Denied Add MRP akin perks

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Add a way by using 5 levels as a skill tree like that seen in MRP but slightly different

So such as if you get very high in Research you get the ability to do sampling on SCPs on Bio-Hazard researcher or you play thaumatologist a lot have a lot of combat xp you can get extra Thaumatology power with it, MTF get more chance for critical hits and so on and so forth

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Not to my memory

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Adds more reason for people to level up
-Increases Server Engagement
-Potential Monetisation ( You could add a way to pay for skill points via Vpoints )
-Would be fun
-Rewards being a long time player as well as giving new players something to work for other than using levels to join an MTF or CI

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Might make it unfair for new players
-Dev work time ( there is a system similar to this in MRP if I am not confused )
-Could cause some balancing issues
-Server load may increase

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I reckon this addition would work well to increase enjoyment and also work well as a way to make dat bank for future updates! ?

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
This is an SCP RP server, if you want to primarily focus on combative skill trees go to MRP or play Warzone (Its free :eek:)

Reactions: elad

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
This is an SCP RP server, if you want to primarily focus on combative skill trees go to MRP or play Warzone (Its free :eek:)
As much as I understand that there are implications out of combat such as Research, Medical and D-Class and the fact that there should be something to rewards player with 200+ levels other than bragging and being able to join regiments

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
As much as I understand that there are implications out of combat such as Research, Medical and D-Class and the fact that there should be something to rewards player with 200+ levels other than bragging and being able to join regiments
Yes but I don’t think that giving them buffs in combat is the best way to do it.

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
-Support
Whilst the MilitaryRP system works fairly well, it wouldn't quite suit SCP-RP. We already lock roles and stuff behind licenses and level requirements, as well as entry into Regiments.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-/+ Neutral
i agree that the levels system could be iterated on more, but combat buffs i don't think are the way to do it. i would rather have these contribute to things like (tools for) RP, chem production or other miscellaneous, non-combat related things, as that would promote more overall roleplay and non-combat interactions within the server.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zen

"Toomas"

Feb 27, 2023
1705153575386.png

This thing but SCP Focused so Research, D-Class, Combat, Thaumatology and Medicine
-Support
Unneeded, the system would not fit SCP. The levels on MRP give more stamina, grenades and some jobs which is something what SCP does not need.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Ronin,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

While this system works on MRP, we do not believe it would be a good fit here. It would put too much emphasis on combat if every level (Including support and research) provided you a combative buff. It would also ruin the established balance in the server.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.