Anakin Groundrunner's Goodbye!

Anakin GroundRunner

Donator
Sep 21, 2022
Hey everyone Anakin GroundRunner here,

I am resigning from staff and my in-character roles. I have realized that I spent too much time and energy in this game and that I once broke an unwritten rule and therefore will not be promoted. I have also lost interest in climbing the ranks and want to focus more on my wife, family, work and IRL friends.

Everything written here is out of love and I do not mean to sound malicious or hurt anyone's feelings.

I will let my supervisor know asap so they can remove my Site Admin whitelist and my Senior Moderator role. I have ownership of some GENSEC documents that I forgot to move over to Ventz, so if you want me to do that I would be more than happy to help out.

The staff is great, but some rules and how they deal with them are extremely dumb. I have seen way too many staff members have zero compassion and act in anger when punishing.

Example: Captain used an AA bomb to celebrate two RRT getting their license. He was then banned for two weeks and removed as captain. They could have easily told him not to do it again and explained why. Everyone who died (it was in Killhouse) didn’t care except one person. They literally just respawn and go on with their day, it does not affect them in the long run because it’s a VIDEO GAME. The captain had no malicious intent and was under the impression that Killhouse was out of character.

It really is too bad as I have spent 700+ hours since September on the server and I enjoyed most of my time on it. That is over 40 hours a week.

Now onto the nicer things:

I have super enjoyed being a part of the community. It has been great playing and goofing off with you. I’d like to shout out a few individuals. Sorry if I missed you!

@Snuzzy : You loved ID-checking people and I enjoyed seeing you have passion for what you do.

@Robin Trinket : I am super glad you made chief and you deserve it! Good job!

@Mijur : I wish we could have been co-chiefs, we would have been a powerhouse.

@Jason Manson : I miss you and it was too bad I couldn’t see you continue to grow

@Cheese Cooper : AAA will have to be disbanded, unfortunately.

@Larry Hummer : Sorry, I have failed you as a son

@Pulsewalker : You are a great -1 and I enjoyed your Micky mouse voices

@LittleMsStupid : You are going to make a great -1, thank you for all you have done for this site.

@Dunkin "Bug": Sorry that you can't be my bodyguard anymore

@Skyler: Best mentee anyone could ask for!

@Teel : … I guess you have the high ground now…

@Jules : You are a goober

Sorry to all those D-Class I mercilessly destroyed in the airlock.

Advice to newcomers: Learn all the unwritten rules as these will haunt you. Don’t go for site command/administration. Enjoy the little things about the game. Don’t let it suck the life out of you and DO NOT spend 40+ hours a week lmao.

Most people seem to only care about how many months you spent playing the server and not the hours within it. You will only be seen/accepted if they see your progress, not the stuff you do behind the scenes or when they are not on. They only care about some departments and if you literally re-create a department and its documents, they may not notice at all.

Have a great one everyone! I might come back as a D-Class one day.

cyrustsou

Sep 14, 2022
Can't believe you are leaving me here, I will miss you like hell (PS:Thx for the shoutout;p)

Skylar

Oct 23, 2022
While I'll forgive you for the name misspelling, I wish you the best. Hope to see you again sometime in the near future, thanks for the assistance with my mentorship, and hopefully, if you come back, I'll mentor you ;)

Cleetus

Oct 11, 2022
It was nice meeting you, pretty fun/entertaining person in-game. I'm glad more people are talking about the lack of human compassion seen within the server when it comes to dishing out punishments. Mistakes feel like they aren't allowed on this server and 1 small mishap (whether you meant to do it or not) seems to cost you almost everything you've tried to gain on the server and nearly none of the staff (mainly higher ups) seem to realize this is a game at the end of the day and people make mistakes, and the Server Leadership don't care to fix their grey areas within the rules (I could build up a gigantic list of unwritten rules within an hour). Kinda wish you woulda stuck around but life is much more important than Gmod so I hope you have a great life and don't look back :)

Reactions: Anakin GroundRunner

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
i hope you dont come back in a good way the staff seem to not have human compassion when dealing with stuff like this and spending 40 hours a week when you got a family and kids this is the right decision i hope staff can see this server as a VIDEO GAME a gmod server not a actual job

Good luck in your future and focus on your family O7 brother

Jack Steiner (Auxide)

Apr 22, 2022
See you later, chief. Thanks for letting me do what I do best. I wish the best to you, your wife, and family. Have a happy holidays, and don't forget that it's ok to keep changing

Peace out, Bossman.

Reactions: Anakin GroundRunner

DWHJR/Hank Hughman

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Oct 5, 2022
Tennessee
Hey everyone Anakin GroundRunner here,

I am resigning from staff and my in-character roles. I have realized that I spent too much time and energy in this game and that I once broke an unwritten rule and therefore will not be promoted. I have also lost interest in climbing the ranks and want to focus more on my wife, family, work and IRL friends.

Everything written here is out of love and I do not mean to sound malicious or hurt anyone's feelings.

I will let my supervisor know asap so they can remove my Site Admin whitelist and my Senior Moderator role. I have ownership of some GENSEC documents that I forgot to move over to Ventz, so if you want me to do that I would be more than happy to help out.

The staff is great, but some rules and how they deal with them are extremely dumb. I have seen way too many staff members have zero compassion and act in anger when punishing.

Example: Captain used an AA bomb to celebrate two RRT getting their license. He was then banned for two weeks and removed as captain. They could have easily told him not to do it again and explained why. Everyone who died (it was in Killhouse) didn’t care except one person. They literally just respawn and go on with their day, it does not affect them in the long run because it’s a VIDEO GAME. The captain had no malicious intent and was under the impression that Killhouse was out of character.

It really is too bad as I have spent 700+ hours since September on the server and I enjoyed most of my time on it. That is over 40 hours a week.

Now onto the nicer things:

I have super enjoyed being a part of the community. It has been great playing and goofing off with you. I’d like to shout out a few individuals. Sorry if I missed you!

@Snuzzy : You loved ID-checking people and I enjoyed seeing you have passion for what you do.

@Robin Trinket : I am super glad you made chief and you deserve it! Good job!

@Mijur : I wish we could have been co-chiefs, we would have been a powerhouse.

@Jason Manson : I miss you and it was too bad I couldn’t see you continue to grow

@Cheese Cooper : AAA will have to be disbanded, unfortunately.

@Larry Hummer : Sorry, I have failed you as a son

@Pulsewalker : You are a great -1 and I enjoyed your Micky mouse voices

@LittleMsStupid : You are going to make a great -1, thank you for all you have done for this site.

@Dunkin "Bug": Sorry that you can't be my bodyguard anymore

@Teel : … I guess you have the high ground now…

@Jules : You are a goober

Sorry to all those D-Class I mercilessly destroyed in the airlock.

Advice to newcomers: Learn all the unwritten rules as these will haunt you. Don’t go for site command/administration. Enjoy the little things about the game. Don’t let it suck the life out of you and DO NOT spend 40+ hours a week lmao.

Most people seem to only care about how many months you spent playing the server and not the hours within it. You will only be seen/accepted if they see your progress, not the stuff you do behind the scenes or when they are not on. They only care about some departments and if you literally re-create a department and its documents, they may not notice at all.

Have a great one everyone! I might come back as a D-Class one day.
aye it was an honor serving with you anakin, i wish you the best of luck