"Adagio" Elderwood DoR Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adagio

Apr 9, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42745682

Discord name: Tyz37

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have 21.8333 days of actual playtime at the time of writing this application.

In what country are you located?: The United States of America

Time zone: MST

Character name(s): "Adagio" Elderwood, Thomas "Allegro Elderwood", Damian Elderwood

Civilian name: Damian Elderwood

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
-Yes, I have a mic.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- IA Agent, DEA Senior Agent, DEA Agent, Executive Researcher

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- None

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
-I am applying because I want to improve on the Research Department and help with its management. It seems to have low DoR activity at the times I usually am around (10:30 PM to 6 AM MST). The Research Department needs to be able to do testing using anomalous samples early in the morning too because there are very few Ethics or Site Administration members available, if any, around those times as well. The management around the times that I am available seems to be lacking other than one other executive researcher at a time at the most. Additionally the relations between research and IA and research and E-11 could be greatly improved through different activities such as simple tournaments or even getting together with the groups to discuss how we can help them out. My activity is very high as well as the ability to reach me when I am not on site. Overall, my end goal would be to improve relations with different departments, help with starting new subdivisions, approve new tests involving samples of anomalous natures on other SCPs, help Site Administration with testing their ideas, and to keep research running smoothly earlier in the night and morning.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
- I have been leading a lot of research projects lately and am currently the leader of the joint Research-Medical Division known as Excelsior 23 (aka Ex23). I have a lot of experience training researchers and writing documents in game and a bit of experience for writing documents Ex23. I am willing to put in a lot of effort into research and to help out where I am needed as well as training researchers, approving some tests that Executives can not approve, to write documents for the department as a whole, and improving relations with other departments. I do a lot of testing for different groups when requested such as medical, E-11, or even A-1 as well as work on more complex projects to help the foundation as a whole such as looking at the medical uses of anomalous samples and finding better ways to use chemicals in testing. I have taught many researchers about how to create chemicals and their uses and safety precautions as well as some testing applications that may be interesting to them.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
-Directors of Research ensure that the department is running smoothly as well as updating any departmental documents. They approve tests on euclid to euclid SCPs and below and approve tests involving anomalous samples on SCPs. They can approve testing on living things in 914 too. They ensure that all departmental procedures and protocols are enforced for research and improve relations with other departments such as GENSEC and IA. Reports about their departments findings may also be sent to Site Administration for evaluation and they manage their research subdivisions. Directors of Research also look for the work ethics of researchers and help evaluate and pick new executive researchers as well as interview researchers for the position. They also host the research meetings on a weekly basis and communicate with site administration about the different updates in research.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
"Adagio" was formerly known as Chemical Researcher Johnson Elderwood. He was the brother of a civilian of Pinewood who had been hired by the Foundation early on in his career after his chemical tests in the Pinewood Doctors Office. He caught the attention of the Foundation due to his thirst for knowledge and his many chemical tests that he ran in the Pinewood doctor's office. The DEA saw one of his experiments with the "mysterious chemical" that he had found on the surface and apprehended him. This chemical later was revealed as AMN-A103. The DEA asked what he knew about this chemical and what he had learned about it. His response was that there was not another chemical that he had found similar to it. It consisted of some strange liquid mixed with setraline. He had run many tests on this chemical and deduced it was unreactive with any other chemical that he tested it with at the time. Additionally, it was deemed as safe for consumption and injection but had the effect of removing recent memories from a person's mind. DEA agents were impressed with Johnson's analysis of the chemical after only having had it for seemingly a couple days before they caught on. He was promptly blindfolded, gagged, and dragged to an undisclosed location. As he sat in a chair, blindfolded, he though that it was a bit excessive for the military to be kidnapping someone who was researching a chemical that he found. The blindfold was loosened and he was in front of a man in a suit with a lab coat. The man introduced himself as the head researcher of the military base. Johnson looked confused and worried about what was happening as he thought he discovered something he should not have. In response to this reaction, the head researcher told Johnson that there was nothing to worry about and that the military needed researchers like him. He was offered a job with the military but told that he would be a ghost to the outside world and would only work from the base from then on. Johnson contemplated this offer as he watched the head researcher swirl the contents of the conical flask while waiting for the response. "What about my brother" Johnson thought. "What would he do if I just disappeared?" Then it hit him. This opportunity was huge for him and his brother would probably take the same opportunity if it was given to him as well. He took the offer excitedly and asked that they tell his brother that he is fine and took an important job elsewhere. They said they would but never contacted Johnson's brother. Johnson undertook many research projects and was told that he may chose a codename in the case he discovers something new and groundbreaking so that nobody will know who has the information. He chose "Adagio" due to his and his brother's love of music. With extensive time as a researcher and as a research executive, "Adagio" helped managed a joint medical and research subdivision. He helped improve relations with the medical department and had enforced the rules of the research department for his researchers. He helped with keeping an eye on all of the research projects going on while he was on site as well as punishing researchers who caused many issues for Site 65 as a whole. After achieving the position of Director of Research, "Adagio" went on to seek to improve all relations throughout the Site with all of the different departments as well as ensuring that research ran more smoothly and was more productive.

Hypnotoad

Feb 7, 2023
+ Support

Even though Adagio can be a bit silly sometimes he does some great work when it comes to RP, including but not limited to leading the Excelsior-24 division. Good luck.

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Damian Elderwood
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Adagio . Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.