Accepted 1st AL and 17th Mine layer job, to replace Autoriflemen

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This makes it so that autoriflemen gets replaced by a mine layer job.
Autoriflemen is disliked across both armoured regiments, by it simply being nearly useless. LMGs are either too OP or too weak, and have no real purpose in the server until an actual suppressive fire system is added, which would take considerable dev time, and in the meantime this new job would add new gameplay dynamics for both regiments to play around.

Me, 17th MAJ Alpha and others in the regiment and other positions have been thinking this out, and we found the following changes relatively appropriate and balanced:

Autoriflemen replaced by Mine Layer.

Mine Layer:

Light infantry job, who is tasked with scouting and setting mines where enemies wont suspect.
Main Weapon:
MP7 for 17th, PP-Bizon or AK-74u for 1stAL. (Equal stats for both guns that get chosen)
New addition:
3x Anti-Tank mine, each doing a total of 3000 damage, so that even if you are hit by 3, you will not lose the tank, however you will most likely be forced to RTB for repairs.
Other:
Reduced armor to 0, everything else is the same, except the Shield, which I'll leave some suggestions for below.

This was thought out because laying mines is something that happens in war, would be a decent fit for RP, but especially would force armored regiments to think outside the box, change the way they transverse the terrain towards objectives, kind of opening new ways of engaging enemies and each other.

Regarding the heavy shield, I believe it would be fit to give it to the new "Combat Support" job, which is also a level 10 job, and/or to CO/SNCO jobs.

Mine laying is something that exists in Squad, which I find the server highly influenced by, allowing you to not only lay the mines, but also conceal them using your shovel, albeit noticeable.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. Reworks a highly disliked and not very useful job into an extremely interesting and useful one.
2. New gameplay dynamic for armoured regiments, opening up the possibility for when flanking units are spotted, to create a real sense of danger that would aid in the immersion of the war.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Bugs that may come with the addition of this system, possibly ways to abuse the mine, ie, placing them on vehicles to ram enemies.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Armoured regiment players have been wanting to change the Autoriflemen job for a while now, and I feel like this would be a healthy change that would benefit the combat usefulness of said regiments.

Most of the changes and reasoning have been stated above, this suggested change reworks the job into something new, fun and useful.
We tried thinking of everything taking into consideration what is already on the server (the guns for example), and we'd like to keep it as simple as possible.
The people this was discussed with, including members of 1stAL and 17th, and others, would like to see this change in order to add more to the gameplay "loop" of the server, and any feedback added to this post would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+support Massive
This is actual a amazing suggestion, not only it would fix a issue, it would add a new interesting job, only thing, 9k damage, idk how health works, but it would kill most tanks engines? Since most of them have 10k (Exception of T14, T72, T90), it would also kill HQs in 2 Shots (1 shot leaving them at 800)
Only downside I see with this, is if it works same as Prox mine, which can be detonated by a player, and dealing 0 damage, or minimal damage
If a solution is found, then this job would be perfect for both regiments ngl, also don't think 17th or 1st having Autorifleman makes that much sense? A job more specific for their regiment, that could have a LMG too? would work better than autorifleman itself)

Reactions: Toni

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
+support

I have been in agreeance that INF or ARMOUR regs should have mines for so long.

• Love

parker

Sep 24, 2022
-support I think for gmod it would be really buggy, and easy to abuse, for example they could probably places mines ontop each other

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
Neutral

-support on giving snco/co's the shield mainly becaus that is more something for aor to have shields and not for a vechile reg. every reg gets their breaching shield in the mg job exept aor becaus we have to breach/bunk search. each new combat score job is made to give a diffrent touch and be special so i don't see why giving it a shield would make it special becaus every reg gets one and aor gets them on almost every job once you become nco (this means any type of shield even deployable ) the shields are one of the only specail (equipment) that aor can use during wars.

+support , kinda wanne mine things over but i can see this being abused.

Last edited:

Alpha rest

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 24, 2021
I think this would improve combat in tanks +support them doing 3k damage is good because it will only kill tanks power with 10k half budget tanks you can put them all in one place and have the chac3 of them all blowing up or spread them out and higher chance damageing a tank also the rules would fall under the same rules as the proxy

Last edited:

Toni

May 23, 2022
+support Massive
This is actual a amazing suggestion, not only it would fix a issue, it would add a new interesting job, only thing, 9k damage, idk how health works, but it would kill most tanks engines? Since most of them have 10k (Exception of T14, T72, T90), it would also kill HQs in 2 Shots (1 shot leaving them at 800)
Only downside I see with this, is if it works same as Prox mine, which can be detonated by a player, and dealing 0 damage, or minimal damage
If a solution is found, then this job would be perfect for both regiments ngl, also don't think 17th or 1st having Autorifleman makes that much sense? A job more specific for their regiment, that could have a LMG too? would work better than autorifleman itself)
MBT's would be crippled, not outright disabled. IFV/APCs would likely die if hit by all 3, which I find unlikely to happend.
I left it out of the suggestion but in my personal opinion they would work based on "weight" ie, only work on really heavy vehicles like tanks and certain APC/IFVs, as long as its balanced should work out well.

Reactions: MLGMagicHoodini

Toni

May 23, 2022
Neutral

-support on giving snco/co's the shield mainly becaus that is more something for aor to have shields and not for a vechile reg. every reg gets their breaching shield in the mg job exept aor becaus we have to breach/bunk search. each new combat score job is made to give a diffrent touch and be special so i don't see why giving it a shield would make it special becaus every reg gets one and aor gets them on almost every job once you become nco

+support , kinda wanne mine things over but i can see this being abused.
I agree, I think it would make sense for some 1st/17th jobs to have shields, regular shields though (maybe deployable), not breacher shields, I think breacher shields should be reserved for Infantry/MP and special forces regiments.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
+Support
Finally, after all these years.
I can finally use the "Lay Mines" order!!

miceal

Jul 19, 2022
Suggestion Accepted
Hello @Toni, Your suggestion has been accepted but instead of another job being made it will be added to the current sapper.
Thank you for taking the time to make the suggestion​

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.