Denied add assassination weapons that wont be noticed during a search for d class

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
adds a hairpin that lets you break out of cuffs silently costing 500 scrap that cant be seen or taken off of you in a search
adds a poison needle that kills guards 30 seconds after being hit with it that can be used while handcuffed and cant be searched for 1000 scrap
adds a new d class called d class pickpocket that can take a guards keycard without them noticing with just a touch only 2 slots must be level 40 d class to use
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
allows d class to actually escape during testing for a high price by letting them kill the guards covertly poisoning them without them realising and escaping cuffs without notice making dealing with d class during a test an actual challenge because currently cuffs and restraints are overpowered and have no counter

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
makes gensecs lives hard im sure they would complain daily about these if added
could be overpowered in some senarios if a d class uses it to take over heavy containment

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i think these need to be added to make d class fun again how many times has a d class been able to escape during a test as of late the answer is almost never because cuffs are simply op this would give d class hope and an actual way to fight back by assassinating the guards with poison

• Haha
Reactions: AstroHD
Aug 6, 2022
Neutral leaning to negative support

- hairpin is a pretty good idea, but this should only work on metal handcuffs cus you can't break out of them
- d-class are death row inmates, i would highly doubt that they'd know how to inject people with a syringe properly. poison would be way too op if it killed guards 30 seconds after you inject them, you and like 5 other people can run up to a group of gensec and insta kill them all within 40 seconds
- guards are highly trained soldiers in lore (although they act like they have no experience), so pickpocketing them would be extremely hard to get away with. if this is added tho it should have a very long cooldown, like around 10-20 minutes and only have 1 slot since it would be free cards

samhartley

Mar 13, 2023
Neutral leaning to negative support

- hairpin is a pretty good idea, but this should only work on metal handcuffs cus you can't break out of them
- d-class are death row inmates, i would highly doubt that they'd know how to inject people with a syringe properly. poison would be way too op if it killed guards 30 seconds after you inject them, you and like 5 other people can run up to a group of gensec and insta kill them all within 40 seconds
- guards are highly trained soldiers in lore (although they act like they have no experience), so pickpocketing them would be extremely hard to get away with. if this is added tho it should have a very long cooldown, like around 10-20 minutes and only have 1 slot since it would be free cards
it would be just a needle with poison on the tip not a syringe this is how most assassins kill people without sus they just walk up and prick them with a poison tipped sewing needle and soon after the target dies you could even throw them and their trained to stab them in an area where the target wont even feel it so they just die

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
I feel as if the whole point of rioting, killing guards, etc.. is that it's meant to be difficult, making it more fun/rewarding, because if it was otherwise then it would take away from RP. Also, I'm against something that allows you to break out of cuffs, it sounds fun in theory but it would be a huge nightmare.

As for the other things, I think if the quirks were figured out and it was balanced then a D-Class job like that could be fun. But, a weapon that cannot be detected would need to be quite weak and, definitely, not close to being strong for it to be viable.

Reactions: Landfield

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
I feel as if the whole point of rioting, killing guards, etc.. is that it's meant to be difficult, making it more fun/rewarding, because if it was otherwise then it would take away from RP. Also, I'm against something that allows you to break out of cuffs, it sounds fun in theory but it would be a huge nightmare.

As for the other things, I think if the quirks were figured out and it was balanced then a D-Class job like that could be fun. But, a weapon that cannot be detected would need to be quite weak and, definitely, not close to being strong for it to be viable.
This basically covered everyone I wanted to say.
D Class should have a lot of troubles rioting and fighting against a military and should lose majority of the time
-support

can be used while handcuffed
cant be searched
cant be seen or taken off of you in a search

-Support
If you really don't get to escape during tests from time to time, it sounds like a skill issue to me. D-Class escape rates are fine as they are since they take actual effort to achieve, but they do happen with relative frequency. If escaping was easy, then no testing roleplay would take place whatsoever. Being a D-Class is not only about killing; partaking in research is a huge part of it too, let's not forget it's a ROLEPLAY server. If we make D-Class this OP, the whole thing becomes completely pointless for non-combative mains, which are a big part of the server and deserve to have an enjoyable roleplay experience too.

makes gensecs lives hard im sure they would complain daily about these if added
A passive-aggressive comment is not a possible negative aspect.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
+Support
We need more things for D Class so we can be bad as right now its too unbalanced
you are a prisoner going against a force equal to that of a small army it shouldnt be balanced dclass should rely on tricks and deceit to win not brute strength

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
Neutral, leading to +Support
The poison needle sounds cool, as long as they actually have time to react. They would get nausea with text saying something like
"[!!!] What happened? Did I get pricked on something?"

And they need to find a doctor with antidote to heal them. If they don't, health starts dropping fast (1HP/0.2s => die in 10s). This would happen after like one-two minutes after the prick.
Also of course single-use.

The pickpocket idea sounds good, but it should have a small timer (3-6 seconds), definitely not instant

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Neutral, leading to +Support
The poison needle sounds cool, as long as they actually have time to react. They would get nausea with text saying something like
"[!!!] What happened? Did I get pricked on something?"

And they need to find a doctor with antidote to heal them. If they don't, health starts dropping fast (1HP/0.2s => die in 10s). This would happen after like one-two minutes after the prick.
Also of course single-use.

The pickpocket idea sounds good, but it should have a small timer (3-6 seconds), definitely not instant
So like the poison we have now.

Still a bad idea since a d class can just grub the gensec for hours until one eventually dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.