A Final Letter For Civil Networks From "Atlas"

John “Atlas” Kent

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 9, 2022
Vietnam
Dear Civil Gamers,

With the deepest sadness, I have to inform you guys that today is my final day in this community. Now I understand that this might cause much confusion, please allow me to tell my journey, and stories during my time here.

Around late 2021, I discovered MRP before joining SCP-RP. When I played MRP, I joined ABT and reached the LCPL rank. However, the moment I discovered SCP-RP, I was kind of addicted to it and focused on this server more. Through time, I made a lot of friends and even enemies, but for some reason, my love for this community was growing bigger every day even though I received a 3-day ban for raiding as a CI-Recruit after joining the server not for long, and that was the goofiest thing that I have done on the server, even till now when I am thinking about it, it still makes me smile. Eventually, I made a staff application and joined the staff team, I have to admit, that I enjoyed my time there, from Nu-7 CPT to A-1 CSG, Overseer Assistant, and participated in the Site-601 map change event. However, it did not last for long.

In the middle of 2022, I had to resign due to some personal issues, if you check my posts, you can see that I made a leaving post. During that time, I was focusing on my mental health, and university to improve myself better because I did not want to affect staff work since being a staff member is about representing a community as a whole. Everything was back on track again, so around early 2023, I made a resignation appeal and joined the staff team again. I got into the Event Team but was removed since I was a little bit inactive, so sorry Jason for letting you down. When I joined the Platform Team, it was a game changer for me and reached Server Leadership, so I want to thank the people who trusted and gave me this opportunity. I also want to add a small apology to some MRP players too, I should have been more active or even filed an LOA, but the damage was done sadly.

Unfortunately, the flame and my passion for Civil Gamers were slowly fading away before I even realized it. Through time, I had no motivation to join the server, but I still managed to assist some staff members and push them to the rank that they desired so I am glad that I did that instead of ignoring them. That was the moment that reality started hitting me hard since I was going to graduate this year, get my diploma, and find a job, and I thought to myself: “I guess it is time to grow up”. Of course, I have been thinking about balancing work and the server, but it was impossible since my time zone is one of the major problems as well. In addition, I want to apologize to some of my colleagues, it was never my intention to cause misunderstandings and incite bad things, I should have explained better instead of murmuring to myself and you guys, I guess people are not perfect at all and we do make mistakes sometimes.

To all the players, even some players who got blacklisted that I have encountered and in even the slightest conversation, you guys made my time here enjoyable a lot and I do not hold a grudge against you or anything. 2000 hours on the server is not quite a large number when compared to others but I cherish every single moment here so deep down I am very grateful for that. I hope you guys find your time here, of course, some people create rumors, and do bad things, but please do not hamper your chance to have a blast because some people will love, respect, and assist you. Also, if I acted too strict or you believe that the way I did my work as a Server Leadership member was unfair then I apologize in advance.

To the staff team, I wish nothing but the best, thank you for accepting me, especially since our team is the most professional one when compared to other servers. Remember to continue your work and maintain the server’s reputation, and a small note for my supervisees, I am pleased to know that you guys worked hard to improve and got the rank, I am proud of you lads, it is a shame that I will not be able to experience Site-9 with you guys but I will still hear the story about it. Heck, I am an emotional guy, so writing this letter makes me sob a little bit

The letter is a bit long but if you are reading this line, thank you for spending time reading this one.

The Civil Network train will continue to discover new things in the future but for me, this is my stop, it is time to explore different things in life and I guess this is a final goodbye. Now, I am not going to mention everyone because it is a very long list and this letter is for everyone who interacts with me.

This is John “Atlas” Kent, signing off.

Kind regards,

Atlas

P/s: On a less serious note, cya nerds <3

@Sven Sky ( he asked me to put him on this letter )

Sven Sky

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Feb 8, 2022
o7 Atlas may you find your way in this World. Imma give you a proper farewell from the Library as you deserve: "As you turn the page to a new chapter in your life, farewell, fellow Wanderer. May the echoes of the Library's Stories accompany you on your journey, and may your future chapters be as rich and enchanting as the tales you leave behind."

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Dear Civil Gamers,

With the deepest sadness, I have to inform you guys that today is my final day in this community. Now I understand that this might cause much confusion, please allow me to tell my journey, and stories during my time here.

Around late 2021, I discovered MRP before joining SCP-RP. When I played MRP, I joined ABT and reached the LCPL rank. However, the moment I discovered SCP-RP, I was kind of addicted to it and focused on this server more. Through time, I made a lot of friends and even enemies, but for some reason, my love for this community was growing bigger every day even though I received a 3-day ban for raiding as a CI-Recruit after joining the server not for long, and that was the goofiest thing that I have done on the server, even till now when I am thinking about it, it still makes me smile. Eventually, I made a staff application and joined the staff team, I have to admit, that I enjoyed my time there, from Nu-7 CPT to A-1 CSG, Overseer Assistant, and participated in the Site-601 map change event. However, it did not last for long.

In the middle of 2022, I had to resign due to some personal issues, if you check my posts, you can see that I made a leaving post. During that time, I was focusing on my mental health, and university to improve myself better because I did not want to affect staff work since being a staff member is about representing a community as a whole. Everything was back on track again, so around early 2023, I made a resignation appeal and joined the staff team again. I got into the Event Team but was removed since I was a little bit inactive, so sorry Jason for letting you down. When I joined the Platform Team, it was a game changer for me and reached Server Leadership, so I want to thank the people who trusted and gave me this opportunity. I also want to add a small apology to some MRP players too, I should have been more active or even filed an LOA, but the damage was done sadly.

Unfortunately, the flame and my passion for Civil Gamers were slowly fading away before I even realized it. Through time, I had no motivation to join the server, but I still managed to assist some staff members and push them to the rank that they desired so I am glad that I did that instead of ignoring them. That was the moment that reality started hitting me hard since I was going to graduate this year, get my diploma, and find a job, and I thought to myself: “I guess it is time to grow up”. Of course, I have been thinking about balancing work and the server, but it was impossible since my time zone is one of the major problems as well. In addition, I want to apologize to some of my colleagues, it was never my intention to cause misunderstandings and incite bad things, I should have explained better instead of murmuring to myself and you guys, I guess people are not perfect at all and we do make mistakes sometimes.

To all the players, even some players who got blacklisted that I have encountered and in even the slightest conversation, you guys made my time here enjoyable a lot and I do not hold a grudge against you or anything. 2000 hours on the server is not quite a large number when compared to others but I cherish every single moment here so deep down I am very grateful for that. I hope you guys find your time here, of course, some people create rumors, and do bad things, but please do not hamper your chance to have a blast because some people will love, respect, and assist you. Also, if I acted too strict or you believe that the way I did my work as a Server Leadership member was unfair then I apologize in advance.

To the staff team, I wish nothing but the best, thank you for accepting me, especially since our team is the most professional one when compared to other servers. Remember to continue your work and maintain the server’s reputation, and a small note for my supervisees, I am pleased to know that you guys worked hard to improve and got the rank, I am proud of you lads, it is a shame that I will not be able to experience Site-9 with you guys but I will still hear the story about it. Heck, I am an emotional guy, so writing this letter makes me sob a little bit

The letter is a bit long but if you are reading this line, thank you for spending time reading this one.

The Civil Network train will continue to discover new things in the future but for me, this is my stop, it is time to explore different things in life and I guess this is a final goodbye. Now, I am not going to mention everyone because it is a very long list and this letter is for everyone who interacts with me.

This is John “Atlas” Kent, signing off.

Kind regards,

Atlas

P/s: On a less serious note, cya nerds <3

@Sven Sky ( he asked me to put him on this letter )

Going to miss you bud, You never let me down, only gave you space to improved which you did, good on you and hope to see you in the future.