Denied Add Hard-Kill and Soft-Kill countermeasures to: M1A2; Challenger; T-90MS; T-14

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
APS for NATO and NWO, for their most advanced tanks. (M1A2, Challenger, T-90 and the T-14).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nope.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. Gives tanks proper, and realistic survivability
2. Makes tank regiments not purely rely on air superiority

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Literally none, this would not only make it so you can't one-shot any tank, but it would make it so the 2 tank regiments could actually get to fight each other, as intended.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I'm going to be extremely short here, since this is kind of being already discussed at large (tank vs heli balance etc).
Tanks are not fun to play, the regiments' activity, and the fact that neither us take any MBT's out speak for themselves, we have nothing going for us, as anything we take is easily counterable by more than 3 things, 2 of those being able to straight up one-shot us.
Speaking from experience, and from watching others', this is
NOT fun.
All 4 tanks mentioned have both soft-kill, and hard-kill protection, this being a combination of ERA armour, ceramic plating (which neither are implemented or work in game btw), and APS, which afaik just doesn't exist in the game either. This would make us not get one-shot every time we try to step out of base. (y)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

LeviCN

Mar 15, 2023
+Support
Killing helis isnt the issue, its tanks being able to survive helis. If this can be implemented which another user said might not work then ill gladly see it be brought into the server to allow tanks to survive much more often.

• Love
Reactions: Toni

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
+support
Combat in Ground or Air, is really wonky not gone lie, due to fact that both engines used, are old asf, and not the best, WAC has been a thing since 2013 or older, I've seen it in multiple MRP Servers, even when I first started playing MRP in GMOD, at time we didn't have alternatives so it worked, but now there is, but idk if LVS would work on the server or not, due to performance, and other issues

While for Simfphys, the tick rate is a downside, but the main one is it's outdated too, currently LVS has a system for both Ground and Flying vehicles from what I seen, and it works better, while it could impact performance more, it would be 1 Addon instead of 2, cutting the size a bit possibly?

But going back on topic, Ground is balanced if they fight Ground, same for Air, but if it's Ground VS Air (or vice versa), or Air/Ground vs Infantry, there's not a single chance, either AT4, not being the best to deal, SAMs, Stingers and etc, not working a lot of the time, and etc, while I support this suggestion, I think a whole rework of the combat system for vehicles, is a must, to make it fun, giving ground a fair chance at fight, and air/ground to have fun too

Mashallah

Civil Gamers Expert
Nov 26, 2021
neutral

I Can see the idea but won,t such meassure be broken agains,t Ground and break the Ground vs tank combat?
Just wondering Cause u never specified how u wanted it

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Toni ,
Your suggestion has been denied.
Talked to the dev and was told that this would cause a lot of lag on the server so we will not be adding this.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.