Denied All D-Class Get fists

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Mike

Aug 8, 2022
Pinewood, Canada
add: All D-Class receive fists

Suggested before: couldn’t find it when searching

Pros:
-Regular D-Class can defend themselves
-don’t have to buy a knife
-More interesting Riots

Cons:
-More Rdm
-Gensec being overwhelmed by a mass of D-class, beating them

Why:
I’m not sure why this hasn’t been suggested or added before. I could understand entirety of D-Block beating each other. However they can still do that with knives. Fists aren’t exactly that powerful and Brute and Scout already get fists. Now Type-Blue and Regular D-Class can now defend themselves. As it would make sense, why would D-Class let another one stab them. Also, at times D-Class may not want to waste scrap on a knife. As it could be taken away or be killed before using it, etc. RP wise it could add so much potential. Such as a mass of D-Class rushing outta airlock, fists flying.

socalphunk

Jan 10, 2023
+support
would make sense but then you gotta add something to brute/scout to make them a buffed version

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
sure, fuck it. it's funny. doesn't change much

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
-Support
I really don't care who has fists at the end of the day, I absolutely see this being abused & causing sits which is something I'd like to avoid but as long as this is followed I don't see an issue, but I really just don't believe that the rule I've quoted below will be followed. While this would be more fun for most D-Class players(Myself included), it would simply result in more rule breaks(especially from new players that may not know the rule below) & that's not fun for myself & the other staff that will need to take those sits.

"It is FailRP to start a riot (e.g. punching security guards) unless you have found a weapon (knife, gun) that you can use."

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-Support
I really don't care who has fists at the end of the day, I absolutely see this being abused & causing sits which is something I'd like to avoid but as long as this is followed I don't see an issue, but I really just don't believe that the rule I've quoted below will be followed. While this would be more fun for most D-Class players(Myself included), it would simply result in more rule breaks(especially from new players that may not know the rule below) & that's not fun for myself & the other staff that will need to take those sits.

"It is FailRP to start a riot (e.g. punching security guards) unless you have found a weapon (knife, gun) that you can use."
imo if new players were going to minge when they get fists, they were probably going to minge when they got something worse (e.g. cadet unlock). like if you take away all immediate mechanisms to minge with, anyone that still has the mindset to minge, will minge with the first thing they think they can get away with. you're probably just going to end up catching those players earlier, which is probably going to be a net positive on server health.

or would you rather wait until those people are able to get 035, then either realise or otherwise find out that when they breach, they are able to possess an O5 and then force them to nuke, MRDMing and disrupting the entire server? i know this is something of an extreme, but i feel there's a point here in that the more you try to minge-proof something, the more damage a minge may be capable of doing.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-/+ neutral

It makes sense everyone can punch but it causes problems of mass rdm

And a riot can start instantly no weapons. So

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+/- Neutral
-On one hand it makes complete sense, on the other it enables minges to minge about upon joining the server for the first time (E.G. every D-Block RDM scenario), although it isnt that hard to get a knife which works better than fists, so neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.