Denied GOC UPDATE

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
This could possible add three main changes to the UNGOC GOI on each server,
1-Increase the cap in players inside of the UNGOC since in lore they are as big as the foundation and due to the fact that they can only have 58 players make it so that the UNGOC can't go into war without having the full might on due to the fact that both the Foundation and CI have nearly triple what the UNGOC has which makes war (without chems) almost impossible

2-Update the UNGOC base by either adding onto the existing base OR a whole new base which could help the UNGOC gain more power or at least have the UNGOC have an update which they have not had for at least a few years

3-Give the UNGOC updates to either the Tac tablet by giving them either 1-A new form of air support such as a new type of airstrike to help or increase the damage on the 1000LB bomb to help fight KTE's, Or update some of the UNGOC jobs such as the Thaum by turning them into a Type-Blue like the D-class Type-Blue or the CI Type-Blue which would make sense since now the UNGOC thaum is fully combative or give the UNGOC more jobs which would help the UNGOC be either more combative or help them protect pinewood which is what their main job is, Or increase the UNGOC already existing jobs such as the Strike team by increase the stats of it with armor or more HP for an example Armor;150 HP:150 which would be a pretty small change but would still help.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I don't think so but maybe

Possible Positives of suggestion?

1-The UNGOC gains the ability to go to war without using chems or having to have a lot of GOC on to fully fight a war without getting easily be beat by the Foundation or CI
2-Gives the UNGOC a real military force that they can use to not easily be forced into doing whatever the CI or Foundation want to force them into doing which would hurt the GOC as a whole

Possible Negatives of the suggestion?

1-The UNGOC becomes too powerful and makes it so that they will always be at war with each of the GOI's
2-other GOI's complain about the GOC being too strong

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?

I feel like the GOC needs an update since as they are (at the moment) the weakest GOI due to the fact that they have less people then both of the other GOI's which makes it so that the GOI can't barely fight wars without using chems which is pretty much the only option for the GOC to try and fight a war. They need an update since as it stands the GOC is the least updated GOI, They have the smallest base by FAR, They have the least players out of any of the MTF's (Except A1 and O1),Besides the KBAR they have some of the weakest guns compared to CI or any of the MTF's. As it stands, the GOC is a weak faction which NEED's some sort of update to improve it

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
on the UK GOC can easily go to war against foundation - even with its player cap
the thing is, player cap in UK GOC is soft, determined internally iirc - OP is saying that SL are enforcing a hardcap on US GOC for some reason

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
the thing is, player cap in UK GOC is soft, determined internally iirc - OP is saying that SL are enforcing a hardcap on US GOC for some reason
still a player cap - even if it’s not mandatory it still exists

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
still a player cap - even if it’s not mandatory it still exists
i feel like you're missing the point.
a cap enforced by regimental leadership is enforced by regimental leadership.
a cap enforced by SL is a cap enforced by SL.
vastly different

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
i feel like you're missing the point.
a cap enforced by regimental leadership is enforced by regimental leadership.
a cap enforced by SL is a cap enforced by SL.
vastly different
I heard player cap and I heard enforced.
Works out for me

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
-support

UNGOC minor faction, don't need server pop split between people editing their PAC3 on UNGOC and people playing Foundation

Reactions: Ogre

Boris Johnson

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
-Support

GOC is already strong, just get more people, that's what i agree with.

Aura_

Jul 3, 2022
Counter offer!

- all what you said~

Instead, finally give GOC their blue helmets signifying they are, in fact, a UN subgroup.
Not the what the current fit is which basically looks like Marine Jaegers from several nordic countries' special forces. Or at least save it for the higher ranked/ specific purpose goc classes

Retiredintheheadx3

Feb 10, 2023
Which server are you speaking of? US or UK
US. I regularly see 5-10+ people on everytime i got on with especially some Supers+ doing whatever with GOC. Recent breaches to surface confirm this with me having to fight Requis on Orange suit like twice i think now

for 1, on the UK GOC can easily go to war against foundation - even with its player cap
for 2 it wont happen
for 3 you already have the best stuff in the game and you aren’t a combative faction.

-Support
UK and US are different, SL+ and previous GOC Command just hated doing anything combative and would just actively sit inside base during conflicts. Baffles me how you can be armed to the teeth and then flub it super hard

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-support I don't think I ever see goc drop below like 5 people on US, constantly outnumber ci, 250 ppl in goc is insane to ask for

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
-Support
not needed since the majority of the server is focused on foundation RP and a cap of 50 is fine considering how active they all are, Although I do think a UNGOC base update would be really cool especially if the GOC had a more advantagous spot on surface

Reactions: KaptianCore

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
Yeah I checked and GOC is hard capped at 50, while E11 has 60. I can't speak for Nu7 but I'm assuming it's also above 50

Makes no sense that GOC is hard capped to 50 whatsoever

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Pretty sure the GOC hardcap is the same as, if not lower than, multiple MTF regiments
Yeah I checked and GOC is hard capped at 50, while E11 has 60. I can't speak for Nu7 but I'm assuming it's also above 50

Makes no sense that GOC is hard capped to 50 whatsoever
ok but the difference between a hardcap imposed by SL and a softcap decided by regimental leadership is that regimental leadership can just change if it needs changing.

a hardcap you have to go to SL and discuss with them about it. it's a world of difference when it comes to changing something like that. i have enough trouble as is trying to get UK E-11 leadership to increase our cap :skull:

Status
Not open for further replies.