Denied Add a "Promote" function to the player interaction menu

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Last suggestion for a bit, I promise!

Right now the player interaction menu has 2 options (for non-staff?): "View profile" and "Give Money". I figure the most useful addition would be a shortcut to promote the target player by 1 rank, which appears only if that player is in your regiment and promotable by you.

Right now promoting someone involves navigating through the main menus, finding their entry and then picking the correct rank. This is a bit disruptive to briefings and so a shortcut would make things much smoother.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Promoting people is faster and less prone to mistakes.
- More seamless RP experience as commanders don't need to hold everything up to use the menus.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Dev effort
- Some technical complexity in only showing the option to players who can promote the target character.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think it'd be a nice QoL change and provide a better use for that interaction menu. Could even have a 'Demote' option.

Reactions: Beast
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Beast

Feb 25, 2023
+Support

As you mentioned, this isn't a top priority for devs but it would be a nice QoL change in the foreseeable future.

Osoi

Jan 21, 2023
+support would be amazing but understandable if we don’t get it for a long while

Michael J

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
+Support

I mean it takes second to promote someone threw the way we currently do it but see not why we can't have it easier.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
Just really isn't necessary, how does interacting with the player make it quicker anyways given you have to hold down a key to interact with them and open their profile do you not? Current promotion system functions without issue except it takes a few extra seconds.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
Just really isn't necessary, how does interacting with the player make it quicker anyways given you have to hold down a key to interact with them and open their profile do you not? Current promotion system functions without issue except it takes a few extra seconds.
I figure "Hold down interact key then press the 'Promote' option" would be faster and more convenient than the current workflow of opening the main menu, going to regiments, selecting your regiment, finding the player's entry in your regiment, clicking promote and then selecting the new rank from another menu. Maybe I just need to be faster at reading and finding players in the list.

That doesn't mean that the current system is broken, I just reckon it's a useful function to have in the player interaction menu. Not an urgent update but it should be relatively straightforward to implement.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
I figure "Hold down interact key then press the 'Promote' option" would be faster and more convenient than the current workflow of opening the main menu, going to regiments, selecting your regiment, finding the player's entry in your regiment, clicking promote and then selecting the new rank from another menu. Maybe I just need to be faster at reading and finding players in the list.

That doesn't mean that the current system is broken, I just reckon it's a useful function to have in the player interaction menu. Not an urgent update but it should be relatively straightforward to implement.
You make it sound longer than it seems, it's not that difficult to find the player in the current menu system as you'll know their rank and only 5-10 people maximum would be that rank (even that is a stretch). I don't think the interact key would really make a huge QoL difference and you still have to walk up to and target the specific person so it could arguably take longer rather than be useful.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Suggestion Denied

Hi Merlin, Your suggestion has been denied.

As mentioned in the last suggestion, we have to focus on content that is important for server health, big updates and bug fixes, when we receive more developers this could be re-considered.

Regards.​

Status
Not open for further replies.