Accepted Add an 'Acting Commander' role for when high command are offline.

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A recurring issue during off-hours is a lack of online High Command members to lead a faction. This is expected as 24/7 coverage isn't realistic, and in these scenarios the chain of command is followed and the highest ranking user typically leads the faction in a war. The main problem with this is that non-HC generally don't have access to Voiceamp and so can only communicate via Comms, which most players don't watch consistently. In turn it becomes difficult to organise the faction and so wars become unpredictable.

To try to address this people currently request a voiceamp item from an online admin whenever they need to talk to the players. However there isn't always an admin online, and the amp is lost upon death, meaning a sit needs to be called every time you want to speak. You might call that sub-optimal.

To try to address this, I'd propose adding a "NATO/NWO - Acting Command" job, available to CC+ of all regiments but limited to 1 slot. This would explicitly signify who is leading the current war in the absence of HC. The role would be equipped with a voiceamp, construction kit and perhaps handcuffs to help with RP. You'd need the following rules:

- Job is only to be used during pre-war/war/debrief.
- If a higher ranking user comes online and wishes to take over command, you pass the job to them.
- Whoever holds the job cannot go AFK.
- Misuse of the job = demotion.

The main goal here is to provide CC+ with the ability to command the faction when called upon. This may also be useful when HC want to train/tryout people as faction leaders.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- More reliable ability to distribute war orders via voice.
- Fewer admin sits asking for voiceamp.
- Access to such tools when admins aren't online.
- Clearer chain of command when a faction is being led by non-HC.
- War leader can be identified visually instead of players needing to ask/guess.
- Better coordination during wars in non-peak hours.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Potential for job abuse. Not sure if mods can kick people from a role.
- Need for more rules documentation.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this plays nicely into the RP elements and would help to cut down on admin work/user frustration during the quiet hours. Shouldn't be too much dev work either.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
+Support
I think this is a great addition but also not sure if you know, you can write /voiceamp if you're the highest online to get one, at least it was a thing last time I checked. Not sure if it works past COL though.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
I entirely agree that there should be a better way for non-NHC to get the VA when NHC aren't leading, but I'm unsure if a job is the best way to do that. Certain jobs that CC / RC can use are just straight up better to have. For example, if you're in 17th or 1st, you'd be better off with the RC job since you get a stinger (or was that changed to AT4?) and a vehicle repair kit, which is very useful. I'll leave a neutral since, while I do want this solved, I don't think a job is the best option. I don't remember exactly how the VA works but I'm pretty sure you can /voiceampme so long you're the highest rank on, but if there is an HC AFK or something then I guess it wouldn't work? Or if you're just leading as a test. Honestly not entirely sure.

Last edited:

david blane

Apr 3, 2022
+ support

i think =this is a good idea but if a co- SGM or WO+ does /voiceampme, or some other command then they should get if if they are the highest ranking who isnt afk, i dont think it should be a job as that can be abused but make the command for any sgm/wo+

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
Expanding the command does work, though a part of the idea of having a job was to avoid the constant "who is leading this war?" questions.

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Welding,
Your suggestion has been accepted. We will drop the /voiceampme command down to a rank of SGM+ with the guarantee they can access it if there is nobody higher than them currently not afk. This will hopefully fix the issue as I can see issues arising if we add an entirely new job as people may have to sacrifice a really important role such as Anti-Air to lead a war.

Thanks, Content Team.​

Status
Not open for further replies.