Denied Allow players to trade NWO characters for NATO ones

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KFC is LIFE

Jun 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

It allows players the ability to have a secondary NATO/NWO/Civilian Character, it would remove the aspect of bug abuse so long as players are not in more then two Regiments at one time. Of course, players will still be allowed to be in NWO/NATO as infantry regardless of the regiments they choose. They just won't be able to join more then two
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

No, it hasn't. Personally I feel there is little reasoning behind not allowing players to be apart of more Regiments. Of course, this shouldn't be overboard. And there should be limits in place to stop this. However players shouldn't have their RP limited or confined. It's quite oppressive, realistically the "2 Regiment limit" should be in-place however players should be allowed to have two NATO Regiments if they wish.
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Freedom of choice, giving players more ability to explore the server. And the regiments, and find which one they enjoy the most;

Increased Regiment activity, allowing players to help other Regiments in their times of need;

Closer nit community, allowing players to experience more Regiments at an early stage will mean that they'll be able make friendships with a wider circle. Instead of being confined to just one regiment;
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Possible Regiment hopping, this could allow players to easily jump from regiment to regiment. However, measures can be put in place to avoid this;

• Decreased activity on one side, this could lead to balance issues. One side being more active then the other more often. Measures can also be put in place to avoid this;
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

At the end of the day, I am confused by why this is constricted. This is a user experience issue if anything, and although I understand SL may have bigger fish to fry allowing players to more easily experience the server might even keep newer players for longer. As stated all issues can be fixed, measures can be taken to ensure that server balance isn't effected. And I'm sure, that most players wouldn't want to be apart of 2 NATO/NWO Regiments if they had the choice however for the few that do they're limited to not having the ability to do so.

I'm going to suggest possible solutions to issues stated above:

• Regiment hopping
, hopping from a Regiment. To another Regiment in an incredibly quick amount of time would be rule break.

• Balance incentives
, when the player balance is reached. An in-game cash offer. Or XP, offer is given to players who switch sides during war to help the other side. Could be both?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

hj10wen

Game Master
Game Master
May 31, 2022
-support

if you want to switch regiments Then leave the one you are in and work your Way up the ranks in the new regiment

LeviCN

Mar 15, 2023
-support
just play the regiment equivalent on the other team for the second regiment you want to join on NATO/NWO: for example you join IVG instead of ISAF and stay in your NATO regiment at the same time. No reason for this to be added.

miceal

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Jul 19, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @KFC is LIFE , Your suggestion has been denied as it would make it uneven for both sides and people would lose focus on there main regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.