Add a cooldown to D-Block sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowday

Dec 19, 2022
Bed
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a 30 minute cooldown to D-Block sweeps.
It is actually impossible for D-Class to do anything, because of constant sweeps. GSD has MTF and 912 (an immortal SCP) on their side, while D-Class have kinda shit guns (that they can't even alway get).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Gameplay becomes fair for D-Class
- GSD might actually try to RP and make an agreement with D-Class to stop rioting
- D-Class won't loose captured SCPs that fast

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- It becomes a bit unfair for GSD

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I would add more RP to D-Block and make gameplay more balanced.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Massive -

A sweep happens and a riot can start right back up.

What rp lmao.

Make an agreement with d class?

U do know there prisoners yea? And a riot is everyone doing bad there is no ring leader telling people to stop

-Support

There is already a "cooldown" in place for riots which is in-character.

Personally i believe D Class are unable to be negotiated with or even roleplayed with in an effective manner, D Class have a majority of new players and a very small experienced players whom only play Scout/Brute, they are a collective mind, not a regiment.

D Class Infobreach, Kill, stab, steal and break out of D Block all the time making them untrustworthy to the Foundation

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
The reason, I am suggesting 30 minutes is because, they take 10-15 minutes for briefing. So the cooldown wouldn't even matter.
10 to 15 minutes for briefing what in the actual fuck. What sweeps are u seeing.

A sweep consists of telling what is to be expected assign positions and go in....

Reactions: Harold Hawks
Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
Big Whopping -Support

The times where I have tried to negotiate for a hostage with D-Class have I have gotten no response, a "fuck you", or the hostage ends up getting killed anyway because of some goofy D-Class. You literally cannot have RP with D-Class there will always be someone to mess everything up because that's jsut how D-Class are. Sweep briefings are only like 5 minutes at most I have no idea what you've been seeing. Sweeps are done as needed so a cooldown doesn't make sense whatsoever and this really just seems like copium for a lack of better words. If gensec are getting gunned down to the point where D-Block becomes quite heavily armed then a sweep will happen regardless of whether or not you want it to. D-Class still have the potential to fight back depending on the competence of both sides and I have seen sweeps get stopped because of it. There are even times where D-Block becomes entirely overrun up to the door to LCZ so your riots can become extremely out of hand. This will not happen and is a terrible idea.

egg.

Mar 4, 2023
Spain

- support

fun fact, Grimm once made GSD do 4 sweeps involving multiple MTF units in a span of 10 minutes because he couldnt stop buying guns for D-class. ik not everyone will have 1M scrap on them, but what im tryna say is that people can straight up buy guns after a sweep ends. if a cooldown existed then? i can assure you that at least half of the site would consist of disguised D-class.

also, RP? in D-class???

Status
Not open for further replies.