Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

A rework of how the SCRAMBLE goggles currently work

Currently:​

At the moment SCRAMBLEs work as a simple overlay on the screen which makes you immune to Cognitohazzards (as you can spot them and look away with 0 effect) and as a way to detect 914 users via the hume count. There is a ruling which require a reason to wear SCRAMBLEs however this is not enforced, in lore and RP not everyone would wear SCRAMBLEs 24/7 as some members currently do.
You are also unable to take SCRAMBLEs off unless you put on Night vision instead.

So I propose this change:​

> SCRAMBLEs can now be taken off, be it via command, SWEP, keypress, whatever method the Devs and content team decide works best

>SCRAMBLEs obscure the screen, such as a goggle effect that limits FOV. This is to encourage taking them off in a realistic sense as no one wants to keep vision limiting goggles on unless needed.

>> Adding on to this, they could also have a limited battery life, e.g. 30mins before they are unequipped forcefully due to loss of power. However this may serve as an annoyance but would help combat people keeping SCRAMBLEs on them at all times.

>A more visual model for SCRAMBLEs are added to show if someone has them on, like how the gas mask model works

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I can only find two suggestions related to scrambles, neither change them like this.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

> More realistic SCRAMBLE usage compared to current standards
> The ability to take off SCRAMBLEs
> 914 users aren't called out by random people who have SCRAMBLEs on for no reason, giving them a fairer chance to successfully blend in
> The "rule" about SCRAMBLE usage can be much more easily enforced or moved fully IC as SCRAMBLE usage is now visible and can be classed as Misuse
>096 breaches can occur easier, this is due to SCRAMBLE users finding his picture and destroying it, when at the time they'd have no reason to wear SCRAMBLEs.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

>Harder combat while wearing SCRAMBLEs due to the vision effect suggested above
>A battery life may require E-11 to constantly go to an armoury to get more SCRAMBLEs once theirs dies
>May be harder to detect 914 users
>More 096 breaches.
>And of course, this may require decent development time. As I'm unsure if a similar system exists.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe this suggestion should be accepted to allow for more realistic SCRAMBLE usage. As in no SCP site would staff wear scrambles 24/7 and experience no discomfort. And I believe it would make SCRAMBLEs more balanced, especially for 096 players.

Reactions: Rushi

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

Prplex

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
096 breaches need to be buffed ngl
Also would be nice to give scrambles a bit of use outside of just 096 breaches

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
The only pain I could see would be the possibility of some minge running around with a 096 Image attempting to kill dozens of CL3-4 people. But other than that. Great. Especially the unequipping scrambles.

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023

+/- Support

Some parts of the suggestion I don’t agree with but for the most part it seems cool

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
allow them to be toggled like nvg and add a grey glitchy limited fov overlay and make the redacted box a black box for clarity

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
"and as a way to detect 914 users via the hume count." It's FailRP to call people out for disguises with scrambles
Never have I heard that before.

SCRAMBLEs detect hume levels, and 914 adjusts hume levels.
Why would it be FailRP to call out someone with odd humes? The hume level exists in RP and can be detected.

The only FailRP relation I've seen is people wearing SCRAMBLEs for no reason and using that to call people out.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
"and as a way to detect 914 users via the hume count." It's FailRP to call people out for disguises with scrambles
if its failRP then why tf is it a feature of scrambles? I think its pretty obvious if 096 is up in your face ngl

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
dunno just know SL said it's failrp to do so to detect fakes from 914
only if you don't have a valid reason to wear scrambles

if you have a valid reason to wear scrambles (i.e. 096 breach) you can use all info

Status
Not open for further replies.