenades, everyone else has enough armor to tank it so they can get to a medic. This item specifically targets the newer players on the server and makes their experience worse.
Removal of the upcoming scrap cost reductions. It is already easy for people to gather large quantities of scrap (I have close to ~21k and I barely play D-class), a .44 magnum which is an incredibly effective weapon should not be 120 scrap.

This section may be update with more ideas but at the current moment this is what I've come up with. I'm worried about the upcoming changes to allow D-Class to spawn with armor during the riots effectively making them deal with people with 100/50, 250/50, and 150/50 on spawn.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
While it was discussed and changes were suggested informally, no forum suggestions were made to my knowledge.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Improve new player experience when playing GENSEC
Decrease some of the overall havoc of the site to allow for proper roleplay to be conducted
Shift some of the balance back so personnel are fighting prisoners with weapons rather than effectively CI 2: Electric Boogaloo

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Make D-Class underpowered and not viable if balance changes are not done right
Worsen new player experience when playing D-Class (it's pretty fun for a new player to be able to easily access weapons and shoot whoever they'd like during a riot.)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

The new player experience is actively be hampered by the shift in balance in favour of D-Class and disrupts the roleplay initiated by roleplay leaders. While I play SCP-RP for the combat (hence why I'm the Dep. Director a combative department), many of my fellow RP leaders are frustrated with the amount of chaos on the site actively disrupting any plans they had for roleplay involving other personnel like medical. We already have to deal with CI and automated SCP breaches that disrupt roleplay but making riots apart of that ecosystem would just give no time for anything to happen. The few players that dedicate their time on GENSEC and mainly play GENSEC roles, their experiences are being worsened by changes like these and I don't want GENSEC to go into hiding because their CL1-CL3 personnel get frustrated while dealing with D-Class who out-gun, out-run, and even have higher clearance cards then they do.

While I understand some players may not be supportive of this change citing reworking/nerfs would result in a system that is seldom used which I don't disagree with, if proper testing and feedback is done a proper system that is fair for both sides can be made.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
(Why does DEA handle any of these things)
The site going to shit is just the site going to shit. That's what ERT exists for. ERT can pretty easily destroy every D-Class they encounter and take control back of any zone. The only exceptions are really god awful breaches with good SCP players + raids, or an 008 breach. I just dont think nerfing D-Class again when they rarely even get the chance to escape D-Block is the right solution.
ERT doesn't come instantly most the time they come at the end of a breach and its fail rp to send ERT to D-Block as they have to deal with the breach.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
idk about the US server, but from what I’ve seen riots aren’t that bad on the UK now that its calmed down since release.

Last edited:

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
I still play US pretty regularly now, almost every day as E-11 or CI.

Why does GOC hate us so much
Also I think I was there for that, every single combative on the server focused solely on the D-Class and never helped us (E-11) in HCZ so they all broke each other out and B-Lined to d block then surface lol.

Hi Emilia. Still an American, hoo-ah.

(Why does DEA handle any of these things)
The site going to shit is just the site going to shit. That's what ERT exists for. ERT can pretty easily destroy every D-Class they encounter and take control back of any zone. The only exceptions are really god awful breaches with good SCP players + raids, or an 008 breach. I just dont think nerfing D-Class again when they rarely even get the chance to escape D-Block is the right solution.
Bud it's all but Failrp for ERT to combat anything other than SCPs, hell. People still get pissy if they fight GOIs so I can't even imagine the world of which would occur if they were called for Dclass

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
it is? also idk how this corelates to d block riots
If you Look then you'll see Frostbyte quoted this:

This is what caused my comment of it being Failrp for ERT to handle Dblock

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
-Support
I would +support if the riots happened more often but they are kinda rare and bring a ton of fun combat for both GSD and D Class

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

This is a US issue, lack of GSD, MTF that actually care to help when a riot does occur. Lack of systems in place to counteract riots.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
-Support
I would +support if the riots happened more often but they are kinda rare and bring a ton of fun combat for both GSD and D Class

Yeah I also think the riots are more annoying for D-Class because it basically becomes a Mass Term for us and in addition when the riot ends and they sweep it's another 20 minutes of being killed for the smallest things. The riots basically give free combat XP for both sides.

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Shark,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because D-Block Riots are too infrequent and do not last too long to warrant a rework.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.