Denied Alpha Warhead Rework

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
So this Would Add a Alpha Warhead Bunker And Also Would also make it so you need two LVL 5 To activate the Nuke to Prevent Abuse and There would be like a 160 Second Timer For people to get to the Alpha warhead Bunker Also It would be better to add Two or three Bunkers And Maybe add A Bunker to the GOC and CI base's
And Having turrets in these Bunkers would be good Also after the warhead Went off Make like a Destroyed Map Where only the bunkers are left and these Helicopters Pick you up And then the Map Resets.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
This Prevents Abuse of the Nuke this Also Makes this more realistic And would be really cool This could also make New Events happen And would give the event team Like do a Cool breach Or Some thing like that This would Heavily Improve the Whole Community for the better In general

Possible Negatives of the suggestion: The Nuke could Be abused but yet again it would make it next to impossible to be abused One of the bunkers In the Facility Could be Taken over by Class D or CI but we have MTF for a reason ?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: This should be Accepted Since the current Alpha Warhead System is not great it has A lot of things that would not happen This would also Make the Facility Look better And I know this will be a lot of Work and I know the Alpha Warhead Works Currently But this would make the server Better than Ok.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
-support
nuke can't even be abused in the first place, anything to do with nuke e.g raids or something requires SL Permissions, seems pretty useless

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
-support
nuke can't even be abused in the first place, anything to do with nuke e.g raids or something requires SL Permissions, seems pretty useless
It can Be Abused By a Game Master and it has happened Before just so you know.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
- Support

As a Current O5; If a GM were to abuse the nuke; they would likely be removed from the GM team; and banned. So this is unneeded.
I'm saying in my Rework to Add 2 Keycard Readers Instead of 1 To prevent A Game Master From Abusing it.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
No; It isn't. The system works fine as is cause the Alpha-Warhead is a RP reset. There is no logical reason adding a way to survive it would make sense as its purpose is to wipe the site and ensure nothing survives.

And there is already a 60 second cooldown where the Alpha Warhead can be deactivated before it begins the final sequence; meaning roughly 120 seconds for all personnel to evacuate.

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
I don't think you understand I don't know if you have read it or not But when Said Personnel Leave The bunkers they get in the Heli's
And then that resets Rp And the Map Resets.
No; It isn't. The system works fine as is cause the Alpha-Warhead is a RP reset. There is no logical reason adding a way to survive it would make sense as its purpose is to wipe the site and ensure nothing survives.

And there is already a 60 second cooldown where the Alpha Warhead can be deactivated before it begins the final sequence; meaning roughly 120 seconds for all personnel to evacuate.

Starling6

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Site-65
I don't think you understand I don't know if you have read it or not But when Said Personnel Leave The bunkers they get in the Heli's
And then that resets Rp And the Map Resets.
There is no helicopters; There is simply,

Nuke Begins.
Everyone goes Garage / Dies.
Nuke.
Server goes on as normal.

Disrupting this and requiring a new section to the map is unneeded.

Nathaniel Brown

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 6, 2022
the Netherlands
I'll be leaving a -Support on your suggestion due to the following reasons

I see you have some passion for this idea, but I think a suggestion like this (with the heli's) got denied a few days/weeks ago.
The Alpha Warhead is fine as it is.
Abuse rarely happens and when it happens, the staff team quickly intervenes with it.
Making it a 2 CL.5 scanner protection also makes it very harder to use at downtimes in case of a 008 breach.

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
Ethics and O5 never abused the nuke in any way both side always press it if it isn't recontainable anymore, im quite confused. If there isn't 2 cl5 online what should the other people do? Keep dying untill 2 cl 5 hop online? I have to give a -support on this.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Massive-support

Nuke is bio CODED and u need to be VERY trusted to have cl5 and need SL permission

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
None of you Have Really given Valid Points On why you are -Support I dont count these as valid And until you have a proper Excuse Please dont post -Support without a reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Nathaniel Brown

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
None of you Have Really given Valid Points On why you are -Support I dont count these as valid And until you have a proper Excuse Please dont post -Support without a reason.
We have given valid points

Nuke can only be activated by a GM with SL approval and 05 with SERVER LEADERSHIP aka admins who have been here for 1+ year which are application and with the new SC change will rarely be getting mingy 05s.

And its BIOed so only ECMS 05s and jobs that spawn with a cl5 card can do nuke and its coded so u gotta know the code which only 05 and ECMs know

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
We have given valid points

Nuke can only be activated by a GM with SL approval and 05 with SERVER LEADERSHIP aka admins who have been here for 1+ year which are application and with the new SC change will rarely be getting mingy 05s.

And its BIOed so only ECMS 05s and jobs that spawn with a cl5 card can do nuke and its coded so u gotta know the code which only 05 and ECMs know
Fair Point I did not know that information And I am Willing to just forget the Way the Nuke Is Activated But I think we still need the rest of my suggestion.

Juju

Civil Gamers Expert
May 1, 2022
Ethics and O5 never abused the nuke in any way both side always press it if it isn't recontainable anymore, im quite confused. If there isn't 2 cl5 online what should the other people do? Keep dying untill 2 cl 5 hop online? I have to give a -support on this.
I mean there is a Reason for Code Black And when the code black happened that I was In We were instructed to wait a While before just to see And it got nuked but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.