bigmaxmer

Do you have a mic?:
yes

What server are you applying for?:
SCP RP UK

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
Yes

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
7 warns, nitrp, nlrx2, rdmx2, frpx2 all of them atleast a month old, majority 3+ months old

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
No

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Yes, was a drill sergeant in a MRP server

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
4-8 hours

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I feel like there are many very creative event and roleplay ideas that haven't been made reality yet, i would really appreciate the possibility to give people a creative and fun enviroment with RP events that are complex and fun to interact with, or small and simple roleplays that make the day of our fellow playerbase more enjoyable and entertaining every day.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I am motivated to bring the community something fun, easily grasp the situations and how to make the RP end in a fulfilling way, i will be excited to work with other gm's for events and roleplays for the community and will take hours to think of some good ideas with the help of the community suggestions, and will make sure to put as much effort and motivation into being a gm! I will make sure that it won't only be fun for the players but also for the gm's, i also have more than enough experience to know what makes a good rp scenario.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):

1. "Paratech"
OOC Event Info: A couple of foundation tech experts or otherwise any personnel of the foundation find a suit of high-tech amor that seems highly damaged and is out of repair, the suit has a bar indicating suit stability, and writing in an unknown language, after examinating the suit it seems to have extremely low hume readings, after placement of a scranton reality anchor succeeds the suit starts to normalize in its stability, after a test subject has been selected to wear the suit, it and the person inside get made invisible effectively making them impossible to find, how will the foundation find the suit? Goc and ci seem to have noticed high humes in the pinewood area, cooperate or hide the anomaly, up to your choice.
(sras deactivate the suit for a short time & near it are VERY high humes, it also makes loud metal sounds and optionaly cant run)

IC event introduction: [Comms] Theres a high tech looking suit in this storage room, can someone come check on this? seems anomalous.
Gm cloaks the person or plays the person themselves, adds sounds, spawns the suit, spawns high hume fields, uncloaks when in area of SRA, gives eventual hints and other anomalous effects

2. "Interdimensional Threat"
OOC Event Info: After Research on SCP-22415 has been started, expeditions into the other dimension have begun, firstly researchers find people wandering around, looking like shadows, items laying around not to be seen in the main dimension, the entities run away and hide, after a while they start to corner off personnel and engage them, personnel need to run, or find the will to fight. 22415 seems to have no knowledge of these entities, nor does anyone else.
(considering this does affect a ingame scp it may not be very uncomplicated, altough this small event should not be held as server lore after it ended)

IC Event Introduction: [Foundation Research] SA have authorised the exploration of the alternate dimension, direct commands for the research department are to explore and document any anomalies; effective now.
gm spawns in anomalous shadow corpses, models the shadow people, gives a melee swep to the shadow people, spawns in anomalous items and probably some more stuff as well like scary sounds etc, as well as selecting people to play as the monsters.

3. "The Church of the broken god"
OOC Event Info: Members of the Church have entered the facility, wanting to retrieve lost parts of the broken god, the foundation has the goal of finding them first, no one will know what will happen if they don't succeed, all members of the church have basic thaumology that grows in power the more pieces of their god they have, shouldnt engage in combat unless provoked, can the foundation succeed, maybe even capture the members.
(can end in goc bombing the broken god and do some goi rp or otherwise maybe even an interview with members of the church, or the broken god himself)

IC Event Introduction: [???] The god that once was will return to this world in his full glory.
models people to the church members, spawns the broken parts, progresses the story, might even play as the broken god if they manage to rebuild him
Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

"The Red Lake"
OOC Event Info: SCP-009 has been released in pinewood under unknown circumstances (maybe a worldwide contamination and we just wipe memory of the event IC after its done?) It will spread and contaminate even more if not stopped, every water source will turn into it, nothing is safe, MTF E-11 On-Site will be cooperating with a squad of MTF B-7 "Maz Hatters", the anomaly is fully waterborne as it effectively turns all liquid into its own biomass, it seems to have been able to bring crystals of 009 contaminates into the facility trough the cold weather and snow, crystal form on every wall, floor and other areas near the entrance of vents, main gate. Do not touch the contaminates at all costs, find a solution to it and research its destruction methods, call assistance of the UNGOC if needed, rescueing this site is all that matters, even if we are the last to tell the tale, all snow and water on surface is slowing turning into 009, stop it, excessive force is AUTHORIZED.

IC Event Introduction: [Announcment] Biohazard detected, location: SURFACE, Code: 3 Initiated, deploying biohazard MTF to area, E-11 Respond.
Gm spawns the whole crystals, does the 409 sweps, colors the water and ice on surface if thats possible, possible cure might be one of the chemicals, like Y-33 or some other ones, which i could think about if i actually try to pull this event off practicly, also might give the zombies a melee attack swep like 049-2 instances have.

List an example mission for each of the following:

O-1:
The Ethics Comittee has ordered a investigation of the research department, multiple unautherized sampling tests from researcher have been reported on Classified CL4 SCP's, amnestication and interrogation of all involved personnel is to be taken, hints have lead us that Exec. Researcher .... has been giving access multiple researchers to unauthorized areas, mission will be complete upon detainment and amnestication of all involved research personnel, and the interrogation of Exec. Researcher ......... which is in the possession of reality hopping into the shadow dimension, Exec. Researcher ...... He might also have other abilities, we will confirm upon further investigation. Expect the Unexpected.
gm plays or either picks someone trusted to play the exec, sets all the health, sweps, armor and pretty much anything related like dimension travel and sets up the storyline.

A-1:
A-1 have been tasked with assisting the O5 Council in interacting with an uncontainable sentient anomaly for Discussions about Site-65 and its survival in the future, seeing the dark future it has ahead, A-1's mission is to protect the veil and try to get as much information out of the anomaly as they can, the clock is ticking, you must conceal and protect the O5 Council and Anomaly from those who want them dead, and to assist with the hiding of this interaction from the too curious Ethics Comittee, further details disclose the nature to eradicate hostile GOI's for the wellbeing of the foundation as just a small part of the grand operation, the anomaly is classified as a type-black and should be dealt with accordingly, supervise and commit antimeasures to get this anomaly under control.
Gm plays the anomaly / selects someone to be, sets up roleplay for CI and A-1, and sends hints, spawns anomalous events and visual disruptions and similar, roleplays as the anomaly with the appropriate sweps and related.

Nu-7:
a GOI in the name of "prometheus labs" have entered the proximity of pinewood, Nu-7 should deal with the GOI and interrogate their members, these members seem to posses extraordinal equipment and weaponry that has to be confiscated, Nu-7 are to interact with the G.O.C for assistince if needed and report back to the site administration after any progress has been made, the GOI have anomalous equipment with various functions assumed to be able to either gain the units some sort of precognition, or are able to reality bend in a unknown way, be cautious, dont engage on sight, the GOI may have interesting objects to sell. The hammer will strike.
GM selects people to play as prometheus labs, models people, gives guns and changed armor / health for the event operatives, sweps, anomalous behaviors of units and some more.

E-11:
Reports of Failing containment measures have been reported, the council seems to know more than the task force does, E-11 is tasked from site administration to find the anomaly that affects the containment rate of the anomalies and to capture it, E-11 are to be unconspicous and to keep this information classified until further notice.
Gm spawns in corpses of people and similar creepy things, visual glitches, sounds, doors opening and closing, electrical failures, notes with weird writing on them etc. in general someone (a gm) is gonna be walking around, able to cloak/ fly out of bounds when not looked at, when looked at needs to normally walk / run, so the entitiy is actually capturable and not an empty ghost chase

CI:
After scouting the foundation multiple interesting pieces of documents have been found detailing the mission of A-1 to secure the council and an unknown deity for a secretive mission, find out what that mission is by scouting out documents at designated locations with your deepcover agents and start an interception mission to stop the foundation from their operation, do not be detected, this is a undercover operation, outsmart the MTF and hide behind the covers of this reality the anomaly is a type black, it is not able to travel dimension neither is able to foresee the future, use this to your advantage.
GM spawns in the documents with all the information, make some only visible in the dimensions if that works, make CI under the effect of anomalous events from the deity like sudden collapses, visual disruptions, sound disruptions and so on.

UNGOC:
Mission from NEXUS High command, UNGOC stationed at pinewood are to schedule a site inspection of the foundation after revealing information leaked to the GOC detailing the breaking of the fivefold missions, and threat to the concealment of 3 dimension controling anomalies, therefore a interception operation dispatched by nexus high command has been ordered to observe foundation operations immediatly and report suspecious activity, do not expect the foundation to be cooperative, they are hiding something, use the anomalous to your advantage, we cannot afford to lose the veil, the anomalous entities are a greater threat than anyone could have expected, the new entities seem to be new trouble and should be immediatly dealt with, explore the possibilities of dimensional travel.
GM spawns in relics, special props and writes small hint documents and adds some things like shadows or generally anomalous phanomena to the dimension/ area surrounding the GOC to get everyone suspicious of the dimensions and new scps, might even spawn in ragdolls of the scps or the people themselves that are only visible in the dimension if thats possible of course.

Foundation Staff:
After the entrance of SCP-22415, The Foundation administration wants documentation of the reality teleportation paratech that we require to access the alternate dimension including the energy crystal, and what correlations they have to the anomalies, otherwise foundation personnel are also to explore combative uses of this technology to be used as "phase jumping" if we get access to this technology first, we will be the winners of this everlasting war between us and these pesky GOI's, Research and report, effective immediatly, upon succesfull usage of this phase jumping technology, testing will begin and combative uses will be explored, We will control these dimensions, and all variants of them, infinite containment space in just one foundation, Report to your stations.
GM Spawns props as "prototypes", gives people the swep for dimension hopping (phase jumping) to trusted people only of course, and might play as phase jumper themselves.

Last edited:

TheKupKake

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 13, 2023
Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)
Btw this is ment to be a map change aka downloading a new map from the steam workshop to the server for the event, (edit it asap before other GMS see this ? i like the fact you used colour and even gave a IC intro to the events. (but the colour doesnt go well with dark mode so keep that in mind)

O-1:
I struggle to find where a GM is needed in this event idea
A-1 / CI
This might be a good idea but it seems so unrealistic/not fun for anyone involved try avoiding getting the administrator / resh -1 in events since its a forced loss for the O5/ A-1. /CI
E-11:
This on the other hand is nice and realistic (tho it could use more work from an ooc direction aka how would GMs interact with site staff/SCPs
Nu-7:
Getting GOC in on this seems a little over the top since having GOC in with anyone else in an event will cause a lot of tension
UNGOC:
i like the fact you used high command, But a site inspection from GOC to foundation seems out of order?
Foundation Staff:
Paratech is mainly a GOC thing but i like where its going

So with all this in mind ill be giving you a
+/- Support Leaning +Support

After looking at the formatting changes id like to say good job to you my guy :)

But my point still stands, Sure you are thinking in the right place. but personally i fail to see how having resh-1 in any event would be fun for anyone. since you will be getting stomped 100% no question (They have plot armor).

I cant remeber if you change the NU7 one but i like it. Not many people know/ hear about Prometheus labs so bounus points from me :)
And the GOC event is alright could use a little more ironing out but as a wise man once said "you will figure it if you get TGM and the GM team will teach you the ways"

But for O-1 , A-1 , CI , And E-11 i fail to see how this could be made in to RP / How a gm would be needed. and if you did have a way for a GM

Having the events involving high clearance staff would automatically mean people on the other side taking a big loss.

So with that in mind i will not be changing my:

+/- Support Leaning +Support

Last edited:

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
-Support

Hello,
Firstly, the formatting on this is not ideal, the text is barely legible on the forum background.

Some of the Ideas would require work.

I find that the Paratech one is very simmilar to many other applications which have a simmilar concept, id avoid relying on MC&D selling stuff as a crutch to introduce too many SCPs, as it risks wearing out.
I do like the invisibilty suit concept, a rogue (GM played) Dclass being invisible and having to be hunted down methodically is a great concept to have MTF tackle an unusual threat.

the Interdimensional Travel event is also good, would make players freak out a lot, though we dont want to overuse the dimensions in order to not wear it out.

The COTBG event would probably not go as planned, the Second a Faction enters uninvited and begins tampering with SCPs, the common response is to immediatly start throwing all your MTF at them, making this event turn into Constant combat, which may not be ideal. We also avoid overuse of the Reality bending Abilities, which this would probably become.

The Mapchange event is not a map change, but aside from that, If the Mole-rats are called in to do exploration, where do the players come in?
Please elaborate on this.

O-1: Not a very interesting event.

A-1: This is not an Event and not really for A-1, also, Administrator events are done as rarely as possible, and only for Good Reason.

Nu-7: This is too brief, Please avoid using "unknown GOI", we cant judge you on what you dont write, and what you have written is effectively "a thing happens" which is not very persuasive for your abilities as a GM.

E-11: See above.

CI: See A-1 Event.

GOC: Also too Vague, not to mention that the Fivefold is not some legal charter the foundation agreed to uphold, The Foundation through existing violates the fivefold mission. You could make an interesting idea out of "the Foundation is doing something the GOC cannot tolerate", however, open warfare usually ends before it begins, and not in favour for the GOC, and i dont think it would be very interesting.

Foundation Staff: This also does not read like an event.

Overall, please be more explicit with your event ideas.
Also, please avoid using "Important" factions just for their brand power, Mentioning the Administrator does not make an Event good, neither does NEXUS.

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
+/- Neutral

I agree with what was said by the two previous gms:

-Map change is not a map change. The map Needs to be different is what it entails (go check other apps for reference).

-Some events are a bit lacking notably in the Department and goi ones (Aka the one after the map change) notably: A1 (Administrator event is a big nono), CI (Same issue), Nu7 (Sounds like their normal duties in all honesty), O1 (Sounds like their duties mostly and not really interresting).

-Formating is cool but the text color is not because sadly forums are really dark so you should pick some other color for the main text.

That asside I don't think your ideas are too bad and would be willing to go to
+Support if you updated the app.

BigMaxMer

Oct 22, 2023
Germany
+/- Neutral

I agree with what was said by the two previous gms:

-Map change is not a map change. The map Needs to be different is what it entails (go check other apps for reference).

-Some events are a bit lacking notably in the Department and goi ones (Aka the one after the map change) notably: A1 (Administrator event is a big nono), CI (Same issue), Nu7 (Sounds like their normal duties in all honesty), O1 (Sounds like their duties mostly and not really interresting).

-Formating is cool but the text color is not because sadly forums are really dark so you should pick some other color for the main text.

That asside I don't think your ideas are too bad and would be willing to go to
+Support if you updated the app.
Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep this all in mind and will try to improve it, as i have no experience in this kind of field yet i really do appreciate the information you gave me here as well as the other replies, thank you

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support

• After latest changes, everything seems to check out. Ideally you would want to have a log of what you changed with each update to your app, even if not exact.

• My only real critique here is that you don't seem to approach any of these events with thought as you how you will mechanically accomplish your ideas. Even if you don't know what the GM's full toolset is right now (which you're not expected to), you can at least guess and try to see how you can create in that way.

BigMaxMer

Oct 22, 2023
Germany
As for recommendation of emillia im adding a small change log
- Replaced map change event
- made the foundation staff event more cinematic and event sounding
- changed colors of mission texts to their corresponding regiment color
- made text more readable
- tweaked UNGOC mission a little and made more reason behind the mission
- tweaked CI mission adding more reason behind the mission
- Nu-7 mission named the unknown goi and added a specific goal and more rp that people can choose themselves, made more cinematic sounding
- reworked A-1 / CI mission to be not mentioning the administrator (big no no)
- added reason for GM and generally tweaked O-1 mission
- added GM Info for all events
- added more reason to E-11 GM info
- made the nature of the anomalies and other groups in the events more clear to avoid too much guessing
- tried my BEST to make the map change event a map change event

Last edited:

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+-neutral
most of your event directions (GM info) are really vague but overall some of the events you've made have potential

Paratech event has potential but the current way it is doesn't fully use that (e.g. GOC involvement, i think it'd be great if you read up some goc lore and maybe caused some conflict between goc and f)
your parallel dimension event would need lots of GMs to pretend being these entities and i think it'd be pretty difficult to run
i don't know how to feel about a mini-event being cult members building a god inside of site 65 with spare parts
map change event isn't a map change event

the O1 event could work as a PK event for a special exec, you've left it kinda vague but i guess it being open-ended would be good if it were a PK event
i have no clue what the A1 event is supposed to be
Nu-7 event has potential which you haven't tapped
E11 event just seems like an SCP 966 breach
CI event is just a special DC
GOC event is just a base raid with extra objectives

Foundation staff event could be the start of a really fun event storyline with involvement in all factions

Sean Hanson

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Oct 15, 2022
Application Denied

Hi Max

Thanks for taking the time to make a gamemaster application.

But we cant Accept you at this time. If you would like to find out more information, please reach out to myself (lukas3789)

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.