Rule Suggestion Add a hard limit on being hostage

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add a hard time limit by which you can be held hostage, such as an hour or two (or higher, up to whoever makes the rule), regardless of RP. This would have exceptions such as being Class F'd or SL+ Overuling for valid RP reasons, further exceptions could be worked out during testing

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not a specific hard limit that is above the current limit of 30 minutes if no RP is being carried out

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1) Prevents the current situation where you have to waste actual hours of your day in some cases stuck in a base while people ignore each other's comms, but can't switch off because "Rp is ongoing"
2) adds incentive to be quick in the RP you are doing. This would make DEA, Nu7, GOC, and CI work out the best ways to capture and interrogate people instead of just tossing them around between groups for ages until they are finally either killed or released

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1) The most obvious issue here is losing a hostage that you worked hard to get, however, this could be mitigated by firstly setting the time limit quite high, such as an hour. Within an hour, you should have gotten everything you needed to out of a hostage. This argument also ignores the fact that hostages are here to play on the server, not be stuck in a musty cupboard getting slightly harassed for ages by other people RP
2) Could impact major RP such as O5 kidnappings or ISD wars, however, the SL+ Overule feature would allow this to be solved

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Anyone that has been held hostage knows how frustrating it is watching piss-poor RP happen in OC while you slowly whittle away the hours. The VAST majority of hostage situations are resolved within an hour, this rule would simply prevent the outliers from ruining someone's day (because make no mistake, spending 1 hour 30 minutes blindfolded in CI base is a great way to ruin a day)

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
+ Support
Whilst I already believe this is enforced, players shouldn't have their gameplay ruined by being kept in a cell for over an hour all because a faction is being stingy when it comes to negotiations

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
Major +Support

I was kidnapped earlier this week and refused to pay for myself. DEA started negotiating for me and CI said "Oh if you don't want to pay we'll hold you for longer than 30 minutes since negotiations are ongoing". If we have a hard limit on the amount of time I think it'd prevent this type of toxicity. It just ruins someone's enjoyment on the server.

Playdoughzombie

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 17, 2022
Arizona
gayballs.gov
-Support
The hard limit is still 30 minutes it doesn't matter if negotiations are ongoing as a mod you should know you don't have to stay after 30 minutes if they keep you for more than 30 minutes either leave or call a sit

Dusk

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Jan 8, 2023
-Support
The hard limit is still 30 minutes it doesn't matter if negotiations are ongoing as a mod you should know you don't have to stay after 30 minutes if they keep you for more than 30 minutes either leave or call a sit
Well that's completely false. You should re-read the rules once again.
2.4(a) Kidnapping Rules - When a faction member is kidnapped, they must have intentions for the hostage such as execution, interrogation, or making demands to the opposing faction for profit. The hostage's life should always be valued and the opposing faction must make a good plan to get the hostage back. A hostage may only be kidnapped for a total of 30 minutes if no action is taken. If action is being taken then they may be held for longer (eg. ongoing negotiations)

+Support
Anything that benefits the overall quality of life for players day to day is a huge positive in my books.

Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
-Support
This is incorrect

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
Too many times has kayla suffered because its late night and there's a single dea and no mtf online
please release my family Kayla ?

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-Support
This is wrong

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
HOLY SHIT WE HAD A LOOPHOLE LIKE THAT????????????????????????? WHY???????????????

Quackie

Feb 19, 2024
+support
i think like 45-50 mins would be better then an hour because at least it forces people to be negotiated for quickly and allow things to occur

Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
+Major Support
HOLY SHIT WE HAD A LOOPHOLE LIKE THAT????????????????????????? WHY???????????????
Ive never seen it be abused specifically, staff usually step in and just tell the factions to end it, but I still think it should be patched

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Ive never seen it be abused specifically, staff usually step in and just tell the factions to end it, but I still think it should be patched
Yeah to be fair the COs usually try keep it short anyway

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+support

Hostage rp is boring as fuck. It's literally 3 choices.
1. Cyanide
2. Be sold back
3. Have someone NHU raid to let you cyanide
While you just sit on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.