Denied GOC UPDATE

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove
This could possible add three main changes to the UNGOC GOI on each server,
1-Increase the cap in players inside of the UNGOC since in lore they are as big as the foundation and due to the fact that they can only have 58 players make it so that the UNGOC can't go into war without having the full might on due to the fact that both the Foundation and CI have nearly triple what the UNGOC has which makes war (without chems) almost impossible

2-Update the UNGOC base by either adding onto the existing base OR a whole new base which could help the UNGOC gain more power or at least have the UNGOC have an update which they have not had for at least a few years

3-Give the UNGOC updates to either the Tac tablet by giving them either 1-A new form of air support such as a new type of airstrike to help or increase the damage on the 1000LB bomb to help fight KTE's, Or update some of the UNGOC jobs such as the Thaum by turning them into a Type-Blue like the D-class Type-Blue or the CI Type-Blue which would make sense since now the UNGOC thaum is fully combative or give the UNGOC more jobs which would help the UNGOC be either more combative or help them protect pinewood which is what their main job is, Or increase the UNGOC already existing jobs such as the Strike team by increase the stats of it with armor or more HP for an example Armor;150 HP:150 which would be a pretty small change but would still help.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I don't think so but maybe

Possible Positives of suggestion?

1-The UNGOC gains the ability to go to war without using chems or having to have a lot of GOC on to fully fight a war without getting easily be beat by the Foundation or CI
2-Gives the UNGOC a real military force that they can use to not easily be forced into doing whatever the CI or Foundation want to force them into doing which would hurt the GOC as a whole

Possible Negatives of the suggestion?

1-The UNGOC becomes too powerful and makes it so that they will always be at war with each of the GOI's
2-other GOI's complain about the GOC being too strong

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?

I feel like the GOC needs an update since as they are (at the moment) the weakest GOI due to the fact that they have less people then both of the other GOI's which makes it so that the GOI can't barely fight wars without using chems which is pretty much the only option for the GOC to try and fight a war. They need an update since as it stands the GOC is the least updated GOI, They have the smallest base by FAR, They have the least players out of any of the MTF's (Except A1 and O1),Besides the KBAR they have some of the weakest guns compared to CI or any of the MTF's. As it stands, the GOC is a weak faction which NEED's some sort of update to improve it

Fangslyaer

Jun 14, 2022
1- + Support WE NEED MORE HELLDIVER'S.
2-+Major Support The UNGOC base is ass and even just a genaral update to it would be great.
3-+Support For HP boost (We are almost always outnumbered aginst CI/SOP and UNGOC WHITE suits should be able to withstand 50. in lore so a HP boost would make sense in RP).

Last edited:

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
ok but the difference between a hardcap imposed by SL and a softcap decided by regimental leadership is that regimental leadership can just change if it needs changing.

a hardcap you have to go to SL and discuss with them about it. it's a world of difference when it comes to changing something like that. i have enough trouble as is trying to get UK E-11 leadership to increase our cap :skull:
GOC being Hard capped to 50 and being simultaneously told we are a minor regiment so updates for us are unimportant goes hard fr fr

Judge

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 10, 2022
Unless Freeze or Ventz wants to update the GOC base, it's not happening anytime soon.

The GOC was only introduced December 2022, so like, just over a year ago, base is new enough.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Dusk.

Sep 25, 2023
I think that a new base wouldn't hurt but I feel as if the other stuff is unnecessary.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
This seems to just be a USA issue

On USA, I'll be blunt, GOC is not good at combat. They got rolled by Rangers three times in a row the other week with like 6 people, and during the CI vs GOC war, they were killed over 50 times and kidnapped atleast twice even when they had the same or more numbers than CI. GOC has superior weapons, a thaum job with no global cooldown, and airstrikes unique to just them. If youre not able to win any fights with that, you should look internally and not have high command who try to initiate fights until then.

I think both CI and GOC could use a better base though

- Support (except for the base)

Reactions: Niox

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
Suggestion denied
Reason:U r smelly GOC

+Support
I feel overall both GOI just seem so bland, especially GOC. I feel like Surface is a massive missed out RP area. The only RP is sitting up there waiting for a raid or fighting mingy rangers/mayor.

This has overall made it to the point NU7 and DEA are almost indistinguishable from one another, and GOC have slowly gone from "Protect civilian life" to "Ah fuck em. Call in a bomb."

If we slowly but surely get surface improvements we could really see some life come to all 4 of the forces involved.

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Aura ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
  1. The player cap of UNGOC is a balancing factor and as such, changing the player cap would demand changes in other areas of the faction such as weaponry, progression and resources. At this time we believe the cap is appropriate.​
  2. Extending the UNGOC base would demand those extensions have purpose and not be sparsely populated areas of little use to the faction itself. Taking into consideration that there is a limited space on the map as a whole which can be used in further map updates across the server as a whole we welcome more specific requests in terms of what people would like added to the UNGOC base but a general expansion will be denied at this time.​
  3. Again, we believe that adjusting so many of these factors at once in the positive direction would upset server balance drastically. In regards to adding more jobs, again we are open to specific requests with fair justifications which have a different function or gameplay loop to existing jobs in UNGOC.​

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.