Denied Allow bodygroup customization

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would allow players the ability to set their own bodygroups instead only being able to use pre-established sets.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Bugs related to bodygroups (such as disguising removing masks on A-1) can be fixed.
More freedom of expression for regiments.
Allows CO teams to enforce dress codes, and potentially allow squads specific gear to distinguish them.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
The possibility of misuse of body groupers.
Harder/inaccurate identification if improperly enforced.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Ultimately the potential this creates heavily outweighs the downside, and implementation is presumably simple. This will also give CO teams a chance to put more policies in place and allow subdivisions to be more official and unique. Issues related to disguising going away is also a huge benefit for tons of departments and regiments. The modelers put alot of work into these, so we should be using them to their full potential.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Removing pac3 takes away money from them.

-support pac3 does this
This doesn't remove pac3. No one buys pac3 just so they can take off shotgun shells from a model, fix disguise issues, or restrict a tiny part of the model to specific people. This wouldn't take a cent from the server.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AstroHD

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
Will most likely be denied as takes away from donor perks of pac3

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
This doesn't remove pac3. No one buys pac3 just so they could have formal attires for meetings, fix disguise issues, or make small changes to distinguish a subdivision. This wouldn't take a cent from the server.
Its changing the model to fit the occasion. If a disguise is bugged Call an Admin and they will let u get a new one

This literally does take away from pac3.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Its changing the model to fit the occasion. If a disguise is bugged Call an Admin and they will let u get a new one

This literally does take away from pac3.
1. The model isn't changing, its the same base model but with a different helmet or something to enhance RP.
2. You don't know what I mean by disguises being bugged. For example when your A-1 and take an E-11 disguise, it uncovers your face which is problematic. The only way to fix this currently is to select the job again which gets rid of armor.
3. No one is buying pac to make such minor changes to a uniform. All pacs so far have been very outlandish and over the top. I have not seen a single pac that only changes bodygroupers. Because there is no one buying pac to simply change a group, its safe to say this will not impact the sell of pac.

Last edited:

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support i don't see why changing bodygroups has to be done with PAC3 it's a little silly - almost every darkRP server I've played on was able to do this on the job selection menu but i'm no coder, maybe it's difficult

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
+support I don't wanna buy Pac3 and drop my fps by 40

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
1. The model isn't changing, its the same base model but with a different helmet or something to enhance RP.
2. You don't know what I mean by disguises being bugged. For example when your A-1 and take an E-11 disguise, it uncovers your face which is problematic. The only way to fix this currently is to select the job again which gets rid of armor.
3. No one is buying pac to make such minor changes to a uniform. All pacs so far have been very outlandish and over the top. I have not seen a single pac that only changes bodygroupers. Because there is no one buying pac to simply change a group, its safe to say this will not impact the sell of pac.
Changing the model at all is pac3 point.

Number 2 that's a Player glitch then and should be logged as a bug since realistically it shouldn't do that.

I've seen people use it for very minor things some major some minor. Hell when I bought pac3 I just wanted a suit and glasses on ambassador.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Changing the model at all is pac3 point.

Number 2 that's a Player glitch then and should be logged as a bug since realistically it shouldn't do that.

I've seen people use it for very minor things some major some minor. Hell when I bought pac3 I just wanted a suit and glasses on ambassador.
The very minor thing you mentioned is something you can't even do with bodygroupers. It has been logged as a bug, heres the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.