Denied Add Weapon checker, Interrogation Tool and Tranquilizer Pistol to OSA and ECA

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Calvin Lucien)

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Apr 5, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds Weapon checker, Interrogation tool and Tranquilizer Pistol to OSA and ECA

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don’t believe this has been suggested before.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
it aids the enforcement of FLC, along with the it means when A1/O1 aren't online it becomes quite difficult to deal with people in any manner and check people out. same way when no IA are onsite its left to assistants to arrest people which he isn't sure of their ID or weapons because of the lack of equipment.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
it could be misused but as CL4 I don't think this would be a big issue. It also could take time away for IA if they are onsite and may reduce their activity in what ECA/OSA's are doing but in this case i believe the positives way outweigh the negatives .

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
due to the fact of IA/ISD sometimes being inactive I believe it would be beneficial for assistants to have this equipment and would not class them as combative as it fits within the RP of who they are, realistically there's no reason that an assistant couldn't pat you down for guns or search pockets for a keycard .

• Love
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
I would like to state, while you do enforce the FLC as an Assistant, you cannot enforce it in a combative manner.

While I do over +Support this tools being added as they do server other purposes beyond arrests and would be a benefit to either side of ISD and SC, I disagree with the tranq gun due to to the fact it may encourage Assistants to pursue arrests in a more combative nature, which should be left to the Assistants respective ISD.

I believe it would be beneficial for assistants to have this equipment and would not class them as combative as it fits within the RP of who they are, realistically there's no reason that an assistant couldn't pat you down for guns or search pockets for a keycard .
I note how you have not justified a reason for the tranq gun, nor does a tranq gun fir the RP of an Assistant.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
I disagree with the tranq gun due to to the fact it may encourage Assistants to pursue arrests in a more combative nature, which should be left to the Assistants respective ISD.

I note how you have not justified a reason for the tranq gun, nor does a tranq gun fir the RP of an Assistant.
this is false
1710543337498.png

(Calvin Lucien)

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Apr 5, 2023
I would like to state, while you do enforce the FLC as an Assistant, you cannot enforce it in a combative manner.

While I do over +Support this tools being added as they do server other purposes beyond arrests and would be a benefit to either side of ISD and SC, I disagree with the tranq gun due to to the fact it may encourage Assistants to pursue arrests in a more combative nature, which should be left to the Assistants respective ISD.

I will say most non combatives have tranq guns e.g Consulates so i don't see why assistants shouldn't

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Assistants have no excuse for it.
we need it for the same reason ambassadors have it - to assist in arrests

how are we going to enforce an O5's order to arrest someone if we have to leave everything to ISD, because we can't really do anything other than tag along and make sure everything is going as intended by the council

assistants have a hard enough time being justified in the server as-is

(Calvin Lucien)

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Apr 5, 2023
we need it for the same reason ambassadors have it - to assist in arrests

how are we going to enforce an O5's order to arrest someone if we have to leave everything to ISD, because we can't really do anything other than tag along and make sure everything is going as intended by the council

assistants have a hard enough time being justified in the server as-is
Emilia has a Fair point

Status
Not open for further replies.