Denied 096 Picture - Remove (Or Alter) D-Block As A Spawn Location

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Among the myriad locations in which 096's picture can spawn, one of them is in inner D-Block. The suggestion aims to remove this location if possible - If not, then at least move it to outer D-Block, where all the GenSec are; Like to the open area just inside the door and before the airlock, where the phone is.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Searches turn up nothing since you can't reliably search 'D-Block' or '096' as terms - But from what I could find, nothing like this seems to have been suggested before.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • No more (Or at most, reduced) 096 breaches where 096 has to be forced into near-constantly spawnkilling D-Class (despite best efforts to try and get rid of only the initial marked targets when I end up having to go into D-Block as 096) since they don't understand the mechanic and constantly minge/complain AND no more(or at most, reduced) instances of D-Block 096 breaches where D-Class constantly juke 096 via vents (because no-one seems to know how to use lockdown), improving overall breach experience for 096. I swear, every time I end up needing to go to D-Block as 096, I go in, get the targets, then when and where it's safe, check for any more and there's somehow still targets in D-Block. I cannot possibly overstate how much I hate having to go to D-Block as 096 (Please, please please give 096 more tools to check targets and target locs, PLEASE).
  • Improved D-Class experience server health-wise, since they're less likely to be dealing with being killed by 096 and the increased security of D-Block (or at least, that it should have) when 096 is inside it.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • D-Class don't get to use the chaos of 096 being in D-Block to try and do stuff (Although if the spawn location is moved to outer D-Block as mentioned , then D-Class are advantaged and instead it's GenSec that get the short end of the stick - But they have access to comms and are able to communicate the breach to the rest of site, so).

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This is a minor but general server health and 096 breach experience improvement. As a frequent 096 player, I loathe having to deal with targets in D-Block. Please please please please please don't make me go to D-Block as 096 ever again. I'm begging you.

Last edited:

Vizara

Nov 3, 2022
This is a minor but general server health and 096 breach experience improvement. As a frequent 096 player, I loathe having to deal with targets in D-Block. Please please please please please don't make me go to D-Block as 096 ever again. I'm begging you.
As a fellow 096 player, this statement is cap.

-support. 096 gets RCed so easily and the only way that a breach lasts more than 30 seconds is if the picture is near D block. The issue with D class running into the vents is annoying but not a factor if GenSec do their job and activate lockdown when the picture is identified.

• Haha
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
-Support

This issue rarely comes up. It's a fun thing for DClass to do if they get lucky. Let em keep it

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
096 gets RCed so easily and the only way that a breach lasts more than 30 seconds is if the picture is near D block. The issue with D class running into the vents is annoying but not a factor if GenSec do their job and activate lockdown when the picture is identified.
This is not congruent with reality in the slightest - I have had several D-Block breaches and maybe only one or two of them have they actually used lockdown correctly. Other times, I'm just left with being stuck with mingy D-Class. Sure, if an 096 player enjoys the mind-numbing, tortuous affair that is having to clear every D-Class target while they're screwing around in vents (and the only way to get back down from going through vents is through a door you can't break, so you need to wait for it to be opened/be tp'd through it if no-one actually shows it, both of which options take tens of minutes to get done) or deliberately getting you into their spawn while yelling about how they're not looking at you because they clearly don't understand the mechanic, which then leads to them calling spawnkilling sits because again, they don't understand 096's mechanics. Which is understandable for new players and D-Class in general, but incredibly annoying to keep having to deal with over and over and over. And of course, D-Block is always a perfect opportunity to get bucketed because of the hold-up when it comes to either getting into D-Block, or dealing with the mingy D-Class in there.

When I breach 096, I don't tend to want to breach 'long', I want to breach 'far'. I want to do the funny with GOC and CI. That's always fun. D-Class are just no fun at all. On that topic -
This issue rarely comes up. It's a fun thing for DClass to do if they get lucky. Let em keep it
I find it common enough to be a concern and I highly doubt that it's fun for the D-Class who don't know what they doing, to be repeatedly killed by 096 because they keep seeing its face.

I feel like there's a clear failure to understand the problem here. on everyone's part

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Geldo Daimif ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

SCP-096 is a rather easy SCP to contain on its own having one of Its photo spawn points in a highly populated area removed will just make breaches less interesting for the player on SCP-096. It is also only one of many spawn points.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.