Denied Add weapon equip delay but keep FearRP

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archsam

Aug 17, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Weapon equip delay from CC

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Improves RP by not being able to in an instant take out an weapon and shoot someone to death

Creates risk taking out weapons in public with PD being nearby which is great for gameplay

Feels fair to be killed since if you pay attention you can react to it being pulled out

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

I would imagine Bounty hunters being mad that they can't suprise targets risk free anymore from behind
Harder to pull up sneak attacks

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

It would just improve the flow of situtions where people have time to react to events instead of instant death which feels pretty bad in most situations. I think we can all agree it sucks when it happens, I still want the FearRP rule however beacause it is one of the core things that make up DarkRP. One thing i think is that an change like this would come with alot more positives rather then negatives

Reactions: Ellie

Mr Banks

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I would remove FearRP completely but I know management and the overall community wouldn't want that, i miss Civil City :rolleyes:

tony schleck

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jun 11, 2021
it have to be one of the 2 keep fearrp or delay of weapon

i prefer myself to remove fearrp and add 5 sec weapon delay

49Mr Black

-Support

I agree with the recent discussions around the removal of FearRP but a weapon switch delay is just too far in the opposite direction imo. This is NOT CityRP, and the distinction between DarkRP and CityRP has to be made somewhere and this is a key area for showcasing that. In addition to the DarkRP contradiction I do believe this would be a strongly contested and extremely unpopular decision with the community.

The better choice in this situation I believe is to open discussion on possible tweaks/removal of FearRP entirely.

Reactions: Mr Banks

Archsam

Aug 17, 2023
-Support

I agree with the recent discussions around the removal of FearRP but a weapon switch delay is just too far in the opposite direction imo. This is NOT CityRP, and the distinction between DarkRP and CityRP has to be made somewhere and this is a key area for showcasing that. In addition to the DarkRP contradiction I do believe this would be a strongly contested and extremely unpopular decision with the community.

The better choice in this situation I believe is to open discussion on possible tweaks/removal of FearRP entirely.
I want the FearRP to stay, I just want to stop dying from someone in an instant that is next to me when they have nothing out, Like the weapon delay could only be two seconds

Last edited:

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
I want the FearRP to stay, I just want to stop dying from someone in an instant that is next to me when they have nothing out, Like the weapon delay could only be two seconds
well i think in everyones opinion its 1 or the other, FearRP or weapon delay. both just make it cancer and not worth fighting or even playing

Chetso

Donator
Dec 10, 2021
I don't really see how it helps though? Like even with a delay, someones going to pull out a gun and you're going to be under FearRP and they're going to kill you, why does a delay help? :eek:

Vox

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
how about remove FearRP completely for cops and just give all PD buffed tasers (and weapon equip delay maybe perhaps!?!?)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chetso

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Archsam .

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The content team has chosen to deny your suggestion because we've already denied a similar suggestion.

If you'd like to look more into the reasons for denial please see the thread here.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.