Accepted Apply the lane system to the new war types

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I think most would agree that the new war types, while being a fun change in gameplay, don't really work well when player numbers get low. During small wars teams can't cover all the objectives and so have to ignore some. For S&D that means each team bombing points on alternate sides of the map with minimal combat (travelling to defuse is too slow), whoever plants most efficiently wins. For CTF you see a similar trend of people being unable to defend all 3 flags, so each team ends up running a single flag back to base uncontested for the whole war.

Both of these turn the gameplay into a jogging simulator rather than an MRP war. Couple that with the losing team getting zero campaign points and people stop bothering to run objectives once their team is far behind.

To resolve this I'd suggest applying the same lane system as conquest wars when generating the objective points. I.e. if the server is quiet you have a single offensive and defensive objective in these wars. This should focus and intensify combat and provide less of an advantage to whichever team has greater numbers.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Teams always able to reasonably defend their objectives.
- More combat during wars.
- Less time spent running across the map.
- New war types feel less quiet during small wars.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Focus on a single objective may encourage camping.
- A single unfairly placed objective could destroy balance. Consider spawning 2 flags in a single objective zone if it's a 1 lane war.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I hope this wouldn't be difficult to do and it might help to liven up small wars. Right now they're a bit dull.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
Lane wars are already a thing…
It chooses the number of lanes in a conquest
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough: the point was to reduce the number of active lanes in CTF and S&D modes when there are low player numbers, just like Conquest currently does. Right now wars of these types are still always using the full map.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
So the suggestion here is to make it so there's CTF and SnD in lane wars, meaning you defend only 1 point and you attack only 1 point?

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
So the suggestion here is to make it so there's CTF and SnD in lane wars, meaning you defend only 1 point and you attack only 1 point?
Pretty much, apply the conquest lane rules to CTF and SnD: enable 1, 2 or 3 objective point sets based on the number of players.

When I say "lane" I'm referring to the new conquest system's lanes, not expecting old-style lane wars to return.

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
+ Support

Suggestion is confusing but I think you meant to have 1 active lane in CTF/S&D when there are low players and vice versa.

Sounds good, would make wars more balanced and enjoyable instead of repeatedly capping 1 flag that the opposition can't defend due to a lack of players.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Merlin, Your suggestion has been accepted.

We have decided that this is beneficial to the server and I have added it to the backlog.

Kind regards.​

Status
Not open for further replies.