Accepted AFK while making a document issue

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes AFK while actively typing on a document

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Unsure

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1 - You won't be kicked when you type up documents, it's stressful having to click out or have a chance of getting kicked while pouring your heart out on a document.
2 - It messes up your inventory sometimes and moves stuff around when you afk (Slightly related but for this one positive is enough IMO)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
AFK Abuse could happen I suppose?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's a real pain for document makers, you're playing the server and actively working on a KEY RP thing, and getting an AFK warning is very stupid and I believe there should be some fix to this.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support
yeah, ever since i got into document writing, it's been a real pain. i wish interacting with any menu counted towards what the AFK system sees as an input

Reactions: JIMMY DaGOAT

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
+Support

If there is a way to make it so as long as they are actively typing in the clipboard to eliminate afk abuse, that'd be great. Regardless, I support anyway, staff can deal with the researchers and IA who afk with clipboards out to circumnavigate the kick. Quality of life for the research mains amirite?

Reactions: JIMMY DaGOAT

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+Support
Bro I swear to god that's why I don't try to make them anymore

CoffeeInducedPsychosis

Feb 16, 2024
cl_yawspeed .001
+left
think smarter guys
-suoport
+Support

Please do this with Pac too.
+Support

I like larp docs
+Support
Bro I swear to god that's why I don't try to make them anymore
+Support
-I write docs all the time and I can't afford to get kicked without saving them because the server thinks im afk.
+support
- If possible devs just add a flag that detects typing on a doc or somethin idk!
+Support

If there is a way to make it so as long as they are actively typing in the clipboard to eliminate afk abuse, that'd be great. Regardless, I support anyway, staff can deal with the researchers and IA who afk with clipboards out to circumnavigate the kick. Quality of life for the research mains amirite?
+Support
Please, i have to stop writing every few minutes and click through my 20 pages again..
+Support
yeah, ever since i got into document writing, it's been a real pain. i wish interacting with any menu counted towards what the AFK system sees as an input
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes AFK while actively typing on a document

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Unsure

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1 - You won't be kicked when you type up documents, it's stressful having to click out or have a chance of getting kicked while pouring your heart out on a document.
2 - It messes up your inventory sometimes and moves stuff around when you afk (Slightly related but for this one positive is enough IMO)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
AFK Abuse could happen I suppose?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's a real pain for document makers, you're playing the server and actively working on a KEY RP thing, and getting an AFK warning is very stupid and I believe there should be some fix to this.

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
But what if people just open up a document to avoid the AFK timer and stop priority users kicking them off.

There would have to be some kind of counter for this, because it's very easily abusable and would definitely be happening.

+/- SUPPORT

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
+Support

I've had times where I was writing a document and the AFK message would appear and I'd get kicked instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.