Accepted Add the Other Variants of NVGS

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Heyo, so in the Night vision addon that we have on the server, there is more than one version of it that doesn't only give that Iconic green vision, there other variants that give you Red vision, Cyan vision, Full color and a Thermal, all of which i will show here in a video.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
My suggestion has not been suggested before.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More variety to the Night Vision Goggles family
Each NVG Has it's own Comforts
More realism to add to Immersion

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Some of them may have their own disadvantages and advantages such as FOV Concerns

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Adding variety to the server is always a Nice change, Plus the Positives outweigh the negatives.

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
Hello Arch,
Firstly, for your awareness: i know for a fact that at the very least the cyclops, thermals and one other variant you showed is implemented and functional on the server, but there simply is no method of obtaining them outside of a SeniorAdmin spawning them in

Secondly, you have not specified where would you want to see these implemented. I would see little point to them all being available so people can "pick and choose" which one they like.
One possibility would be to give a variant to each faction, Foundation keeps green, CI gets red, GOC gets Cyan, but then this would likely transform into a balance discussion and generally, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Not to mention the fact that all factions, even civilians, use the same armory entity to obtain their NVGs, meaning that such a change would require new entities to be created, or the existing one to be reconfigured.

Lastly, Thermal goggles specifically used to be part of GOC arsenal during its initial launch, but were removed from their armory for a variety of reasons.

-Support
as it stands, i dont see any benefit from changing up how things currently are

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
Hello Arch,
Firstly, for your awareness: i know for a fact that at the very least the cyclops, thermals and one other variant you showed is implemented and functional on the server, but there simply is no method of obtaining them outside of a SeniorAdmin spawning them in

Secondly, you have not specified where would you want to see these implemented. I would see little point to them all being available so people can "pick and choose" which one they like.
One possibility would be to give a variant to each faction, Foundation keeps green, CI gets red, GOC gets Cyan, but then this would likely transform into a balance discussion and generally, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Not to mention the fact that all factions, even civilians, use the same armory entity to obtain their NVGs, meaning that such a change would require new entities to be created, or the existing one to be reconfigured.

Lastly, Thermal goggles specifically used to be part of GOC arsenal during its initial launch, but were removed from their armory for a variety of reasons.

-Support
as it stands, i dont see any benefit from changing up how things currently are
Hey Siens!

I Was thinking of making things different for each faction like you mentioned, Like say the Civilian factions and Pinewood can get the Cyclops one since its supposed to be Civilian-Grade and so on but i decided to keep things fair and balanced for each faction to have each goggle and then it'd be down to personal preference on what person wants to use at any given time

Thanks!

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Thermals could be classed as AA and authed based on IC policies on a limited basis.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
-Jeremy and Cary said what my thoughts on it are really.

KingOfCommon

Oct 21, 2023
-Support
While I think this would be cool to have its not really a needed change and would likely just take up dev time that could be used for other things

Wolff

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
+support

I would love to be able to use thermals on surface as Nu-7

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Suggestion is Funny

Your suggestion has found to be hilarious by the Council of Funny. I love it. +Support

Status
Not open for further replies.