Denied Add Non Combative Biohazard Medics

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion will add a new role for non combative medics to play as a Non Combative Biohazard Medic so they can assist researchers in their studies and adds more RP for theses medics and can help treat/heal people infected/effected by Biohazardous materials/SCP's (In a non combative style) This role can only be used for Research/RP purposes.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. Making treating/healing infected individuals alot simpler/faster.
2. Allow a form of treatment to specific infections.
3. Allows for more RP for Medics.
4. Allows Biohazard researchers performing infections esque tests to be accompanied by a Medic without any worry.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None that I can think of.
[EDIT] After reading comments made I do agree this could be used in negative ways such as with making certain SCP's and their actions to easy to counter and makes it 1 sided, etc. I didnt think about however I should have listed it more properly and now I have edited it to (Non Combative) as thats what I meant when I created the suggestion so after reading things I do think this would be in a way a more annoying job to have then to not have. (Just an idea now)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because I feel like it will greatly assist Researchers in tests, greatly increase the capacity for RP for medics, allow for new scenarios involving infectious/biohazardous SCP's.
[EDIT] After reading comments I do agree this could be used in a way to recontain/fight infectious SCP's if used in the wrong way and could/would be abused like most things however I meant it in a non combative and solely for RP purposes and research.

Last edited:

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
-support.

This fucks 049 over more then u think
I shouldve clarified in my original posting, I have edited it now after reading the comments and I do agree with you however I meant for this role suggestion to be a non combative medic who doesnt/cant carry weapons and only helps with research and RP.

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
this doesn’t mess up 049 it would only hurt 008
I shouldve clarified more in the first edition of my post but I edited it now, I intended for it to be suggestion for a non combative role for medics and I shouldve clarified more.

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
-support this would be very annoying to counter as any infectious scp
I agree, I intended the suggestion to be a non combative role for medics and I shouldve clarified that in my first edition of the post however I have edited it now. I do still agree however in certain aspects, so I do think in a way its more annoying to have then to not have now that ive thought about it more but I do like the idea for non combative but Its just an idea now.

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
It shouldn't be denied because it makes the job for the foundation easier, Infectious SCPs will find a way to adapt over it anyway.
Whilst I dont disagree, I dont intend for this suggestion to be about a combative role and more of a Research/RP based one. So it wouldnt really be making making that aspect easier.

Tay

Feb 4, 2023
+Support
Y'all are overstating the balance, Sr. Researchers already have biosuits, and what do they do when there is a 008/049 breach? Run the fuck away, since y'know, they can still be killed by the hordes of zombies that have spawned by the time these SCPs get to medbay/d-block.

Reactions: Luften Luddy

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
+Support
Y'all are overstating the balance, Sr. Researchers already have biosuits, and what do they do when there is a 008/049 breach? Run the fuck away, since y'know, they can still be killed by the hordes of zombies that have spawned by the time these SCPs get to medbay/d-block.
I agree wholeheartedly, to not run away is to not value your own life/breach the law and ethics as you wouldnt be a combative.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
+Support
And that there none combative and risk a warning....

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
-Support
As much as it'd be cool back when me and Abbie were medical directors, we tried a few times for biohaz medical because it'd make sense.

Issue is gameplay wise its just too strong, full armour infectious immune healer is extremely strong

Insurgent oreo

Sep 29, 2022
+ Massive Support
Hear me out there will be a lot of RP with Bio medics with that new illness thingy being added in the new update. A lot of RP E.G. a Researcher got very ill and he must be cured No one without a biohazard suit would enter a room with him

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
-Support
As much as it'd be cool back when me and Abbie were medical directors, we tried a few times for biohaz medical because it'd make sense.

Issue is gameplay wise its just too strong, full armour infectious immune healer is extremely strong
Which is the reason its meant to be non combative and can only be used for Research/RP. Although I do agree with you if it were to be a combative or able to fight Breaches, etc.

Luften Luddy

Dec 7, 2022
+ Massive Support
Hear me out there will be a lot of RP with Bio medics with that new illness thingy being added in the new update. A lot of RP E.G. a Researcher got very ill and he must be cured No one without a biohazard suit would enter a room with him
I agree completely and alot of people seemed to miss the point of it being Non Combative and strictly for reasons like this and for research studies, etc. I do understand where they are coming from if it were to be a combative but thats now what I intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.