since April, over 1000 hours

In what country are you located?:

UK

Time zone:

GMT/BST

Character name(s):

'Assassin'

Civilian name:

'Assassins Aim' (changes all the time due to events)

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

UK

Do you have a mic?:

yes

-

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Holding

Held
O1-CommanderX2
Ethics committee member
E11 commander
UNGOC-MAJ
Intel ambassador
E11-CPL
CI-D
CI-G
CI-B

-

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

1 fail RP warn, killed a medic

-

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am applying for ethics committee member;

I was an ethics member before however an unexpected incident occurred within Omega-1 which saw me having to return as commander to ensure the health of the regiment and the strong position of ethics on site, i never really got the chance to properly do what i wanted to as an ECM and my hope is i can return without interruption this time so i can continue to try and benefit the server on a wider scale and working to improve passive RP as a whole.

Another main reason is i want a change a pace in the server. I have been in the combative side of the server for a very long time.

-

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

I believe i am the best candidate for a few reasons.

-I have led multiple MTF regiments for a very long time now, this has allowed me to gain an extensive experience with paperwork and micromanaging lots of things at the same time. It has also allowed me to be creative and introduce lots of new systems for people to enjoy. Alongside this it has also allowed me to develop in overseeing a very large part of the server and be aware of everything that is going on so issues can be sorted quickly, and healthy development can continue.

-I am already aware of a lot of the things the committee does, this is because of my previous position as O1 commander which i trained some of the current standing ECMs and many others that have served their term. This i believe will have a positive impact since i already know what qualities are expected of ECMs and what they are required to do.

-Excluding MTF regiments i have led, i have consistently held a senior position for around 6-7 months now, when it wasn't MTF it was GOC MAJ which further developed my skillset is administrative work and developing new things such as the loadout changes, they received and setting the foundation for the embassy.

-

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

The absolute main responsibility of the Ethics committee in character is to create RP within the site. This can come in many forms such as.

-Audits where ethics can march in and inspect a department, looking for any form of misconduct/ breaches of the COE however the things they may be looking for is a very long list and alot of the time depends on the situation.

-Maintaining the code of ethics and make sure any breaches are quickly dealt with, they will use Omega-1 as a tool to do this however it can be also dealt with throughout other departments without the need for O1 intervention.

-Approving tests to enable them to be conducted by the research department. This can be in the form of a 914 test.

-Approving documents.

-Hosting tribunals for people who have breached the code of ethics.

-Overseeing the department, they are assigned to holding meetings when needed.

-The more situational things such as authorising advanced armoury and authorising mass terminations if there is a need.

-

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

Out of character work for the ethics committee will involve the decision making on CL4 positions and department directors. Most of the time they will work with O5 to come up with a verdict for these applications. Other work may include any work related to the department their assigned to and making sure the code of ethics is up to date.

-

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

The foundation.

Mike was born on the 16 April 1992 in the south of England, he was immediately put into a foster care system and all ties to his family are currently unknown. His childhood was relatively violent, and it always seemed like mike was on the move which forced him into a life where he had to learn to take care of himself and not rely on anyone when things needed doing. After some years Mike enlisted into the English military where he showed a wide skillset, and he clearly went above and beyond on what was expected of him. After a relatively short time in service mike was scouted for the marines where he would be able to operate without limitations and allow people to see what he was truly capable of. There was one mission however which caught the eye of the ███ foundation. Mike and his squad which consisted of 6 operatives including him were sent into the middle east where they were tasked with the assassination of multiple insurgents and their high command. As soon as they entered the area of operations they were immediately hit, and they went down. This caused 2 operatives of the team to be instantly killed, this meant Mike and his team were already 2 men short and still had a lot of ground to cover. Mike and his team slowly proceeded to their objective however they were met with fierce resistance which further caused the death of another operative, in response Mike called in for close air support however they were only able to get a few shots off before they were taken down. This small amount of time though allowed Mike and his 2 squad mates to rush to the building where their P1 objective was located. They wasted no time and moved in to clear the building, the point man breached the door however he was hit with a shotgun. Mike and his last squad mate then moved into the building taking people out along the way however when they breached into the last room, they saw that the commander had escaped, and they were running into the field located out the back of the house. Mike wasted no time however the commander was covered by snipers which took out the last person in Mikes team leaving just him, Mike took point, aimed and managed to kill the commander. After the death of the commander Mike was forced to stay low and with luck reinforcements arrived and managed to get him out of there. When Mike returned to base he was approached by some shadowy figures and then he was never seen again by the public.

Journy into O████-1.

Mike was recruited by the SCP foundation; he was immediately put into MTF unit Epsilon-11 in the squad known as Xulu-7. Here mike witnessed the true horrors of the anomalous, from SCP 682 breaching containment and destroying anything that was in its way without any promise of stopping to the horrors of 008 which once it reached a certain point seemed to be impossible to recontain. This environment allowed Mike to hone his already elite skillset to an even higher degree to which he reached a point where the ethics committee and O████-1 command started to see his potential.

After a long 049 recontainment effort mike was kidnapped, trained and recruited into the mobile task force known as Omega-1. Alongside his recruitment his true name would also be lost forever, and he would only be known by the codename of Assassin, all documents regarding Assassins true name were wiped and everyone who previously knew him were informed of his death.

Omega-1 'Laws left hand'

Assassin served in Omega-1 with pride, undergoing any mission and carrying out orders without question. This understandably earned him many promotions and within a short space of time he climbed his way to the rank of lieutenant. As a Lieutenant Assassins leadership from his time of the marines started to show and the elite regiment started to develop as a whole, after hard work and dedication Assassin earned himself the commander position to which he served in that position for many months, developing the regiment and undertaking missions that normal units wouldn't be able to handle alone. The most infamous mission undertaken involved the organisation known as OT&D, Omega-1 breach and cleared floor 10 to which they were betrayed by their ISD counterparts, however they were able to quickly regain their footing and proceeded to defend the ethics committee against impossible odds, unfortunately the rest of the mission however is covered in black inc and kill agents.

Role reassignment- E11 commander

After a long time of service Assassin stepped down as Commander of omega 1 to which 2 weeks later, he was met with a request from ethics and the figures in the shadows. Assassin was requested to return to the regiment which introduced him to the foundation and use his skillset there for the betterment of site 65. This is where Assassin spend a short period of time getting the regiment back on its feet, even though E11 is not classified alot of information on Assassin even new things is covered in black inc due to the nature of his past. The initial learning curve was steep however by the end of his command he mastered the containment procedures and managed to co ordinate extensive efforts to fulfil the foundations mission statement.

Assassin's service as commander of E11 was brief however he manged to achieve what he set out to do and his mission objectives were achieved. Once again he would find himself returning back to the ethics sector of the foundation however an unexpected event would occur shortly after.

Ethics committee member

Assassin was brought into the committee itself, lending out a helping hand to ensure the health of both the site and omega-1, Assassin would take part in many discussions that paved the way to future policy and the running of the SCP foundation.
Early into his short reign of ECM the core sector was introduced where he would find his office to be able to effectively oversee his assigned department. As an ECM Assassin was the liaison for E11 where he was able to ensure the succession was a smooth one and the health of the mobile task force unit remained to a high standard.

However after just a few days the commander of Omega-1 was unexpectedly removed which put Assassin in a very difficult position.

Assassin had 2 choices, stay an ECM which ran the risk of the task force suffering greatly since there was no commander fit to lead the regiment at the time or go back to Omega-1 to lead the regiment a second time to ensure Ethics power in the SCP foundation and make sure their needs can be met.

Return to Omega-1

After multiple talks and spending an extensive period of time going over potential solutions Assassin was required to return to lead Omega-1 a second time, there was no fit commander to lead the regiment and with the new position of the Ethics committee on site, Omega-1 could not afford to be put in a bad position.
Assassin's mission as Omega-1 commander was simple, ensure the survival of the ethics committee at all costs and make sure the foundations mission statement was achieved.

After a month or so there was a meeting with a shadow organisation after a request was made for the outfitting of all Omega-1 operatives with new equipment after it was clearly seen that the current protective equipment just wasnt cutting it anymore.
Assassin fought extensively for the development and approval which he managed to achieve in the end, however Omega-1 are still waiting on their shipment.

Present

After a few more months of service Assassin decided to put Omega-1 behind him once again and picked out a new commander to continue to meet the high standards expected.

Currently Assassin is just sitting back, looking at the operations that are currently going on within the foundation deciding on what he should do next.

Duke Dukerson the Duke

Jan 18, 2023
+support

I've only ever seen Az behave in an ethical and professional way.
Also when we were in the showers after cleaning out 173's cell he has ungodly amounts of girth. I'm talking coke-can levels of "please God no" here.
Anyway, +support. Good man. Girthy man.

Reactions: AssassinsAim

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
+ SUPPORT

Lots of previous experiences, definately more than capable of holding this position.

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
+Support
Where to begin? I guess it is only right that I start at the beginning. I first met Assassin many months ago whilst he was serving as an Intel Ambassador. He stood out immediately which is why I recommended he be given a tryout for O-1. Turns out I had an eye for talent as he quickly rose through the ranks to hold the COM position to great success. The rest is widely known. Unfortunately his past time as an ECM was cut short, a fact that bears on my conscience regularly.
Assassin is a great asset to the community, rolemodel to it's members and as good a friend as anybody could ask for. Diligent, steadfast and roleplay focussed in his duties.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
Neutral.
As much as I like you Assassin, and as much as I know you're a competent leader I have some concerns.
You were an ECM for like 4 days and then vanished back to O1, I'm not too sure of the reason but surely giving the officers a chance to prove themselves and lead the regiment isnt a bad thing without you having to "step down" and lead it.
And when you moved over to E11 Commander, you swore to stick around until things turned out for the better and leave when they were in a great spot, but you didn't. You also resigned from O1 COM/Server cause it was impacting you and you wanted to get away from it, but now wanting to jump up to an even higher position with more stress is odd.
I guess my point is just your dedication to the position is in question. If theres anything you could answer with to reassure me

AssassinsAim

May 24, 2022
Neutral.
As much as I like you Assassin, and as much as I know you're a competent leader I have some concerns.
You were an ECM for like 4 days and then vanished back to O1, I'm not too sure of the reason but surely giving the officers a chance to prove themselves and lead the regiment isnt a bad thing without you having to "step down" and lead it.
And when you moved over to E11 Commander, you swore to stick around until things turned out for the better and leave when they were in a great spot, but you didn't. You also resigned from O1 COM/Server cause it was impacting you and you wanted to get away from it, but now wanting to jump up to an even higher position with more stress is odd.
I guess my point is just your dedication to the position is in question. If theres anything you could answer with to reassure me

Hey Naffen

I highlighted the reason why I left ECM to go into Omega-1 in the application, the officers at the time had other responsibilities and did not wish to go higher or they just got promoted into the CO team. I went back because it was either that or risking the regiment dying as a whole.

When it comes to E11 commander my original job was to stick around until i got the regiment into a good position and i sorted a replacement commander, that is exactly what I did. I got the regiments activity up and increased their boundary of responsibility alongside sorting out the major complaints people had. The only thing that was left was getting a commander sorted which after a few long conversations was also sorted with the additional appointment of the correct LTCOM. I then used the ethics position to continue to make sure the department remained healthy however after the Omega-1 problem I couldn't guarantee that anymore. However my point stands, when I did leave E11 was in a great spot and I gave them all the tools they needed to really develop the regiment into something great.

I resigned from O1 commander because yes it was affecting me however I would honestly say the workload of MTF commanders is disproportionate compared to even site command positions since running a healthy regiment requires alot of microing which can prove to be very time consuming.

Site command is far more flexible than a MTF commander because alot of the microing just isn't there and if you don't want to hop on for a day or two then the impact is greatly reduced in comparison. I have also asked the chairman about site command and if anything has changed in regards to flexibility and nothing has changed, I can play ECM consistently and sort IRL out when needed which is completely different to how things were just before I resigned.

Omega-1 commander was not the sole reason for my resignation it was multiple responsibilities which will also not be a problem in the future.

I understand your concern to my dedication to the position, there is a reason why i went through those positions however i never felt the need to highlight them to people in the server so they see a situation without the context and that will lead to opinions on it all being formed, after a discussion with the chairman as to why it happened it was cleared up.

Alongside general dedication to a role before all of that i was O1 commander for 6 consistent months.

Last edited:

'Jerome'

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Rust Staff
Nov 16, 2022
+Support
- Ex-ECM
- Ex O-1 Commander x2
- Great leader
- Hard worker
- Detailed Application
- More than competent

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
+Support

Assassin was very competent when he was briefly an ECM and I was saddened to have him move into O1 again as COM.

His talents in organising rp and mangement of people is of high quality.

Great man for the job. Good luck!

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
+Support
I am convinced assasin would have done great things for the Ethics Committee if he had not been effectively forced back into the position by an unforseen incident.

Assasin took a great hit to his reputation and willingly stepped down from the highest echelon of the site in order to ensure the stability and prosperity of Omega-1.

R. Slicker

Aug 30, 2022
+support
Got O1 commander TWICE and did a great job both times. A large amount of experience across a variety of different roles. Very good at organising people. A former ECM.

immesurable girth

AssassinsAim

May 24, 2022
Neutral
Same as Naffen, you are going to get accepted anyways
There's no guarantee that I will be accepted, I understand the concern you and Naffen have. If you check the reply I covered all the points but its also down to most people being provided limited context regarding the positions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.