Denied Allow SCP's to fight eachother.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
As the title says i propose allowing SCP's to fight eachother within lore accurate reasons, let me get a few things out of the way first.
SCP's can choose not to attack eachother during breaches, unless they have a reason not to be able to choose. Such as 939 should not attack another 939.

If you think this massively nerfs SCP's, maybe but for the majority of breaches SCP's rarely interact much anyways, and those that do are usually the ones that are intelligent and can choose to team. 682 Alltough he wants to kill everything i think within reason can avoid attacking other SCP's so long they stay out of his way as he primarily wants to kill humans.

This is also usefull for crosstests or "Termination Tests", making them have much more interesting interactions. You could also give SCP's tools that can only attack other SCP's or are only really usefull against SCP's.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More interesting and fun SCP crosstests
Highly increased lore accuracy
Better SCP interactions
More Roleplay as SCP's

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Large rework = Large development time
Small nerf to SCP's breaching

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The benefits outweigh the negatives, alltough SCP's are slightly nerfed, as explained earlier they rarely interact and when they do its mostly intelligent SCP's. It allows for much more to do as SCP's than simply kill, though you still have the option to simply kill. I believe cross testing would be massively improved aswell, giving you more of a reason to do them.

Last edited:
+/- Neutral
-Although I do agree that some SCP's should be able to attack each other, I do not think it should be FailRP to assist other SCP's as something such as 939.
-049's swep Doesn't deal damage, and is Instead a One Shot. So the parts about 049 and 035 attacking each other dont make to much sense (They would also still attack each other, depending on the Lore your reading)
-More RP Interactions for the SCP's, The Foundation, and Potentially other GOI's

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
+/- Neutral
-Although I do agree that some SCP's should be able to attack each other, I do not think it should be FailRP to assist other SCP's as something such as 939.
-049's swep Doesn't deal damage, and is Instead a One Shot. So the parts about 049 and 035 attacking each other dont make to much sense (They would also still attack each other, depending on the Lore your reading)
-More RP Interactions for the SCP's, The Foundation, and Potentially other GOI's
Fair, i should probably remove the Fail RP parts. Editing it now

Reactions: Niox

Insurgent oreo

Sep 29, 2022
+/- Neutral
Ci after forcing both 939's to fight each other ?

+ support

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Just as a note, this would (currently) require the modification of every SCP that has a SWEP capable of doing damage, would also require adjustments to some effects when targeted at SCPs as we obviously can't have SCPs running around insta-killing each other. We've thought about this before but never really felt it would be worth the time to have to write logic for all of this especially as a cross-test would just result in the SCPs getting to 1 HP and not actually being terminated.

Reactions: Niox
Just as a note, this would (currently) require the modification of every SCP that has a SWEP capable of doing damage, would also require adjustments to some effects when targeted at SCPs as we obviously can't have SCPs running around insta-killing each other. We've thought about this before but never really felt it would be worth the time to have to write logic for all of this especially as a cross-test would just result in the SCPs getting to 1 HP and not actually being terminated.
Would there be a way for them to get terminated instead of only ending at 1% BM?
As that could actively encourage "Termination Tests", as they might actually get somewhere

-Support

SCP 939's are Pack Hunters , What does that mean? they have more strength in numbers, they are made and designed to fight and hunt together, One lone 939 is a juicy opportunity for it to be filled with bullets, multiple 939's moving together is a terrifying fight.

Pack Animals DO NOT fight each other, infact they are quite literally family and friends to each other, they eat and drink and sleep and do everything together, the only time a Pack Animal would fight another is if they trespass into another's land

Pack.png

If you wish for an SCP To fight another, that would be Cross Testing and would be heavily RP Based and it would not happen willy nilly.

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
-Support

SCP 939's are Pack Hunters , What does that mean? they have more strength in numbers, they are made and designed to fight and hunt together, One lone 939 is a juicy opportunity for it to be filled with bullets, multiple 939's moving together is a terrifying fight.

Pack Animals DO NOT fight each other, infact they are quite literally family and friends to each other, they eat and drink and sleep and do everything together, the only time a Pack Animal would fight another is if they trespass into another's land

View attachment 9528

If you wish for an SCP To fight another, that would be Cross Testing and would be heavily RP Based and it would not happen willy nilly.
I explicitly stated that 939's should not be allowed to attack eachother at all, so i think you may have misread?

-support this would make coordinated breaches so much harder than it already is, you know that this isn't a "small nerf" to breaches
your justification as to why this wouldn't nerf SCPs is that:
the majority of breaches SCP's rarely interact much anyways,
this is only the case for very few breaches that do not involve any coordination - every breach I've been in has always had one other SCP that i've been coordinating with (unless a solo breach), any rule change like this would ruin all breaches that aren't solo or silent

i'd +support if SCPs could attack each other only inside of the crosstest chamber

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
-support this would make coordinated breaches so much harder than it already is, you know that this isn't a "small nerf" to breaches
your justification as to why this wouldn't nerf SCPs is that:

this is only the case for very few breaches that do not involve any coordination - every breach I've been in has always had one other SCP that i've been coordinating with (unless a solo breach), any rule change like this would ruin all breaches that aren't solo or silent

i'd +support if SCPs could attack each other only inside of the crosstest chamber
They can choose to attack eachother or not, they dont HAVE to attack eachother.

One of the Johnny's

Apr 4, 2023
UK Server
Would there be a way for them to get terminated instead of only ending at 1% BM?
As that could actively encourage "Termination Tests", as they might actually get somewhere
If it would be time consuming/hard to implement it could be put on hold until a major revamp, or until someone has time to do it.
I havent coded in GMOD before, so i don't know how difficult it would be. But would it work to make a swep that can damage other SCP's and even terminate them, and give it to all SCP's until further updates where SCP's are given unique sweps?

Instead of just complicating the swep that already exists to kill humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.