Denied Make rulings about Code 1s being active after no intruders have been spotted for a while.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Makes a rule (or adds a clarification rule) about the length of time a Code 1 (Intruder Alert) can remain on after a raid/intruder has initial been called out (or after a 914 has been called out set to 1:1) - I'd recommend a period of like 5 minutes although I'm unsure how good that would be.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
As far as I'm aware no, although it more than likely has (as I don't think the suggestion is very complex).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allow people who are deeply undercover to remain that way, and not have to be ID checked a bunch of time after the Code 1 should've been stopped
- Means that a almost permanent code 1 can't be in effect, which would allow people to randomly ID/Kant check people without reason, which is just annoying
- Doesn't allow people to use 1 sighting of a intruder as a reason to sweep everyone for disguises/IDs (e.g using the fact that a Parawatch has sneaked in to call a Code 1 to then check others)
- Can allow for some more disguised RP without being quickly caught
- May reduce meta gaming to catch disguised people, as people would no longer have a reason to "randomly" ID check.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Would strengthen people who are deep covers / disguised people
- May be hard for staff (or players) to know specifically when this rule is being broken.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I simply believe that adding a rule like this would make it more fun, the amount of times I've been found out as a disguised person because of a prolonged C1 (which wasn't about me in the first place) has probably been more than the amount of times I was found out because of my own mistakes. It would also reduce the situations where disguised people are being found out for Code 1s / ID checks for things that weren't their fault. I also think this change would value long term sneakier disguised people rather than "disguised just to cause chaos" people because they would be refreshing the Code 1 situation whilst a person who is more so RPing out their disguise/using it for information wouldn't be.

Last edited:

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
IC issue
-Support
I'm not 100% sure how this could be solved IC, because no one is really to blame for keeping it on for too long. I mean I could see it being an IC issue but if so it's an unsolveable one imo.

this looks like a cope suggestion

You got damn right it is (kinda - getting caught because the Code 1 has been on for 20 mins after CI raid finished was annoying).

this feels impossible and highly unreasonable to enforce

Honestly you're probably right, although I think having more rulings about it would allow people to be able to get refunds for being caught in weird situations where they probably shouldn't have been caught without a long C1 on.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-Support
Deepcover is already a strong job, this would allow people to hide in a broom closet for 5 minutes and then go about the site un able to be ID checked until it is established again that there is an intruder. As stated above and the fact it seems really stupid a top secret facility would spend all of 5 minutes looking before going ah shucks guess we'll never know

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-Support
  • Completely unenforceable
  • While from your perspective, C1s may last ages after "X happened", at times that's just because something else also happened afterwards before it could get turned off
  • What about when announcements are down?
  • Do you want us to be like Oblivion guards or something? You hide for a few minutes, but even though we knew a DC was on site and hasn't been caught yet, we just go "must have been the wind" and stop looking

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
- Support
someone got found as dc

Honestly I wouldn't be as annoyed if I were a DC (because then at least the Code 1 called would've been about me originally), but I actually got found as a 914'd person separate from the CI raid which started the C1.

-Support
  • Completely unenforceable
  • While from your perspective, C1s may last ages after "X happened", at times that's just because something else also happened afterwards before it could get turned off
  • What about when announcements are down?
  • Do you want us to be like Oblivion guards or something? You hide for a few minutes, but even though we knew a DC was on site and hasn't been caught yet, we just go "must have been the wind" and stop looking

Honestly I still hold my point, but all of your points here are very valid and do make me reconsider if there is a different solution for the problem I have.

As for the Oblivion line, although I don't want people to act like this I would find it at least semi-valid to do so if the situation that caused the C1 has been dealt with, maybe my entire point shouldn't be about a length of time but rather once the situation that caused the C1 has ended (E.g all CI being killed during a raid, or the DCs being called out as dead).

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
-Support

This is like uber silly just hide during code 1s or smth cuh

Betriv

Jul 5, 2022
I'm not 100% sure how this could be solved IC, because no one is really to blame for keeping it on for too long. I mean I could see it being an IC issue but if so it's an unsolveable one imo.
ok then how is it supposed to be solved out of character if you cant solve it in character because no one is to blame

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
ok then how is it supposed to be solved out of character if you cant solve it in character because no one is to blame

To me it's more about the accessibility for refunds, and not necessarily about punishments being handed out. I've personally already seen people hand out staff refunds for this kinda stuff, and also people being told they can't be refunded for it - I think a more specific ruling would just generally be better.

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hello,

Our superadmin team has decided to deny this suggestion, however this is an issue that can be solved via RP leadership decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.