Denied Add Seed Lab

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugware

Sep 8, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove?
This suggestion would add the previously removed/ unadded Seed Lab to the herbalist role.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
From what I can see, nothing like this has been suggested previously.

Possible Positives of the suggestion
The seed lab would add more depth and work to the Herbalist job. Currently, the herbalist role is quite bare bones and very unprofitable compared to chemist and advanced chemist. This would also add a whole new market of selling advanced seeds to others.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion

The main negative I can see is losing a high tier seed. If you are afk while growing and your plants are being infested, you could lose potential hours of work. This also applies to seeds being destroyed or stolen during a raid.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted

I believe this suggestion should be added to simply make herbalist better. Spending 1 hour to make about 150000 with constant effort and surveillance seems like nothing to the millions you could make as an advanced chemist. This addition would 100% make herbalist a viable role for making money and actually participating in the economy.

Should this not be accepted, I simply want to know why seed lab wasnt added in the first place.

AnthonyFuller

Aug 26, 2023
As far as I know, the seed lab was removed as it completely broke the economy (I've heard people made £20 million+ in one day).

bugware

Sep 8, 2023
As far as I know, the seed lab was removed as it completely broke the economy (I've heard people made £20 million+ in one day).
That's sad. Do you remember the reason? If it was the custom seeds, theres methods you can use to control that.

AnthonyFuller

Aug 26, 2023
That's sad. Do you remember the reason? If it was the custom seeds, theres methods you can use to control that.
Yeah, it was people with god seeds. It is a shame, it probably just needed some fine tuning though. Right now, as I see it, Herbalist is definitely not worth it unless you're in it for the long run. VIPs do get discounts on equipment though, which is a nice touch.

49Mr Black

Civil Gamers Expert
- Support

Putting aside the potential for economy breakage. The seed lab added an additional unnecessary hurdle and level of grind to an already underpaid and underutilized job. Re-adding will be a huge regression for the job imo. Herbalist has only just gotten slightly worth the time. Only slightly though. Herbalist is still massively underpaid when compared to the potential profits of the Chemist jobs.

Last edited:

bugware

Sep 8, 2023
Yeah, it was people with god seeds. It is a shame, it probably just needed some fine tuning though. Right now, as I see it, Herbalist is definitely not worth it unless you're in it for the long run. VIPs do get discounts on equipment though, which is a nice touch.
I see. The OP seeds can be easily controlled with many measures, up to the staff. If this isnt added, herbalist atleast needs a buff. It sucks to see people flock to herbalist in hopes for lots of money, only to come up 100k in profit after 3 hours.

Beast

Feb 25, 2023
Neutral

I think something should be done to make the herbalist job more profitable, I just don't think the implementation of the seed lab is the solution to get more people interested in the job.

bugware

Sep 8, 2023
- Support

Putting aside the potential for economy breakage. The seed lab added an additional unnecessary hurdle and level of grind to an already underpaid and underutilized job. Re-adding will be a huge regression for the job imo. Herbalist has only just gotten slightly worth the time. Only slightly though. Herbalist is still massively underpaid when compared to the potential profits of the Chemist jobs.
Economy breakage can be fixed with quite a few different solutions. I understand where you're coming from on the grind part, but if its balanced it can be less grindy while still being an optional choice to permanently make more money (even if only slightly more money) for a bit of time and effort.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi @bugware

Thank you for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The content team and SL have decided to deny this suggestion - unfortunately, the "God Seed" that comes with Seed Lab is too overpowered, and we are not able to balance it with other money-making methods on the server. We will continue to monitor the Herbalist job as we don't want it to fall behind other drug production jobs.

Reactions: Landfield
Status
Not open for further replies.